BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

05-09-2014, 08:16 AM   #1
Sep
Rep
Drives: C250

Lightbulb Worth waiting?

Hey guys,

I'm about to buy a 09 M3 e92 in 35-36K $ interval.
My question is, Is it better if i wait a bit longer for the new M4 to be delivered in U.S. 21st June and then buy the M3? Or wouldn't be any different money-wise?

I found a good deal and i'm like a child that wants his toy, but if the price will be dropping alot i can wait a month or two.

I hope there is no stupid question
Many thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2014, 08:23 AM   #2
LarThaL
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sep View Post
Hey guys,

I'm about to buy a 09 M3 e92 in 35-36K $ interval.
My question is, Is it better if i wait a bit longer for the new M4 to be delivered in U.S. 21st June and then buy the M3? Or wouldn't be any different money-wise?

I found a good deal and i'm like a child that wants his toy, but if the price will be dropping alot i can wait a month or two.

I hope there is no stupid question
Many thanks in advance.
If you find a car you like, then buy it. I don't think it is going to make much of a difference at this point. Prices on the new M3/4 are going to be at a premium right now anyway so it isn't going to affect pricing on the used market. There really isn't going to be cross shopping. Two years from now, when the new F8x platform is selling off MSRP, then you may get deals on the e9x platform. I say "may" because there might still be a huge appeal for the V8. You can never completely predict how these things will go.
      05-09-2014, 08:59 AM   #3
Sep
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarThaL View Post
If you find a car you like, then buy it. I don't think it is going to make much of a difference at this point. Prices on the new M3/4 are going to be at a premium right now anyway so it isn't going to affect pricing on the used market. There really isn't going to be cross shopping. Two years from now, when the new F8x platform is selling off MSRP, then you may get deals on the e9x platform. I say "may" because there might still be a huge appeal for the V8. You can never completely predict how these things will go.
Hooooraaaaa.
I couldn't be any happier now.
Just what i wanted as an answer.

Appreciate it man.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2014, 09:10 AM   #4
chris s
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2022 Dravit G80 M3

i agree...buy the car if you have found one you like.
2008 AW e92 M3 6MT, ESS SC, BBS LM's...SOLD!
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2014, 09:59 AM   #5
Hyperjack
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 E92/ 2012 Chevy Volt

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarThaL View Post
a very well put answer

you're fortunate ,OP.
E92 M3, Indv. Frozen Grey ext., Indv. Rust Brown int.. BC Racing wheels HB-So2, Vorsteiner aero lip, BMW CF spoiler, BMW black chrome grills and gills, IND color match reflector inserts, gloss black wrapped hood vents, M performance exhaust, Dinan CF intake, M5 shift knob, BMW performance pedals.....
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2014, 06:51 PM   #6
Sep
Rep

Thanks guys,
You'll be hearing from me soon
Appreciate 0