BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

Mporium BMW

12-24-2007, 05:28 PM   #1
rg87
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90

Exclamation FAKE bmw's (article)

found this interesting article on aol news. it's kinda disturbing in a way. check it out though.

http://autos.aol.com/article/general...23130309990001
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2007, 06:01 PM   #2
billspreston
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G87

Thanks for the link - very interesting read.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2007, 06:14 PM   #3
Dragonman4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 996tt

Garage List
2008 335xi  [0.00]
There's a lot of money in counterfeiting in China. If you goto Shanghai, one of the biggest market streets in China sells pretty much straight up counterfeit stuff.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2007, 06:23 PM   #4
JizJizJiz
Elitist prick
Rep
Drives: A few

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonman4 View Post
There's a lot of money in counterfeiting in China. If you goto Shanghai, one of the biggest market streets in China sells pretty much straight up counterfeit stuff.
Yeah there are several around . On that note, have you seen the "X5 copies" driving around? The rear is almost straight out of an E53, but the car's proportions are all wrong. It's way too long.
      12-24-2007, 06:31 PM   #5
Dragonman4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 335xi  [0.00]
I haven't been back to Shanghai since '02 and that was before they opened their markets. I've been thinking about going back since my parents recently bought a house for when they retire. Supposedly though counterfeit stuff is everywhere. My dad tells me pretty much 4/5 of anything in Shanghai are counterfeit lol. But then again it's dirt cheap. I remember when I went back in '02 it was 10 yuan per 1 US dollar and I could get a full lunch for about 3-4 yuan. Good times.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2007, 06:46 PM   #6
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a few BMWs

What a fucking joke, china's counterfeit market/world disgusts me. The last straw was drawn for me when I found out they were responsible for counterfeit medications....."medications" that consisted of dry wall and chalk dust instead of the life altering and ultra important ingredients of the real drugs. So I'd kill every single one of those counterfeiters in a firing squad if I could. From the fake car makers (which is really just a disgusting joke on china's part and makes them look like cheap idiots to the rest of world), to medications, to clothing and watches...........I'd exterminate them all.

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2007, 07:01 PM   #7
Dragonman4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 335xi  [0.00]
You realize counterfeiting exists in basically every aspect of the world's economy. By no means is china the first, nor will it be the last to counterfeit things. As long as there exist an object to measure monetary value, there will be people trying to make a quick buck by counterfeiting. You can't blame just the counterfeiters, you'd also have to blame the people that buy the knock-off merchandise. If people weren't cheap, there would be no cheap knock-offs in the first place. If you want to blame anyone, blame the human nature for competition as this is the basic driving force behind all capitalism.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2007, 07:06 PM   #8
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a few BMWs

Quote:
You realize counterfeiting exists in basically every aspect of the world's economy. By no means is china the first, nor will it be the last to counterfeit things. As long as there exist an object to measure monetary value, there will be people trying to make a quick buck by counterfeiting. You can't blame just the counterfeiters, you'd also have to blame the people that buy the knock-off merchandise. If people weren't cheap, there would be no cheap knock-offs in the first place. If you want to blame anyone, blame the human nature for competition as this is the basic driving force behind all capitalism.
Oh believe me I know this, and I dis like the purchasing of counterfeit items as well. However, China takes counterfeiting to the extreme and is by far the biggest leader in that market.

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2007, 07:11 PM   #9
Dragonman4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 335xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost_Nation View Post
Oh believe me I know this, and I dis like the purchasing of counterfeit items as well. However, China takes counterfeiting to the extreme and is by far the biggest leader in that market.
That I agree with you on. With China's population, the counterfeiting taking place is on epic proportions compared to what you would see in the rest of the world. Part of it though has to do with countries like the US outsourcing all their hard labor to China and India. I think counterfeiting wouldn't be nearly as bad if people didn't get paid 10 cents per hour for hard labor. Capitalism at its finest unfortunately. Some business just don't care how badly they treat their workers as long as they can make a few cents more profit per unit.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2007, 07:21 PM   #10
wj4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 manual 335i

I already got my Hartge replica wheels and ACS style roof spoiler for it.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2007, 01:43 AM   #11
JizJizJiz
Elitist prick
Rep

Quote:
I haven't been back to Shanghai since '02 and that was before they opened their markets. I've been thinking about going back since my parents recently bought a house for when they retire. Supposedly though counterfeit stuff is everywhere. My dad tells me pretty much 4/5 of anything in Shanghai are counterfeit lol. But then again it's dirt cheap. I remember when I went back in '02 it was 10 yuan per 1 US dollar and I could get a full lunch for about 3-4 yuan. Good times.
Nice . Yeah, counterfeit items are very prevalent in China. The government is "cracking down" on it...yeah, right .

