BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Sponsor M3 Project Cars Showcase

03-14-2014, 01:39 AM   #375
tbone28
vvvvvvvvvvvvvv
United_States
Rep
Drives: ^^^^^

What point does calling someone you don't even know out? It doesn't accomplish anything positive. Sometims it's better to not verbalize what you're thinking. That's why I think this is lame. Who gives a shit. I mean really.

What you're implying now about others getting butt hurt or sensitive is that the owner should let you say what you want, but it's not right for him to say anything back. You have an opinion. He has his. I have mine.

He changed his mind on tracking. Is that really that big of a deal to call him out on it? Lame
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2014, 01:50 AM   #376
Hershey
CLU KINGSMEN
Rep
Drives: '66 Shelby GT 350

Radiant's just calling a spade a spade and a poser car a poser car.....although in much nicer words.

The title of the thread did include "AW E92 M3 Track Oriented Build" led to no track time as someone here has stated

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone28 View Post
Right. I stated my opinion.
Tbone- your response is what they say in law school as "Circular reasoning". We're all willing to discuss this and not "argue" in childish jabs.
      03-14-2014, 01:53 AM   #377
tbone28
vvvvvvvvvvvvvv
United_States
Rep

You stated your opinion. I stated mine. What's the problem?

And what does law school have to do with this? If you'd like to throw out titles we certainly can

What's childish here is calling out the op. Call it a discussion or whatever you want but it doesn't come across that way. And it's not my car. I'm just a 3rd party.

As I said, sometimes it's better not to verbalize what you're thinking
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2014, 02:00 AM   #378
rAdzM
Smashed!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [10.00]
2006 BMW M5  [9.00]
this is where Emotional Intelligence comes in

BBS | BREMBO | RECARO | ig: @euro_rad
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2014, 02:02 AM   #379
rAdzM
Smashed!
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [10.00]
2006 BMW M5  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_dub View Post
Thank you. This is the bottom line point right here, it's not your car so why give 2 shits about it if you don't agree with how it was modified. Be the better person and don't say shit then. Whether he's being a poseur or not, who cares. You cannot deny it was a great build.

Public forum or not, I have better manners than to talk shit about someone and how they spend their money and mod their car. You end up looking like the ass instead of pointing out something valid. He even admitted it, it seems to be more like a personal issue because he snobbed his ass in person and drove like an ass in front of him.Get over it.

Peace guys.
this

Appreciate 0
      03-14-2014, 02:09 AM   #380
dj_dub
IG: @dj_dub
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW E90 M3 - SG/FR 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbook View Post
It's funny that people are so sensitive to a little bit of someone messing with them. I agree that you build your car for you and no one else's opinion matters, but call it like it is.
He ain't messing with him though dude, it's obviously personal as he stated.

PS: How's that VS lip I was supposed to buy off of you? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by rAdzM View Post
this
Thank you dude.
CarboProject CF Plenum | Dinan CF Intake | ESS Tune | RKP X-Pipe | Akra w/CF Tips | MFactory CF DS | CSF Cooling | AST 5200 | Hotchkis F/R Sways | SPL/Ground Control/Fall-Line Arms | DEFIV Diff Brace | StudioRSR Rollcage | 3-piece BBS RT88 | Michelin PS4S | Brembos F/R | Recaro Profi SPG XL | CAE Ultra Shifter | Perf Elec Wheel V2 | BAVSOUND | GT4 CF Front Lip/Canards/Rear Wing | Arkym CF Rear Diffuser | Forcewerkz CF SS | Varis CF Lower Tray | Turner Skidplate | BayOptiks Headlights
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2014, 02:34 AM   #381
radiantm3
Apex Everything!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Honda S2000, 2017 GT350

Garage List
2011 E92 M3  [9.35]
2014 BMW i3  [10.00]
Quote:
Thank you. This is the bottom line point right here, it's not your car so why give 2 shits about it if you don't agree with how it was modified. Be the better person and don't say shit then. Whether he's being a poseur or not, who cares. You cannot deny it was a great build.

Public forum or not, I have better manners than to talk shit about someone and how they spend their money and mod their car. You end up looking like the ass instead of pointing out something valid. He even admitted it, it seems to be more like a personal issue because he snobbed his ass in person and drove like an ass in front of him. Get over it.

Peace guys.
It's not a personal issue at all. I was driving in my wife's (at the time) 335i with her and my son in it. He pulled up at a fairly normal pace and then gunned it as he passed me. He didn't try to start a race or do anything "dangerous" around me personally. I just thought it was completely unnecessary and a bit reckless when he passed a few cars down the road.

Anyways, I'm sorry for publicizing my personal opinion on this build. It's just sad to me that the car never saw any track time. That's not a mean thing to say right?

