BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

EXXEL Distributions

03-21-2010, 02:12 PM   #1
bimmerphreak
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 03 330ci

Question Need advice regarding independent inspection of a used C63 AMG(with accident history)

Looking into purchasing a used C63 AMG from a private used car dealer. Dealer took the car in as a tradein and only knows what the carfax says -- that the car was involved in a front end accident of some sort which required repaint of hood and fender, but report doesn't get into how serious the accident was or anything else that was done. Carfax is otherwise clean.

Going to take a look at it tomorrow and would like an independent inspection performed on the car to spot any mechanical/structural damage remaining and to know what mechanical/structural components may have been repaired.

The car is located near Princeton, NJ. Any recommendations for where to take the car for an inspection -- MB dealer, independent mechanic or bodyshop? Thanks for any suggestions!
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2010, 02:31 PM   #2
chungdae
The Asian Sensation
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Alpine White M3, S1000RR

I wouldn't do it.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2010, 02:39 PM   #3
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville

run away, RUNNNNN AWWWAAAYYYYY!!!!
      03-21-2010, 02:39 PM   #4
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Aventurin/SS G82 xDrive

Garage List
Be very careful.

I turned in my lease the other day, and a friend wanted to see the report. He ran Autocheck and Carfax (he is an independent used car dealer and didn't want to accidentally pick it up at the auction too). He said he found nothing major on either report. Back in February of 09 I picked it up from the body shop after $30,000 in repairs (it was a 07 E92 335i Coupe).
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2010, 02:40 PM   #5
DBFIU
Crack Addict
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast

he hasnt even told us what the deal was. So how much is this bad boy selling for?

If the price is right, why not.

No for real though, You better get it for like 20k hahaha..
      03-21-2010, 04:11 PM   #6
GreenPlease
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i e92

Like the others said, only if the price is right. FWIW, my dad had a CLS55 about five years back that he wrecked. He was pushed off the side of I95 by a semi, literally. snapped the rear axel, jacked up the suspension components of the front left wheel, twisted the chasis slightly.

It was taken to a body shop in Jacksonville that was associated with Brumos. Dude, the equipment they had was amazing. After all of the repairs (about $20,000 worth) the car drove flawlessly for the next year until he traded it in.

I'd have it taken to a local body shop you trust. They should be able to tell what sort of damage was done and how well it was repaired. Also, test drive the shit out of it and demand one hell of a warranty on the powertrain.