You can still get a lunch for about 3 - 4 yuan if you eat from one of the street vendors. Even a full restaurant meal for a couple usually runs under $15. And that's with food you can take home.

However, import cars (not counterfeits) are f-ing expensive...about double what they are here in the States. I went to a couple of dealerships (BMW, MB, Porsche) in China...incredible prices due to taxes. And of course, there's not really a used market in China (due to the relatively recent transition to families owning personal automobiles).
      12-25-2007, 03:10 AM   #12
rg87
Lieutenant
Rep

counterfeit watches, clothes, and other items i can understand. but damn, cars??? it just really bugs the sh*t out of me that it's a bmw too. it's just a matter of time before those counterfeit bmw's make their way into the U.S. and ppl start driving them here.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2007, 03:18 AM   #13
wj4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 manual 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rg87 View Post
counterfeit watches, clothes, and other items i can understand. but damn, cars??? it just really bugs the sh*t out of me that it's a bmw too. it's just a matter of time before those counterfeit bmw's make their way into the U.S. and ppl start driving them here.
These cars will never make it to the U.S. because the people here are too materialistic to sport anything fake and the laws won't even allow it from the start. Look at the busts they do at the local fashion district in downtown and in Chinatown.

China is home of the fakes. I was laughing so hard when I first saw their counterfeit batteries.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2007, 03:18 AM   #14
Kiemyster
Bimmerpost Resident Marijuana Consultant
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 320i, 325xi, 335Xi, 335i, M3

Garage List
i dont know if this is a repost... but i can almost swear ive seen this on E90post before.
      12-25-2007, 04:16 AM   #15
rg87
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiemyster View Post
i dont know if this is a repost... but i can almost swear ive seen this on E90post before.
apparently someone posted it on the e46fanatics forum. i never noticed it, but i haven't seen it on here yet.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2007, 04:19 AM   #16
rg87
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post
These cars will never make it to the U.S. because the people here are too materialistic to sport anything fake and the laws won't even allow it from the start. Look at the busts they do at the local fashion district in downtown and in Chinatown.

China is home of the fakes. I was laughing so hard when I first saw their counterfeit batteries.
counterfeit batteries????? wtf?!?!
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2007, 11:15 AM   #17
GregL
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 CLA45 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost_Nation View Post
What a fucking joke, china's counterfeit market/world disgusts me. The last straw was drawn for me when I found out they were responsible for counterfeit medications....."medications" that consisted of dry wall and chalk dust instead of the life altering and ultra important ingredients of the real drugs. So I'd kill every single one of those counterfeiters in a firing squad if I could. From the fake car makers (which is really just a disgusting joke on china's part and makes them look like cheap idiots to the rest of world), to medications, to clothing and watches...........I'd exterminate them all.
Provided these guys get caught, China seems to have more... *ahem* humane alternatives available: http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=115788
2006 BMW 330xi - Gone
2001 Infiniti QX4 - Gone
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2007, 04:00 AM   #18
JizJizJiz
Elitist prick
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post

[IMG]http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1216/1436274468_1b2417b388_m.jpg[IMG]
Haha, yeah definitely. You'd never be able to register those vehicles here anyway.
      12-26-2007, 03:50 PM   #19
06E90Rostik
2006 join date crew
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i, 2011 335i

Garage List
2011 335i  [10.00]
2006 325i  [0.00]
WTF?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-28-2007, 02:49 PM   #20
chinaman
Mr Hu
China
Rep
Drives: 325i

Quote:
hello,am live in Shanghai,PR China.
      01-01-2008, 08:33 PM   #21
JizJizJiz
Elitist prick
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaman View Post
hello,am live in Shanghai,PR China.
Where?