BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

European Auto Source (EAS)

04-23-2017, 07:44 PM   #1
gsxrliterbikz
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93, E38, E53

Garage List
2008 Bmw m3  [0.00]
2001 BMW x5  [0.00]
2001 BMW 740  [0.00]
Reduced power malfunction help

Sorry for the novel but im hoping I can get some help here. For a week or so ive been having intermittent dsc errors that have pointed to a failing dsc pump/module. Whenever they occur, its just a message on the dash. No reduced power.

This morning I was checking my diag/coding laptop for some comm issues which turned out to be a timeout timer error. Fixed it, went to the car and scanned a module and it worked. Throughout all the testing I never coded anything. Just read.

This afternoon I went to take the car for a spin, and I have dsc and reduced power warnings. Car wont rev past 3500.

Only hard code is 5e19 can dme/dde, engine torque not adjustable.
It comes back immediately after clearing and even before starting the car.
Code can be found with both inpa and ista d.

I used ncs to code the car back to factory defaults and remove any tweaks I had made for euro settings.
No change.

Ista d also finds faults with both throttle actuators. One is new bmw installed 6 months ago, the other is original but rebuilt with new gears.

Could a faulty dsc pump/module cause this? I tried using ista to recalibrate both the pump and the sensors. Ista said the calibration was successful.

Starting to worry that a setting got tweaked with ncsexpert somehow. I pawed through the dsc settings and anything that could be related but cant find anything out of place.

04-24-2017, 07:18 PM   #2
gsxrliterbikz
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2008 Bmw m3  [0.00]
2001 BMW x5  [0.00]
2001 BMW 740  [0.00]
Well, Ive gone and done it now.....

Having thermostat issues for a while, so before dicking around too much I figured I'd change the crap I know is bad.
New thermostat and associated seals and gaskets, water pump, cooling hoses, coolant, oil, filter, maybe a new air filter (have an older drop in).
Also ordering up a replacement dsc pump from deansbeamer. Since the cowl is off itll be pretty easy.
      05-15-2017, 05:48 PM   #3
gsxrliterbikz
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2008 Bmw m3  [0.00]
2001 BMW x5  [0.00]
2001 BMW 740  [0.00]
Figured I'd update here as well.

I installed my new to me dsc pump today. Coded it, ran the bleed procedure and the dsc sync procedure.
Now my pressure sensor codes are gone. But still dealing with the reduced engine power issues.
So I decided to drive the car a bit to see what it would toss for codes.
Rescanned it after and it would seem I have throttle actuator codes still. Bank 2. So next up is to toss in my unused new actuator and see what happens.
Wish me luck.
Appreciate 0