My pet project: https://stickershift.com
Appreciate 1
      03-14-2014, 02:47 AM   #382
Hershey
CLU KINGSMEN
Rep

Yes. Very disappointing the car with soooo many nice awesome high quality track mods/parts were not used to its full intended capability.

Looks like a winner for Mfest car shows for sure! 👍 nice car OP
      03-14-2014, 11:53 AM   #383
Jbook
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '15 FO M4

Garage List
2011 BMW E90 M3  [9.44]
Quote:
PS: How's that VS lip I was supposed to buy off of you? lol
Dude... my bad!!! I completely forgot about that until now. I was so busy with work and ended up doing some traveling. At this point, I'll probably just keep it for when I crack my current one haha. Maybe we can meet up for lunch or something?
Fire Orange F82 Built by Alekshop | Pure Stage 2 Turbos | Akrapovic Evolution and Downpipes | ESS T-500 Performance ECU Software | Evolution Racewerks Chargepipes | Gruppe M CAI | Awron Gauge w/ Valve Control | KW Clubsport | Brembo GT 380 F&R | 19" BBS FI-R | BMW Performance Seats, Aero, and Steering Wheel | Vorsteiner Diffuser | IND Cosmetics
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2014, 11:56 AM   #384
dj_dub
IG: @dj_dub
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW E90 M3 - SG/FR 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbook View Post
Dude... my bad!!! I completely forgot about that until now. I was so busy with work and ended up doing some traveling. At this point, I'll probably just keep it for when I crack my current one haha. Maybe we can meet up for lunch or something?
Haha It's all good. I ended up buying tbone28's old Arkym lip. Sounds good dude...would love to check out your ride in person. Hit me up man!
CarboProject CF Plenum | Dinan CF Intake | ESS Tune | RKP X-Pipe | Akra w/CF Tips | MFactory CF DS | CSF Cooling | AST 5200 | Hotchkis F/R Sways | SPL/Ground Control/Fall-Line Arms | DEFIV Diff Brace | StudioRSR Rollcage | 3-piece BBS RT88 | Michelin PS4S | Brembos F/R | Recaro Profi SPG XL | CAE Ultra Shifter | Perf Elec Wheel V2 | BAVSOUND | GT4 CF Front Lip/Canards/Rear Wing | Arkym CF Rear Diffuser | Forcewerkz CF SS | Varis CF Lower Tray | Turner Skidplate | BayOptiks Headlights
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2014, 12:02 PM   #385
M3ANMACHINE
Admiral
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 + 2014 F15 X5

This car is gorgeous. But would be even better if tracked

The interior... OMG
2011 SG E90 M3 | 2008 AW E90 M3 | 2004 E46 M3
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2014, 07:03 PM   #386
Hershey
CLU KINGSMEN
Rep

Quote:
You stated your opinion. I stated mine. What's the problem?

And what does law school have to do with this? If you'd like to throw out titles we certainly can

What's childish here is calling out the op. Call it a discussion or whatever you want but it doesn't come across that way. And it's not my car. I'm just a 3rd party.

NO problem here. I was just discussing the thread with everyone and rationalized with Radiant's response.

I am a 3rd party here as well.

Law school certainly has nothing to do with this...I was just simply pointing out that your response of "You stated your opinion.I stated mine" is simply referred to as "circular reasoning." No "throwing out titles" intended at all.

Quote:

Well said....but for someone with a join date of MAY 2012 with over 1700 posts and saying that to a member like me with a join date of AUG 2009 with less than 500 posts seems a tad bit contradictory.

Bottom line is the car is posted on the internet on a public thread for comments. You can't handle comments about your post or pictures that you share, don't post pictures on the forum or internet.

The sense of entitlement emanating from this thread for "positive only" type comments is disappointing.
      03-14-2014, 07:03 PM   #387
Hershey
CLU KINGSMEN
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3ANMACHINE View Post
This car is gorgeous. But would be even better if tracked

The interior... OMG
+100
      03-14-2014, 07:51 PM   #388
tbone28
vvvvvvvvvvvvvv
United_States
Rep

Contradictory? The key word in my statement is "sometimes". That applies to negative thoughts one may have and probably best to not verbalize if one doesn't want those words to end up in a situation like this. I did not say "always". I think everyone here is smart enough to know what that statement means. There's no need to dissect it.

