BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

BPM

12-13-2016, 11:30 PM   #67
Eh858
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 Melbourne Red m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by whats77inaname View Post
I would suggest you call your warranty company again. The class action lawsuit is for the ROD bearings, NOT the main bearings. Sounds like they're trying to screw you.
its for either bearings not just rod I spoke to the lawyers doing the lawsuit, but the warranty is saying no, trust ive called many times getting a lawyer against them is also a step im thinking about
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2016, 11:16 PM   #68
Umi|all|day
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 SS M3 E92

Dude I'm so sorry, I want to send them a hate email or call them and tell them off for you
Appreciate 1
      12-16-2016, 11:43 AM   #69
Helmsman
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW E90 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eh858 View Post
Hello friends, sorry it took a long time to get back to you guys. This warranty company as been such a fucking hassle, I SUGGEST NO ONE AND I REPEAT NO ONE USE AUTODELTAPROTECT, the fucking worst company to go to.

Anyway, we stripped the engine down to the very failure point "main bearing failure, stuck to the crank shaft) after speaking to the warranty company this part is covered but they will not pay for it due to there being a class action law suit against bmw for it. They stated "the oil pumps are working fine but arent giving enough oil to lubricate the bearings" so they wont cover it... but they just said the oil pumps are working fine? yeah, makes no fucking sense.

I have 24k miles on the car, I spoke to bmw and they are willingly to take a look at it and hopefully good will the engine, towing the frame/torn apart engine to bmw on friday.
Ever so sorry to hear mate. First; wtf is up with an engine going down on main bearings at 24k miles, only broken in ffs! Second; wtf is up with these insurance companies, is that the way it is, they have no obligations to their customers soon as someone is filing a claim on the manufacturer? Is that class suit specifically or could they have buddies filing claims left right in order to escape their responsibilities? What a messed up business model, those f@cking insurance companies.
Put up a good fight with those bloody gangsters bro, wish you all strenght!
Appreciate 1
      12-16-2016, 03:46 PM   #70
houston
Private
Rep
Drives: M3

Mine went at 17003 miles. BMW will lead you on, and the bend you over. BMW NA will also not goodwill due to the same impending lawsuit. Any sign of folding and they may be on the hook for hundreds maybe thousands of bearing failures.

In the end my warranty company, Mercury, covered me 100%; but I still think this is 100% bullshit on BMW NA. Keep fighting.

I am honestly awaiting a paper in the mail any day now from Mercury saying they are dropping me due to this very very costly incident.
Appreciate 1
      12-16-2016, 03:50 PM   #71
houston
Private
Rep

OP where you the only owner? If so that might help your case with BMW.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2016, 04:00 PM   #72
deansbimmer
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: 2011 E93 M3

Garage List
1988 BMW M3  [0.00]
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
2011 X5M  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
Mine went at 17003 miles. BMW will lead you on, and the bend you over. BMW NA will also not goodwill due to the same impending lawsuit. Any sign of folding and they may be on the hook for hundreds maybe thousands of bearing failures.

In the end my warranty company, Mercury, covered me 100%; but I still think this is 100% bullshit on BMW NA. Keep fighting.

I am honestly awaiting a paper in the mail any day now from Mercury saying they are dropping me due to this very very costly incident.
That's a good point I never considered. The fact that there is an open class action suit is really going to hurt the owners with current bearing failures seeking assistance from BMW. BMW won't warranty/goodwill/no charge any of these as long as the case is active. It would be relatively easy for a decent legal firm to subpoena all no-charged services related to bearing failure, and that would only help to bury BMW. BMW is a juggernaut with a far greater legal budget than the plaintiffs side.

Personally, I don't see BMW losing the suit. Really in the end, whether 'we' win or lose, the guy that started the whole suit has only hurt the community in the meantime.

And to those keeping a record, Houston's engine replacement was required due to main bearing failure.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2016, 12:38 AM   #73
Jarrod
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E93 335is

Find a contract lawyer and sue the shit out of the insurance co. They are on the hook for this repair. Make them pay for it. Then *they* can become members of the class against BMW, if they are so concerned about that suit.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2016, 05:33 PM   #74
Rajmun340
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 ZCP factory order

deansbimmer, let's not talk nonsense. Being under CA lawsuit, BMW probably will not goodwill an engine to owners out of warranty as there is no contractual obligation for that, granted, but they f*cking sure as hell have to continue to fully cover cars under bmw factory warranty and they will, CAL or no CAL. The reason being that the outcome of the lawsuit whatever it will be has no legal implications one way or the other for owners still under BMW factory warranty (or Extd BMW warranty).
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2016, 08:40 PM   #75
SaNGRia
Major
Rep
Drives: LCI E93 M3 + F85 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by deansbimmer View Post
It is definitely possible that subsequent owners could not be aware that the engine had been previously supercharged. I would imagine it would be very tempting for a seller to return a car to stock and not disclose the modifications.
I think it is most probably what happened. And I am really sorry for your loss! and it is really scary my friend. I am about to replace/upgrade my rod bearings. But this main bearing failure at that millage is something else!
, F85 ACC Retrofit

Last edited by SaNGRia; 12-21-2016 at 08:58 PM..
Appreciate 1
      12-22-2016, 01:31 PM   #76
houston
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeM3SSII View Post
deansbimmer, let's not talk nonsense. Being under CA lawsuit, BMW probably will not goodwill an engine to owners out of warranty as there is no contractual obligation for that, granted, but they f*cking sure as hell have to continue to fully cover cars under bmw factory warranty and they will, CAL or no CAL. The reason being that the outcome of the lawsuit whatever it will be has no legal implications one way or the other for owners still under BMW factory warranty (or Extd BMW warranty).
BMW has a special play under warranty: you take the car in and they will replace the engine. They will not formally diagnose it as "rod bearing failure"

We are nearing the very end of any s65s being under factory warranty.
Appreciate 1
      05-12-2017, 09:07 AM   #77
kerkiraios00
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '18 F80 MW M3

Update ?
2018 F80 M3 ZCP Mineral White- Extended Shakir Orange - Full Suntek Ultra Wrapped - ///M Performance Spoiler - RKP Front Lip - RKP Side Skirts - Vorsteiner GTS Diffuser -AA Mid-Pipe-///M performance HAS kit - HRE P101

11 E90 M3 JEREZ BLK METALLIC ZCP SOLD
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2017, 08:58 PM   #78
ThatWhiteM3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3 E92

I sh!t u not, every time I get on this forum and read what people go through gets me so f***ing paranoid and I don't even want to start my m3. Best of luck to you to find what the issue is.
Appreciate 0