BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

BPM

02-18-2010, 07:36 AM   #23
Jay J
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensta335 View Post
#2 Black GS has a Benz front grill? Cars look alright. Not feeling those crazy negative cambers.
Its a Grill made by Kaaz
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2010, 11:11 AM   #24
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirenz2006 View Post
whatever style it is, it's f'in hideous
agreed.
      02-18-2010, 11:40 AM   #25
HiProfile Robs
CF JNKY
Rep
Drives: Z06

Love it! But then again i'm biased!
      02-18-2010, 07:26 PM   #26
TLud
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 Golf R

I'm not knocking on Lexus owners here because I like them and bad modding isn't restricted to one brand, but what's the deal with the badly fitting body kits, completely unmatched paint, extreme negative camber, and slammed ride height? What makes one think those things look good? I understand the fun of personalizing your ride, but this is nuts...
      02-18-2010, 09:20 PM   #27
Cl0ud7
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ZCP

Appreciate 0
      02-18-2010, 10:59 PM   #28
Xuningshen
Registered
Rep
Drives: Lexus IS350

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiProfile Robs View Post
Love it! But then again i'm biased!
I love them too like rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLud View Post
I'm not knocking on Lexus owners here because I like them and bad modding isn't restricted to one brand, but what's the deal with the badly fitting body kits, completely unmatched paint, extreme negative camber, and slammed ride height? What makes one think those things look good? I understand the fun of personalizing your ride, but this is nuts...
The guys who are extremely slammed with crazy negative camber and are tucking rim are all on air suspension, no way they can drive it like that. 2nd gen GS's tend to do it. I think it looks sick

Edit:my favorite, my friend's car

Last edited by Xuningshen; 02-18-2010 at 11:05 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2010, 11:55 PM   #29
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
Rep
Drives: ///M323 DCT

^ that body kit fits like poo.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2010, 02:14 AM   #30
ThePerfectExposure
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Lexus

Quote:
completely unmatched paint
Many of the cars that I posted up were completely repainted.

It might look off in the pictures because they are 3 stage pearl paint.

They are very tricky to match, even when the rest of the car was painted using the same paint from the same batch. Also, if the bumper or side skirts does not reflect light at the same angle as the adjacent panel, it will look different in pictures if you look hard enough.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2010, 02:37 AM   #31
GP20
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: Z4M, F80 M3, 991.2 GTS

Ehh....what's this a pimp-my-ride re-union?
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2010, 04:42 AM   #32
DougLikesBMW
Fapmin
Rep
Drives: '03 E46 330Ci

So much fail in one spot, lol.

Quality on the photos is always top notch.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2010, 07:09 AM   #33
ptack
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePerfectExposure View Post

They are very tricky to match, even when the rest of the car was painted using the same paint from the same batch. Also, if the bumper or side skirts does not reflect light at the same angle as the adjacent panel, it will look different in pictures if you look hard enough.
If the adjacent panels obviously don't match it's because they don't fit and don't have the same finish as the rest of the car. I understand some people tried to spend a lot of time and money on their cars here, but the criticism would be the same if these were BMWs.
      02-19-2010, 08:32 AM   #34
Muffnbluff
Redline Addict
Rep
Drives: '14 BMW 335 xdrive

Xbox live must have been empty that day with all the asian boy racers out at the lexus meet.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2010, 12:16 PM   #35
KANdaddy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 22 M3C XDrive-Ind Grey Blk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xuningshen View Post
I love them too like rob The guys who are extremely slammed with crazy negative camber and are tucking rim are all on air suspension,
Wow, after reading that the gheyness factor for me went up about 4000%. I'd be 1000 times more proud to own a stock Prius than any of these "rides".
      02-19-2010, 02:16 PM   #36
TLud
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 Golf R

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePerfectExposure View Post

For those cars that were completely repainted and still look off, that clearly means that the body kits weren't prepped properly before painting. And it's not an issue of angles and light reflection or else sides of the cars would look off, not just the body kits. Trust me, I understand how tricky it is to get the paint matched perfectly and for kits to get fitted perfectly. I have an aftermarket front bumper myself. You have to get a high quality product, which are expensive, you have to get a very experienced high-end paint shop, and you have to have a body shop that knows how to line everything up just right. And all of that is not cheap, but do it right or not at all.

You can tell the ones in your pictures that were done properly. For example, I actually think the cars in pics 5 and 6 look good.