If you feel I'm being contradictory, go find amongst my 1700 posts a similar example to what radiant did. The delivery of his message did not come off as "he's sorry the car wasn't tracked" as he stated in his apology. If he had said that initially, I would not have jumped on this. Rather, his initial response came off as sounding like an ass IMO. Re-read it. In this case, the delivery of his message resulted in a perception that didn't match his intent. And when he took the time to go back through time to dig out quotes to support his case, it only added to the perception. I'm just standing up for what I think is right. i.e no need to bash the OP

And if you feel it's disappointing that you can only post positive comments, well you can post whatever you want. Likewise, I didn't agree with your comments and posted as such

Edit: here u go. Original post

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiantm3 View Post
And never saw a single day at the track. Would have saved a bunch of money running the KW sleeve kit. It's crazy how much money people spend on "race parts" just to show it off and get "respect" on car forums. But whatever, I guess I'm just a hater.

Last edited by tbone28; 03-14-2014 at 08:12 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2014, 07:59 PM   #389
tbone28
vvvvvvvvvvvvvv
United_States
Rep

Regarding your thought that one can say rude things here just because this is a public forum on the internet, I don't think that justifies being rude. Analogize it to seeing an "ugly" car on the street or seeing someone wear "ugly" clothes on the street. Do you think it's nice to tell that person what's on your mind just because it's on a "public" street? No. It's just basic social etiquette whether here, on the street, or at home. I'll always stand up for what I feel is right. If you don't agree with that, so be it
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2014, 09:11 PM   #390
jacobe92
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Hell Rot F80 M3

Nice build

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3man
Some more
If she was mine. I would molest and do ungodly things to her at the track.
2016 Hellrot F80 M3|JRZ RS Pro with Swift Springs 550/750 spring rates l AP Radical 5000R 9668/9449 lSpiegler SS LinesI DS1.11I Eisenmann DP|MPE Catback|18" Forgeline GS1R 18x10 et 22 and 18x11 et 44 NT01 275/35/18 and 305/35/18| Forgeline GTD1 18x10et43 SquarelM Performance Lip/Splitter|IND aesthetic mods|Dinan Toe Link|Fall Line mono ball conversion kit and upper link kit| Aim Solo 2DL Smarty Cam|Simpson Hybrid|Stilo Offshore helmet.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2014, 11:32 PM   #391
M3man
Private
Rep
Drives: 12' e92 M3

Thanks for polluting my thread. I think I will just keep my next project to myself. Radiantm3 you just talk shit, its simple. Sorry that you saw a car build and it wasn't used the way you would have used it. Great part is you can build your own car and do what you wish. This build was much more than just a "track car". If it was just that it would be a GT4 modded. I have more than one car bud. I track other cars of mine that are real race cars. This car never made it and was sold for a reason. Sorry you didn't get to see it at your track I just think it is funny how you clowned from the beginning. It shows a lot about where you are at, I feel bad for you. Good luck on your track times, mad props bro! You are your car are awesome!!! True racers )))
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2014, 12:21 AM   #392
rAdzM
Smashed!
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [10.00]
2006 BMW M5  [9.00]
Quote:
Regarding your thought that one can say rude things here just because this is a public forum on the internet, I don't think that justifies being rude. Analogize it to seeing an "ugly" car on the street or seeing someone wear "ugly" clothes on the street. Do you think it's nice to tell that person what's on your mind just because it's on a "public" street? No. It's just basic social etiquette whether here, on the street, or at home. I'll always stand up for what I feel is right. If you don't agree with that, so be it
Well said T!

Appreciate 0
      03-15-2014, 01:17 AM   #393
radiantm3
Apex Everything!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Honda S2000, 2017 GT350

Garage List
2011 E92 M3  [9.35]
2014 BMW i3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3man View Post
Thanks for polluting my thread. I think I will just keep my next project to myself. Radiantm3 you just talk shit, its simple. Sorry that you saw a car build and it wasn't used the way you would have used it. Great part is you can build your own car and do what you wish. This build was much more than just a "track car". If it was just that it would be a GT4 modded. I have more than one car bud. I track other cars of mine that are real race cars. This car never made it and was sold for a reason. Sorry you didn't get to see it at your track I just think it is funny how you clowned from the beginning. It shows a lot about where you are at, I feel bad for you. Good luck on your track times, mad props bro! You are your car are awesome!!! True racers )))
You seriously have the wrong perception of me and are very sensitive on the internet. I didn't say anything really negative until I heard you were parting the car out already and I genuinely apologized for that. But if you want to continue being childish here, that's fine. I'll stay out of your thread now.

My pet project: https://stickershift.com
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2014, 10:49 PM   #394
M3man
Private
Rep
Drives: 12' e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiantm3 View Post
You seriously have the wrong perception of me and are very sensitive on the internet. I didn't say anything really negative until I heard you were parting the car out already and I genuinely apologized for that. But if you want to continue being childish here, that's fine. I'll stay out of your thread now.
Perfect. Thanks.
Appreciate 0