BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

05-07-2015, 04:58 PM   #23
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

1mm away from minimum is a significant amount. Roughly 50 percent left? I've had nothing but positive experiences with seattle bmw

Last edited by 1MOREMOD; 05-07-2015 at 05:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2015, 04:59 PM   #24
caslca
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 E92 M3 ZCP MineralWhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjw2331 View Post
That's unfortunate. Were they the fronts or rears?

I've had two sets of front rotors replaced with new pads. The front rotors were 1mm (29.44 mm) away from minimum width (28.4) and the pads were low enough to trigger the service light. My service advisor told me that's how they always do it with the M cars since they cannot resurface the rotors at the dealership. Even so, I would be extremely disappointed if they didn't at least resurface the rotors when they put on new pads. I would talk to your service advisor. Perhaps, he kept your expensive rotors and sold them for profit. lol Dealerships are not run by angels, hence the common name on these forums, "stealership."
It was BMW Seattle and have had nothing but bad experience with my 550 and now M3 with them. As I mentioned above, they slapped new pads on the old rotors which, according to them, were 0.2mm above threshold. I told them this was ridiculous and they are literally arguing about a hair's width. They said I could drive another year on these before they go under threshold. My maintenance was also about to expire so I was kinda screwed again by them...
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2015, 05:17 PM   #25
jjw2331
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 JtBlk e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by caslca View Post
It was BMW Seattle and have had nothing but bad experience with my 550 and now M3 with them. As I mentioned above, they slapped new pads on the old rotors which, according to them, were 0.2mm above threshold. I told them this was ridiculous and they are literally arguing about a hair's width. They said I could drive another year on these before they go under threshold. My maintenance was also about to expire so I was kinda screwed again by them...
Yeah, that is messed up. Although it's not fun doing this, I would call BMW customer service and explain the problem. Demand new rotors and get a different dealership to install them for you. They should have record of your service visit for the brake job.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2015, 05:21 PM   #26
jjw2331
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 JtBlk e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
1mm away from minimum is a significant amount. Roughly 50 percent left?
I had plenty of meat left on my last set of rotors (new is about 30.0mm). I always check them after every track day when I put my stock pads back on. But my service advisor said they had to replace the rotors during the brake job for my pads. I asked for my old rotors back and he said they send them back to BMW?
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2015, 07:08 PM   #27
RoshDawg
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3 / 991 / Tundra

Quote:
Originally Posted by caslca View Post
Why not just take the car back do a bunch of really hard stops repeatedly and give it back to them?
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2015, 07:23 PM   #28
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoshDawg View Post
Why not just take the car back do a bunch of really hard stops repeatedly and give it back to them?
I've done that! Track day will do it.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2015, 07:26 PM   #29
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjw2331 View Post
I had plenty of meat left on my last set of rotors (new is about 30.0mm). I always check them after every track day when I put my stock pads back on. But my service advisor said they had to replace the rotors during the brake job for my pads. I asked for my old rotors back and he said they send them back to BMW?
They may have to unless you are providing parts.
Appreciate 0