I can appreciate the fact that some people really like the slammed on bags with crazy negative camber and blingtastic wheels look, even though it's not for me at all. I also understand that a lot of work and time went into these cars, so my apologies if my first post came across as too critical.
      02-19-2010, 06:27 PM   #37
Xuningshen
Registered
Rep
Drives: Lexus IS350

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANdaddy View Post
Wow, after reading that the gheyness factor for me went up about 4000%. I'd be 1000 times more proud to own a stock Prius than any of these "rides".
I guess you BMW guys arn't fans of air suspension, its cool. You sure your not thinking hydrolics?

Quote:
For those cars that were completely repainted and still look off, that clearly means that the body kits weren't prepped properly before painting. And it's not an issue of angles and light reflection or else sides of the cars would look off, not just the body kits. Trust me, I understand how tricky it is to get the paint matched perfectly and for kits to get fitted perfectly. I have an aftermarket front bumper myself. You have to get a high quality product, which are expensive, you have to get a very experienced high-end paint shop, and you have to have a body shop that knows how to line everything up just right. And all of that is not cheap, but do it right or not at all.

You can tell the ones in your pictures that were done properly. For example, I actually think the cars in pics 5 and 6 look good.

I can appreciate the fact that some people really like the slammed on bags with crazy negative camber and blingtastic wheels look, even though it's not for me at all. I also understand that a lot of work and time went into these cars, so my apologies if my first post came across as too critical.
thanks for the input. Its nice to see someone appreciate how someone takes the time and work it takes to get the perfect offsets(i know for sure a couple of them are running either 0, or positive offsets), perfect stretch on the tires, fender modifications and how much work it takes to run air suspension, tucked when fully slammed yet flush when air'd up. It takes alot of work to get your car sitting like my friend's does(white Junction produce GS). and running that setup everyday, up keeping it alot of work also.

Most of the work on these cars was done by their owners themselves(i know of at least a few), not shops, so they take pride in their work even if its not up to other people's standards. I'm sure all you BMW guys make bank but thats not necessarily the case for all the lexus owners, especially the older generation SC's and GS's. considering those cars are almost a decade old.

Last edited by Xuningshen; 02-19-2010 at 06:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2010, 06:39 PM   #38
BigDog
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: YMB F80

^^^^^^^

i guess the point everyone is trying to make is regardless of the amount of work it takes or pride they have... if its bad, its bad simple as that....

can't put lipstick on a pig and pretend its a supermodel...
      02-19-2010, 07:59 PM   #39
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a boss

wasnt that place called superautobacs?

no Fs..haha
      02-20-2010, 01:34 AM   #40
b0bab0i
Major
Rep
Drives: 03 TiAG z4 3.0i w/ hardtop

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDog View Post
^^^^^^^

i guess the point everyone is trying to make is regardless of the amount of work it takes or pride they have... if its bad, its bad simple as that....

can't put lipstick on a pig and pretend its a supermodel...
Its all a matter of opinion. It's all in the eye of the beholder. What you might perceive to be great might look like shit to someone else.

For example, many BMW purists believe everything designed from Chris Bangle and on is ugly(this includes E60, E85, E90, E92, E65 etc..) They believed he ruined the classic lines of BMW's. Obviously you don't agree with this do you? Because both of the cars listed in your stable were from when Bangle was head designer.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2010, 12:04 PM   #41
KANdaddy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 22 M3C XDrive-Ind Grey Blk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xuningshen View Post
I guess you BMW guys arn't fans of air suspension, its cool. You sure your not thinking hydrolics?
air suspension, hydrolics....whatever it is......its just too ghetto fab/Low Rider mag for my tastes.

02-20-2010, 07:56 PM   #42
DASHOCKER
The power of V!
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i coupe steptronic

Garage List
1998 Lexus Gs400  [0.00]
2010 ebony & ivory  [0.00]
2006 BMW X3  [0.00]
2009 pics  [0.00]
2009 e92 335 xdrive  [0.00]
Looking to sell my Lexus Gs400 this year. I am tired of the cutting & pasting trying to make it into something it is not. It still drives like garbage even with all the suspension mods, etc.
      02-20-2010, 08:37 PM   #43
e90David335i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Sport, 1990 325is

Honest to god!
These people should be executed at dawn for their sins.
Let's destroy the image of the Automobile! yay!

Comparable vehicles:

I've developed many philosophical reasons why the ricer scene = PURE EVIL!!!
      02-21-2010, 09:19 AM   #44
Jay J
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffnbluff View Post
Xbox live must have been empty that day with all the asian boy racers out at the lexus meet.

This car probably has seen more track time (yes the kind with the turns) than most of the crtitics on here against the Lexo's.... Its also outrun its fair share of E46/E36/ and even a few E92M and 335i coupes on the track..(SOW/BW/TH/LS)
Some fitment is indeed not 100%, but neither are the Vorsteiner bumpers/ hoods (They require finessing to fit).
Appreciate 0