BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)

07-16-2015, 04:54 PM   #45
Longboarder
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW i8

Garage List
Have to hit 8K RPM on each drive. If the drive is too short for that I take another car.
a couple others
IG: longboarder949; YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT1...eoFBszPIK0gf9w
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2015, 08:32 PM   #46
Merlin_83
Merlin
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW M3 6MT w/ZCP

Garage List
2012 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2008 BMW 335xi  [0.00]
What is spooky about this is that probably 70% of things mentioned I do as well - the whole seat alignment, garage door thing, 8K tach - wow !

I do these the few times I get to drive

Cheers,
Merlin

2012 E92 M3 ZCP | 2008 E90 335xi | 2008 E90 335i |
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2015, 08:46 PM   #47
Saandiaago
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 E92 M3 ZCP DCT

I only wear silk pants when I slide into my car so as not to scuff the leather on the side seat bolsters. That would be some serious mental pathology there. I kid.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2015, 08:51 PM   #48
ASBSECU E93
Know's a guy that know's a guy...
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d; 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin_83 View Post
I have not driven my M3 on the highway since I bought her:

Yep, is true - I bought my 2012 ZHP M3 in late October 2013 it had about 9,000 miles on her (car was too much car for previous owner) it was a bit of unicorn, had low mileage and delivered new June 2012. The car was a big deal for me to get, wanted one forever. I drove it home from dealer on the freeway, and it was so awesome - then got it home and I have not driven on freeway since then. I still have not located a place to get a good clear film applied. I have forgotten what it is like to drive really fast or overtake other cars - please tell me what's it like to drive on them freeways ?

Since I got the car I have put about 11,000 miles on it. I have always been an engineer in hardware one way or another and my last job place was 45 min. away and I could always take side streets to get there.

And now the annoying part, I have totally stopped driving her since February 2 of this year. I took a new job for a really great company based in Bay Area but have satellite office in Portland, and they went out of there way to seek an old, creepy, broken down industrial area for the satellite office - imagine setting up cubes in a deserted warehouse. It's not quite that bad, way too hipster for me for sure. Roads are super bad, I mean you would bend a rim easily, since most of the roads are old cobblestone or poorly maintained with giant potholes you'd fall into. Parking is a joke too - I spent almost 2 months walking around to possible paid parking areas that might be safe or even parking on the other side of the river....I mean I really tried to find somewhere I could park and somehow avoid bad roads.

So - the only way I can drive her is to get up really early (which I do) and then drive to a Starbucks about 30 minutes away. But since February 2 I have only filled the tank (3) times, so I don't drive her a lot.

Cheers,
I have the whole front in a clear bra....rocker panels and rear quarters too...

I see the car is white - perfect color for the clear wrap too. Stop being a cheap a$$ and get it done, enjoy your car...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
Poop shit, shit and poop. I'm mildly angry now.
Appreciate 1
Merlin_83473.50
      07-16-2015, 08:52 PM   #49
ASBSECU E93
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raek View Post
A dryer will help tremendously with that.

Or a Sthil backpack Leafblower
Quote:
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2015, 08:58 PM   #50
ASBSECU E93
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by |||||||||| View Post
but Ill play. Here is a few:

1. I never move my car or give it any gas until the cold start kicks off on a first start after a few hours of sitting.

2. I never take it passed 3500 rpms until the variable tach is all the way up, and the temp is somewhere near where it normally sits.

3. Temperature has to be the same on both sides, windows have to be all the way up or all the way down when I am driving around, seats have to be in the exact same position at all times, vents all have to be perfectly aimed to their respective seating positions (same in the back), etc.

4. I park my car in the garage EVERY NIGHT, and it's a huge hassle. I won't leave it outside. Parking involves backing in at an angle, cutting the wheel hard inside the garage, pulling forward and backing up a couple times to line up perfectly, then SLOWLY backing up over a wheel guide which tells me when to stop, at which point there is about an inch between the wall and back bumper, and an inch between the front bumper and garage door. I do this everyday when I am done driving the car (on the days I am forced to drive it). Then I have to get out, make sure I am parked in the right position for the door to close. If not, I have to adjust it (this happens once every week or so).

5. I won't drive the car in the rain if I can avoid it, especially after a wash. I typically look for any excuse to avoid driving the car. This will be much easier when I get my third car to commute with in a couple months. Then it will truly be my garage queen.

