BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

03-14-2008, 07:52 PM   #23
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma View Post
A 4s lap gap isn't close, its a ass whooping.
Absolutely, I was really talking about the straight line numbers. That whooping was clear and goes without saying I guess. It was worth it for you to add to my post for sure.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2008, 10:47 PM   #24
e36jakeo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 6 Speed MT!

What is interesting is that with a E36 M3 sedan (with cams, 280 hP) I ran that sam configuration at Reno-Fernley in 2:26.9. Their 414 hp M3 ran it in 2:34.2. I did have Toyo RA1 tires (worth about 4 seconds per lap) and a street/track suspension, but geez. Makes me wonder how bad the test driver was in this comparo.
      03-15-2008, 12:46 AM   #25
enigma
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 and Elise

Quote:
Originally Posted by e36jakeo View Post
What is interesting is that with a E36 M3 sedan (with cams, 280 hP) I ran that sam configuration at Reno-Fernley in 2:26.9. Their 414 hp M3 ran it in 2:34.2. I did have Toyo RA1 tires (worth about 4 seconds per lap) and a street/track suspension, but geez. Makes me wonder how bad the test driver was in this comparo.
Usually they are pretty bad. One of the reasons I will often write off these reviews is usually its the easiest to drive car that wins, not the fastest. However, the rankings are in line with those of other reviews so thats something...

Last time I was at reno I ran H (after it stopped snowing). And the full config the 2nd day. I do wish they would fix the big ass bumps on the back straight.
      03-15-2008, 01:27 AM   #26
e36jakeo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 6 Speed MT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma View Post
Usually they are pretty bad. One of the reasons I will often write off these reviews is usually its the easiest to drive car that wins, not the fastest. However, the rankings are in line with those of other reviews so thats something...

Last time I was at reno I ran H (after it stopped snowing). And the full config the 2nd day. I do wish they would fix the big ass bumps on the back straight.
I did the full track at Reno that one time and it was not very impressive (track design, bumpiness, flow). Not worth the drive out there. I got down to 2:01.3 at Thunderhill (running the bypass) and 1:50.3 at Infinion with the M3 and Hankook C51s, full track suspension. I know you run the Elise. You ever do time trial with NASA? It is good fun!