BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

10-31-2011, 04:25 PM   #23
MadDog
Careful, I Bite.....
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [7.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroy View Post
+1

they need to catch both front/rear license plate if it's a cam ticket. at least that's how red light tickets work in CA.

Nope. They match up the person driving with the registered owner's driver's license picture. If they match, they send you a ticket. Don't need to see both plates.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2011, 04:32 PM   #24
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDog View Post
Nope. They match up the person driving with the registered owner's driver's license picture. If they match, they send you a ticket. Don't need to see both plates.
I've gotten camera tickets from my roommate borrowing my car. Not looking too similar, but they sent the tickets anyway (this was AZ). I explained it wasn't me and showed them my flight info since I was out of town when my roommate got the tickets. They dropped them.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2011, 04:40 PM   #25
MadDog
Careful, I Bite.....
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [7.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTM View Post
I've gotten camera tickets from my roommate borrowing my car. Not looking too similar, but they sent the tickets anyway (this was AZ). I explained it wasn't me and showed them my flight info since I was out of town when my roommate got the tickets. They dropped them.
They did that in hopes that you pay the fine. CA adds a point onto your license, so fighting the ticket in CA is your best option, especially if you weren't driving the car.

Some good info for CA drivers: HighwayRobbery.net
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2011, 04:40 PM   #26
Spoolin335
Justin Herass
Canada
Rep
Drives: X6M / M3

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2012 Audi TTRS  [10.00]
2012 BMW X6M  [9.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin@MMW View Post
Maybe, But they couldnt prove it is me in doing so, just my car. So it would be much easier to fight, and win.
How it works here in Canada with photo radar is, you get a ticket, but there is no demerits because its only a picture from the rear and they cannot prove who is driving. All they can prove is that registered vehicle was driven above the speed limit so they ticket the owner of the vehicle.

Appreciate 0
      10-31-2011, 07:16 PM   #27
AllydNYC
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 91' E30 318is

Garage List
1991 BMW 318is  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTM View Post
AZ speed cameras just took a pic of your face and rear plate - AZ has no front plate requirement, so it's possible to do without getting a front and rear plate.
Or do what Clarkson has done

Better yet get the navigation disk with speed/red light cams on it.

I don't even speed on those roads with all the accidents I have seen across intersections and such.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2011, 07:30 PM   #28
SchlauCow
Rep
Drives: Honda M6

Yikes, yet another method for the state to extort its citizen's money under false pretenses.

Here's the nice thing about this device: "...and can easily be synced with other databases via WiFi, 3G or WiMAX." -> wardriving, anyone?
      10-31-2011, 08:27 PM   #29
Daniel135i
Banned
Italy
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i 6M, AW, CR, MSPORT

Garage List
2011 135i  [10.00]
2005 SRT-4  [7.00]
I have always had the idea that if the Gov wanted to be safer, they would institute a set of sensors linked via GPS to cars to controll a vehicles speeds to the maximum for certain areas. This how it would work...

Say a certain stretch of HW is a 55 zone. Transmitters placed along said highway (on ground or towers following the wire grid) would send a signal to the car which has a GOV mandated processor installed to regulate maximum speed on said HW to 55 mph. And the same chip installed that regulates speed on the HW is also GPS enabled to be able to discern weather or not the car is on the HW, or off the road thus letting the speed be unregulated when off the HW and on private land. But as long as the car is operated in the onfines of public roadways, bam, instant speed limiting thus resulting in no speeding problems.

Problems .....

- No revenue generated for speeding violations unless people tamper with or disable the GPS chips.
- People outraged at big brothers influence on private property (although its a privelage to drive, not a right mind you, and you dont have to drive on public roadways if you dont like the rules
- Not cost effective to implement GPS sensors/transmitters etc etc.
- Cost of implementing program, without a monetary payout - rerfer to first problem

If the GOV really wanted to be safe, there are methods. The just arent smart for business. Shit, I have had this idea for over 10 years since GPS became main stream... imagine what else people have thought up.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2011, 09:00 PM   #30
donovan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: R8 - Ford Raptor

sounds like some people with money are working the system

just like the same people selling the guns to the people who buy them to kill their own people with...

Audi R8 v10
Ford Raptor
m3e46freak@yahoo.comfor all euro parts!!
ebay/craigslist verified/ m3post/e46fanantics/m3forum/zpost/bimmerforum
Appreciate 0