6. No one drives my car but me, and though I sometimes can't help it, and have broken this rule far too often which has put wrinkles in them, NO ONE rides in the back seat. Not even my 15 month old son. Hell, I rarely let anyone in the passenger seat

7. Wallet comes out of my pocket when I get in the car, and goes in the center console. This is to protect the seats from damage, and because I have to go through a gate where I show my ID every morning, and it's a PITA, not to mention puts unnecessary stress on the leather if I have to bend to get my wallet out of my back pocket while driving.

8. Car gets a full wash/light detail every weekend (if I have to skip a weekend, which is rare, it almost NEVER goes more than two weeks). This takes about 2 hours to do, and includes everything from a full hand wash/drying with a waffle towel, to cleaning the wheels/putting on tire dressing, vacuuming the interior, using interior cleaner/dressing on the interior vinyl/plastic, and cleaning under the hood. Every 2nd or 3rd wash I clean/condition the leather with Meguiar's. When I start driving the car less, it will remain covered in the garage with a car cover, and will need to be washed less (probably once a month). For now, I just can't stand a dirty car.

9. I park as far away from people as I can. Parking in a busy lot is a chore for me, because I won't park near anyone. I systematically choose my spot, and how/where I park is dependent on the situation. It's never the same.

10. I won't leave a foreign item in my car once I park it (especially if I am putting it away overnight). No change in the ashtray, nothing in the trunk, etc. The only things I have in the car unless I am driving it, are my owners manual, my registration/insurance card, my ipod (which stays plugged in), and that's it.

11. No food or drink in my car, whatsoever. Bottled water with a cap only. Occasionally I will have a Starbucks in my car, but it gets a napkin wrapped around it before it goes in the cup holder so it's not getting condensation everywhere.

That's it from me. Call me crazy, and you say "it's just a car", but these are some OCD habits I've picked up since I took ownership in November.
...All of this, and more...

12. No one....NO ONE but me drives the car

13. When going out for the day or evening - the wife gets in the car AFTER its out of the garage.

14. When arriving at said destination - I let the wife out of the car and then find Egypt to park...

15. Any item that is tracked into the car after a drive is IMMEDIATELY removed from the floorboards...

....the list continues...
Quote:
Appreciate 1
      07-17-2015, 01:21 PM   #51
DSilk
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3 Coupe

Garage List
2015 Jaguar XJ  [0.00]
2015 Jaguar XF  [0.00]
2014 VW GTI  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3 Coupe  [0.00]
2007 VW Passat 2.0T  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASBSECU E93 View Post
...All of this, and more...

12. No one....NO ONE but me drives the car

13. When going out for the day or evening - the wife gets in the car AFTER its out of the garage.

14. When arriving at said destination - I let the wife out of the car and then find Egypt to park...

15. Any item that is tracked into the car after a drive is IMMEDIATELY removed from the floorboards...

....the list continues...
I'm with you on 12, 13, and 14. Have you noticed that no matter how far away from other cars you park, when you come out there is always somebody parked right next to you, even when both cars are surrounded by empty spaces?
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2015, 11:01 AM   #52
KingFishy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 COUPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatWhite
I open and close the door with microfiber towel, and will open and close door for passenger so there won't be any finger prints left behind.
No eating, no drinking, no smoking.... No problem.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2015, 11:14 AM   #53
Zarilia
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 ZCP DCT Silverston

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSilk View Post
I'm with you on 12, 13, and 14. Have you noticed that no matter how far away from other cars you park, when you come out there is always somebody parked right next to you, even when both cars are surrounded by empty spaces?
Nothing annoys me more..
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2015, 11:19 AM   #54
Vanmarsenille
In On The Kill Taker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 MB GLS550; 2016 RR HSE

Where to start…..where to start? I have had the car for nearly 2.5 years and only driven 6,000 miles in that time, so a little under 3,000 miles per year. I look at the weather forecast daily to plan when I am going to do certain things, to make sure I never have to drive the car in the rain, or even on wet roads. Similarly, I plot routes to my destinations around town based on not the quickest or easiest route, but the one with the smoothest roads, even of this is going to make me late. I have plenty more.
Appreciate 1
Merlin_83473.50
      07-20-2015, 08:01 AM   #55
Helmsman
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW E90 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarilia View Post
Nothing annoys me more..
Since I got a garage back home as well as by the office I've come to a point where I try to avoid parking the car outside, and when I have to I refuse to park side by side to avoid dings.
People around me think I'm from another planet, big relieve with these OCD threads...
(correct, they don't drive M3's..).

Last edited by Helmsman; 07-20-2015 at 08:10 AM..
Appreciate 0