BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

11-12-2008, 03:24 PM   #1
991brothers
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: GT3 RS

Help me out M3 owners

My friend wants the S5 just because of the led lights in the front!!!

I told him, its a great body and a beautiful car, but its not up to the m3 standard.

If it was, audi would charge a leg and arm. the e92 is around the same price and you get more bang for your buck.

i need comments about why the e92 m3 is better! im gonna show this to him after i get some comments so help me out!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2008, 03:47 PM   #2
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: ....

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.00]
2007 335i  [9.00]
2008 528i  [8.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [8.00]
S5 is awesome car. he should definitely get it
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2008, 04:23 PM   #3
Perpetrator
Lieutenant
South Korea
Rep
Drives: E90 330i

If he hasn't dreamt about one, wished for one, prayed for one, or even sinned for one....then he shouldn't get an M3.

Other than that, the S5 is a beautiful car. He really isn't make the "wrong" decision. To each their own.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2008, 05:11 PM   #4
Congoman775
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: hot wheels

tell him to wait for the RS5.

Its the beauty of the S5 with better performance than an M3
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2008, 05:42 PM   #5
endofanera7
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 08 JB E92 M3

Garage List
Because Im sure every M3 owners here have tons of things to say about how great the M is. But we dont buy car because its headlight looks nice.

If your friend choose a car because of its headlight, he should def. get the Audi S5 because in no circumstances that he is deserved to be an M3 owner!

Im not being bias or anything because I own an M3. I love my car and I think it is a beautiful car and most of all, the main purpose for purchasing it, is for its excellency in performance!
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2008, 06:08 PM   #6
watrob
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: MY2022 X5 M-Sport 45e White

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by endofanera7 View Post

If your friend choose a car because of its headlight, he should def. get the Audi S5 because in no circumstances that he is deserved to be an M3 owner!

MY22 X5 M-Sport 45e White, 22"rims, Red Calipers, Ceramic Pads. Better off saying what it does not have and that's a B&O Audio System, otherwise all option boxes are ticked.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2008, 06:11 PM   #7
TTG
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340

Garage List
Have him get a A4 and save some money..... (it has the same lights....heck almost identical front end)

M3 drives better than S5, faster than S5 and yes, S5 looks better than M3. IMO that is the only thing that S5 has going for itself.

Have him drive both cars and make his decision...... But if he is going for looks S5 is definitely much better looking car.... But overall M3 is a better car....

Oh yes, and there is the whole RS5 myth..... Audi is just playing catch up....again!

It is kinda like going out with a good looking blonde..... You are going out with her not for the brains but for the looks = S5!
2007 E92 335i -Space Gray.....ED Oct 19th, 2006 - Retired
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2008, 06:20 PM   #8
MJC///M3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTG View Post
Have him get a A4 and save some money..... (it has the same lights....heck almost identical front end)

M3 drives better than S5, faster than S5 and yes, S5 looks better than M3. IMO that is the only thing that S5 has going for itself.

Have him drive both cars and make his decision...... But if he is going for looks S5 is definitely much better looking car.... But overall M3 is a better car....

Oh yes, and there is the whole RS5 myth..... Audi is just playing catch up....again!

It is kinda like going out with a good looking blonde..... You are going out with her not for the brains but for the looks = S5!
agree with you on the RS5 there....was the same BS with the RS4 and E46 M3...M3 sets the bar...then Audi tries to catch up....its getting old. RS5 will be a great car, no denying that....but once again...a new RS will be pitted against an old M...same as it is now with the RS6 and E60 M5.

Back to topic....headlights being the foundation for one's decision seems a bit crazy to me especially when dishing out 50K+ for a car. But to each his own. M3 is better. Period.
"You will get there, but it is up to you and you alone. It is what you are willing to do, and how you are willing to get there. You must be relentless, you must be tireless, you must pursue at all costs, so that you are ready, when the time is right." -Dad
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2008, 06:26 PM   #9
Congoman775
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJC///M3 View Post
agree with you on the RS5 there....was the same BS with the RS4 and E46 M3...M3 sets the bar...then Audi tries to catch up....its getting old. RS5 will be a great car, no denying that....but once again...a new RS will be pitted against an old M...same as it is now with the RS6 and E60 M5.

Back to topic....headlights being the foundation for one's decision seems a bit crazy to me especially when dishing out 50K+ for a car. But to each his own. M3 is better. Period.
yes the M3 came out first.... Which to me, just makes me feel bad for the guys who spent the money on an M3 and have to look at the sweet new RS5's rolling around.

Im not ripping on the M3, AMAZING car, unmatched (for now) performance. Im just pointing out that you saying that somehow it matters which company marketed their product first sounds stupid and quite frankly it shows how completely desperate people are to find ANY reason whatsoever to rip on the Car.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2008, 06:30 PM   #10
track junkie
Rep
Drives: Fast...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perpetrator View Post
If he hasn't dreamt about one, wished for one, prayed for one, or even sinned for one....then he shouldn't get an M3.

