BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

10-18-2009, 11:36 PM   #1
ocgasman
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 M3

2010 E90 SG/FR/DCT on it's way

hey everyone,

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who posts on this forum. i'm a longtime lurker, but have researched the M3 for months before ordering a 2010. This forum has been invaluable in negotiating a fair price. Just wanted to post what I got to help anybody out. Anyway, I started looking about 2 months ago for a 2009, but sedans are difficult to find esp if you're particular about colors and options. I almost pulled the trigger on a SG over Black with alum trim, but really wanted FR with carbon leather (the 0.9 was soooo tempting). I finally decided to screw the financing and just order a 2010 the way I wanted.

Let me back up just a bit and say I was leaning heavily towards an 2010 audi S4 if it came remotely close in driving performance (it would have saved 10K) and test drove both back to back with my wife. We drove the S4 first and were really impressed. Then drove the M3 and well...like my wife said in front of the CA "Honey, you have to get this car, it's way better than the Audi!!!" Note to everyone, remind wife not to be so enthusiastic in front of CA. Anyway, that was at Crevier (socal) and they wouldn't budge below 2500 over invoice. Now, I knew people were getting better deals, and mentioned this, but no movement. I went to Irvine, and cut a deal over the internet for $750 over invoice + M3 floormats.

So that's the deal I got, not the best I've read, but not the worst and in the end I'm happy with the deal, esp since I live in Irvine. If anyone wants the name of my CA, feel free to PM me.

Sorry about the long post, got carried away. I can't wait for the car to arrive!!!

P.S. Was at the OC auto show today and I swear there must have been 20 people constantly around the M3, snapping pics. Why do people feel the need to take pics of themselves in front of display vehicles?
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2009, 11:50 PM   #2
SpencerM3
Sauce
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 SSII E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocgasman View Post
P.S. Was at the OC auto show today and I swear there must have been 20 people constantly around the M3, snapping pics. Why do people feel the need to take pics of themselves in front of display vehicles?
Congrats man! Great color combo, the wait sucks, but it's fun tracking the car.

About this ^^^, I totally agree with you! The worst is at the LA auto show, you get all these sleeze ball douche bags dressed up in their finest Ed Hardy trash while taking fly pics of them in front of Benzos and Lambos. Such dick heads. Makes me not enjoy the auto show.
2009 E90 M3 | Silverstone II | Black Novillo | HRE P40's | Akrapovic Exhaust | Eibach Pro Kit | Jet Black Kidney Grilles | SSII Side Reflectors | SSII Side Gills | LUX H8 Angel Eyes | Macht Schnell Filter | Tecnocraft Envy Charge Pipe

"M3 drivers have no friends." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2009, 02:14 AM   #3
NoM3ForMe
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 Legacy, '07 Kia Sorrento

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerM3 View Post
About this ^^^, I totally agree with you! The worst is at the LA auto show, you get all these sleeze ball douche bags dressed up in their finest Ed Hardy trash while taking fly pics of them in front of Benzos and Lambos. Such dick heads.
I hope you are referring to people who pose in front of supercars and not the M3...

There are some of us out here that, despite our best daily efforts, planning and dreaming big, still cannot afford the car that we (I) dream about daily.
      10-19-2009, 09:34 AM   #4
mphatic
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 M3 SG & FR

Congrats!

I have an 09 with same color combo and DCT and am waiting to take redelivery after ED. Obviously, I love your choice and empathize on the wait....it's brutal but entirely worth it! Every day you get in and out of that car it's going to put a giant smile on your face, oh and your wife sounds very cool

Last edited by mphatic; 10-19-2009 at 09:35 AM.. Reason: correction
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2009, 09:35 AM   #5
MJC///M3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3

congrats.
"You will get there, but it is up to you and you alone. It is what you are willing to do, and how you are willing to get there. You must be relentless, you must be tireless, you must pursue at all costs, so that you are ready, when the time is right." -Dad
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2009, 10:43 AM   #6
thetoecutter
Rep

congrats and welcome to the waiting room. nice color choice.
      10-19-2009, 12:07 PM   #7
SpencerM3
Sauce
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 SSII E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoM3ForMe View Post
I hope you are referring to people who pose in front of supercars and not the M3...

There are some of us out here that, despite our best daily efforts, planning and dreaming big, still cannot afford the car that we (I) dream about daily.
I wasn’t really referring to any particular car. Yeah, the douche bags that I was referring to likely aren’t posing in front of accords or civics, but yeah, the one’s in front of certain MBZ’s, BMW’s, and of course your Ferrari’s and Lambos. And trust me, it’s not everyone I am talking about. I mean I can’t afford a Lambo or Ferrari and I will gladly take a pic of one, but it’s the people that dress up and strut around the show like they are a million bucks, but are actually just cheap skuzzy people. Trust you me, this is 75% of the L.A. Auto show attendees.

Sorry for the thread hijack.
2009 E90 M3 | Silverstone II | Black Novillo | HRE P40's | Akrapovic Exhaust | Eibach Pro Kit | Jet Black Kidney Grilles | SSII Side Reflectors | SSII Side Gills | LUX H8 Angel Eyes | Macht Schnell Filter | Tecnocraft Envy Charge Pipe

"M3 drivers have no friends." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2009, 03:43 PM   #8
ocgasman
Private
Rep

Wow, I didn't mean anything with my comments about the auto show. I just thought it was odd that people would strike a pose in front of cars, esp if the car was roped off and a hundred other people around the display.
Appreciate 0