BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Canada

05-17-2012, 09:25 PM   #1
MaxL
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, Cayenne T, 991 GT3

Time to move...

I was ranting for a while about downtown Toronto getting worse for driving every year for the last few years, but now I've had it... I just installed challenge carbon fiber lip (the one Shizzle had), which is just awesome in so many ways, only two realize that I cannot clear two speedbups and one pothole on my street without careful maneuvers. Who the hell builds a speedbump that has the shape and size of a curb? Or why patches of temporary pavement from gas line repair are still there two years later, with some of them having turned into a 30+ cm deep sinkholes.

Sorry for a rather pointless post, but it is frustrating that it's just impossible to own a sporty car in some areas of Toronto. Time to look at houses in suburbs, I guess...

Oh, and the lip is for sale now - you can find it in Canadian Classifieds.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2012, 10:16 AM   #2
apecush
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

Welcome to roads in areas that see freezing temperatures.

We can figure out how to make a car that parks itself, but we've yet to solve the problem of making pavement last more than one winter.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2012, 10:34 AM   #3
Gkap
BMF Movement
Canada
Rep
Drives: Women Crazy

are you even dropped?

I know alot of guys who are slammed with Challenge lip, you pay the price when your low with a front lip.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2012, 10:47 AM   #4
KJ
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 - Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxL View Post
I was ranting for a while about downtown Toronto getting worse for driving every year for the last few years, but now I've had it... I just installed challenge carbon fiber lip (the one Shizzle had), which is just awesome in so many ways, only two realize that I cannot clear two speedbups and one pothole on my street without careful maneuvers. Who the hell builds a speedbump that has the shape and size of a curb? Or why patches of temporary pavement from gas line repair are still there two years later, with some of them having turned into a 30+ cm deep sinkholes.

Sorry for a rather pointless post, but it is frustrating that it's just impossible to own a sporty car in some areas of Toronto. Time to look at houses in suburbs, I guess...

The suburbs are awesome. I love living in Markham.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2012, 10:51 AM   #5
Giccy
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: like he has much to learn

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ
Quote:

The suburbs are awesome. I love living in Markham.
I miss living in Markham.

Though the way they're tearing up HWY 7 and the game of monopoly they're playing on 16th, time to move to stouffvile.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2012, 11:00 AM   #6
KJ
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 - Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giccy Gic View Post
I miss living in Markham.

Though the way they're tearing up HWY 7 and the game of monopoly they're playing on 16th, time to move to stouffvile.
After they are done tearing up Highway 7, things should be a lot better congestion wise.

I try to take other streets to avoid traffic which works pretty well for me.

At least you can always take the 407 if you're in a rush!

- KJ
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2012, 11:29 AM   #7
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: warp speed

I love to do country drive on Sundays ... few/no potholes !
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2012, 12:47 PM   #8
sawzall
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: A Car

Garage List
2012 911S  [10.00]
2011 911 GT3 RS  [0.00]
NOOOOOOO!!!! I was looking forward to seeing your car with the lip and the Alcons. Easily would've been the meanest looking car at the track! I suggest you move immediately, it's the practical solution to your problem.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2012, 04:00 PM   #9
MaxL
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, Cayenne T, 991 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shizzle View Post
NOOOOOOO!!!! I was looking forward to seeing your car with the lip and the Alcons. Easily would've been the meanest looking car at the track! I suggest you move immediately, it's the practical solution to your problem.
Actually you are right about practicality - I need a bigger garage as well. So if move south of the border (for work) does not happen, I will be looking at houses in GTA.

But I literally have a 15cm tall speed bump with almost square profile, so no chance to clear it straight. I will try raising the car a bit, but not much hope.

Alcons are great, BTW
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2012, 04:11 PM   #10
sawzall
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: A Car

Garage List
2012 911S  [10.00]
2011 911 GT3 RS  [0.00]
Quote:

Alcons are great, BTW
I'm glad you're liking the Alcons. Now you've got to get into the .37s at the very least at Mosport!
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2012, 10:11 AM   #11
ching
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90 m3

Whereabouts in Toronto (roughly) are you? I think there are many parts of Toronto without large speedbumps (but garages that can fit cars in are another matter...)
      05-29-2012, 06:00 PM   #12
mshahidz
Major
Rep
Drives: M4, 991 GT3

with all due seriousness though, it just takes some getting used to, however being in downtown definitely exacerbates the issues of a front lip/being low.
      05-29-2012, 11:46 PM   #13
767IJP
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3

OP. I hear ya.

That said I hear Rob Ford is on a diet.

:s