Other than that, the S5 is a beautiful car. He really isn't make the "wrong" decision. To each their own.
well said...
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2008, 06:37 PM   #11
track junkie
Rep

Sorry guys, please help me out, I'm a rookie to this forum... how do you multi quote from two different posts? and i only want to post sections of the posts.
I'm trying to post...
Thanks.....
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2008, 06:39 PM   #12
Congoman775
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32 View Post
Sorry guys, please help me out, I'm a rookie to this forum... how do you multi quote from two different posts?
I'm trying to post...
just quote from one, and copy/paste into another one
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2008, 06:47 PM   #13
MJC///M3
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Congoman775 View Post
yes the M3 came out first.... Which to me, just makes me feel bad for the guys who spent the money on an M3 and have to look at the sweet new RS5's rolling around.

Im not ripping on the M3, AMAZING car, unmatched (for now) performance. Im just pointing out that you saying that somehow it matters which company marketed their product first sounds stupid and quite frankly it shows how completely desperate people are to find ANY reason whatsoever to rip on the Car.
As will the RS5 be an AMAZING car...dude..I am not trying to knock it at all. I am sorry if my post insinuated that. I wish I had the money to buy my M3 and get the RS5 when it comes out too. Believe me. I just think it would be neat to see BMW and Audi develop an M3 and RS5 type car in a similar time period to see which one is the better performer.
"You will get there, but it is up to you and you alone. It is what you are willing to do, and how you are willing to get there. You must be relentless, you must be tireless, you must pursue at all costs, so that you are ready, when the time is right." -Dad
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2008, 06:52 PM   #14
track junkie
Rep

"yes the M3 came out first.... Which to me, just makes me feel bad for the guys who spent the money on an M3 and have to look at the sweet new RS5's rolling around."

"agree with you on the RS5 there....was the same BS with the RS4 and E46 M3...M3 sets the bar...then Audi tries to catch up....its getting old. RS5 will be a great car, no denying that....but once again...a new RS will be pitted against an old M...same as it is now with the RS6 and E60 M5."

I respectfully disagree. When the Rs4 came out and every person was comparing it to the E46 M3 they forgot that it also cost $17000 more which is about 30% that of the E46 M3. for that money you can do FI on the M3 and still have money left over.
So, yeah it should be faster for the extra cash.
Now if the Rs5 will come out with the same format then i'm still happy I got the M3.
just my 2 cents
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2008, 06:53 PM   #15
track junkie
Rep

i was trying to quote you guys there with little success.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2008, 06:54 PM   #16
Congoman775
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJC///M3 View Post
As will the RS5 be an AMAZING car...dude..I am not trying to knock it at all. I am sorry if my post insinuated that. I wish I had the money to buy my M3 and get the RS5 when it comes out too. Believe me. I just think it would be neat to see BMW and Audi develop an M3 and RS5 type car in a similar time period to see which one is the better performer.
yea sorry i guess i read too much into it. And i Agree with you, but at the same time i doubt that is going to happen.. BMW and Audi both like to be on top. BMW is more commonly known as being the performance brand but concider this.

All under one roof. Porsche/VW/Audi/Lambo.

Im thinking the new Audi's are going to be the worlds best.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2008, 06:56 PM   #17
MJC///M3
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
yea sorry i guess i read too much into it. And i Agree with you, but at the same time i doubt that is going to happen.. BMW and Audi both like to be on top. BMW is more commonly known as being the performance brand but concider this.

All under one roof. Porsche/VW/Audi/Lambo.

Im thinking the new Audi's are going to be the worlds best.
its all good man. It will be interesting to see what the future holds for these cars!!
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2008, 06:58 PM   #18
Congoman775
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
"yes the M3 came out first.... Which to me, just makes me feel bad for the guys who spent the money on an M3 and have to look at the sweet new RS5's rolling around."

"agree with you on the RS5 there....was the same BS with the RS4 and E46 M3...M3 sets the bar...then Audi tries to catch up....its getting old. RS5 will be a great car, no denying that....but once again...a new RS will be pitted against an old M...same as it is now with the RS6 and E60 M5."

I respectfully disagree. When the Rs4 came out and every person was comparing it to the E46 M3 they forgot that it also cost $17000 more which is about 30% that of the E46 M3. for that money you can do FI on the M3 and still have money left over.
So, yeah it should be faster for the extra cash.
Now if the Rs5 will come out with the same format then i'm still happy I got the M3.
just my 2 cents
bottom right hand corner of each post is a "quote" button.

however, if the only way that your going to weigh cars is by speed, i suggest you join a corvette forum.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2008, 07:00 PM   #19
track junkie
Rep

The Audi does look great though I have to give that to them.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2008, 07:03 PM   #20
track junkie
Rep

Quote:
bottom right hand corner of each post is a "quote" button.

however, if the only way that your going to weigh cars is by speed, i suggest you join a corvette forum.
Never!

By the way, i was familiar with the quote button, as well as the multi quote, but what i was trying to do is quote sections of messages from different posts.
I saw someone elso do it and was curious how to.
Sorry for being a pain.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2008, 07:07 PM   #21
Congoman775
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Never!

By the way, i was familiar with the quote button, as well as the multi quote, but what i was trying to do is quote sections of messages from different posts.
I saw someone elso do it and was curious how to.
Sorry for being a pain.
its straight, you just have to copy and paste... takes a bit more effort.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2008, 07:32 PM   #22
endofanera7
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 08 JB E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
i was trying to quote you guys there with little success.
There is a " Button next to the quote button, click on that and you are multi quoting!
Appreciate 0