BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

European Auto Source (EAS)

05-10-2007, 01:38 PM   #23
T Bone
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stnewcar View Post
http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/...Baby-Death.php

"Six-week-old Crown Shakur died of starvation April 25, 2004. His parents attributed his emaciated state to their strict vegan diet. "

Veganism played a LARGE part in the kids death.

Screw them. Let them rot in jail. Enjoy the tube-steak.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...LG:en%26sa%3DN

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/ABP...2003700382.jpg

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/ABP...2003700387.jpg
      05-10-2007, 01:50 PM   #24
ATG
Major
Cuba
Rep
Drives: f30 328 xdrive, e90 335i gone

Garage List
The moral of this sad story is that there must be some sort of mandatory education for future parents because many of them (like these two) have no idea of what can hurt a baby. Kids are not toys and not pets. Sometimes I see moms and pops carrying babies who are barely a few weeks old and barely dressed, in places full of other people and a potential for getting infections, etc. I'm sure there could be hundreds of examples of mistreating babies, so future parents must learn how to avoid some stupid mistakes. This will also make cases like this easy to prove for prosecutors: you attended the class, you khew what was wrong and what not, and you didn't do the right thing -- welcome to prison!

However, what I don't get is why these stupid parents should get the same life in prison as those who intentionally kill their baby by something like drowning, etc. There must be differentiation. The prosectution must have invested a lot of resources in this case and was able to convince the jury that the killing was intentional. And the defendants like had a pretty weak lawyer. Nothing new: money rules this country.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2007, 01:55 PM   #25
T Bone
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG View Post
However, what I don't get is why these stupid parents should get the same life in prison as those who intentionally kill their baby by something like drowning, etc. There must be differentiation. The prosectution must have invested a lot of resources in this case and was able to convince the jury that the killing was intentional. And the defendats like had a pretty weak lawyer. Nothing new: money rule this country.
They were convicted of malice murder, felony murder, involuntary manslaughter and cruelty to children. They only needed to prove they intended to feed the baby the way they did.

They don't need to prove that the perp knew pulling the trigger on a loaded gun was bad, they only need to prove the perp pulled the trigger.

This is an excellent use of tax dollars
      05-10-2007, 02:04 PM   #26
ATG
Major
Cuba
Rep
Drives: f30 328 xdrive, e90 335i gone

Garage List
My understanding, based on the article, is that they were found guilty not because they initially fed the baby with juice and soy milk (that would have been ridiculous), but because they refused to take the baby to the doctor and CONTINUED the same diet AFTER they saw the signs of the baby's fading away. That was the crucial point to prove.

But as to my other comment, do you think the chief baby lover Michael Jackson would have been acquitted if he had the same lawyer as those two parents had?
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2007, 02:16 PM   #27
T Bone
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG View Post
My understanding, based on the article, is that they were found guilty not because they initially fed the baby with juice and soy milk (that would have been ridiculous), but because they refused to take the baby to the doctor and CONTINUED the same diet AFTER they saw the signs of the baby's fading away. That was the crucial point to prove.

But as to my other comment, do you think the chief baby lover Michael Jackson would have been acquitted if he had the same lawyer as those two parents had?
Sure the better the lawyer you can afford, the better representation you will get.

But you are off in the hypotheticals.....this couple was convicted for murder and I am glad they were convicted for taking the life of an innocent.
      05-10-2007, 06:24 PM   #28
toofasttooslow
Galactic Emperor
Rep
Drives: Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
They were convicted of malice murder, felony murder, involuntary manslaughter and cruelty to children. They only needed to prove they intended to feed the baby the way they did.

They don't need to prove that the perp knew pulling the trigger on a loaded gun was bad, they only need to prove the perp pulled the trigger.

This is an excellent use of tax dollars
Well put. It's time we stop giving people excuses to violate other human beings. Ignorance is no excuse for morality. In the old days if you had committed such an atrocious crime you would have been strung up in the court of public law or even better, stoned to death. Only today do we have liberal whiners that say give them a break because "they didn't know any better". Come on! You can honestly say that if you had a baby that was starving to death, constantly vomiting, and a protruding abdomen that you wouldn't be concerned enough to take him or her to the doctor? Please. Have you actually ever seen anyone starve to death? It's one of the most horrible ways to die. You die in constant extreme agonizing pain. As far as I'm concerned ,death is too good for these two.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2007, 07:30 PM   #29
MrFrizzle
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '07 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stnewcar View Post
There are no intelligence tests to pass when you decide to bring children into the world. Enough said.
Its sad, because there are way too many people having babies, who really shouldn't be.
I think people must have a certain amount of income, intelligence, responsibility and sensibility to have children.
Population would decrease, but there would be a much higher ratio of mroe capable people out there.
      05-11-2007, 08:32 AM   #30
Neurorad
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 340xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
The vegan idiots tried to raise their baby through the vegan lifestyle and killed him and they were beligerent until the end. Veganism killed the baby because, he was not properly fed while the parents were on their pompous horse. Babies need fat, protein, carbs, vitamins and minerals to grow and be healthy.....you don't get that with Soy Milk + Apple Juice.

No race would deliberately withhold required sustenance from their baby. Veganism and the idiotic parent's adhesion to this lifestyle did withhold nutrients from this baby - so absolutely Veganism is a contributing factor.

Hippies they are not but dumb people who brought their lifestyle to their baby and killed him they were.

Rot in jail and see how they last on juice boxes.
You missed my point. The defendants are not vegans, but using veganism as an excuse at trial.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2007, 08:40 AM   #31
Dammmittt
My favorite sign.
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

As I learned in London (while talking to some Irish dudes at a Pub) nothing a makes a baby stronger and healthier than GUINESS
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2007, 06:21 PM   #32
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dammmittt View Post
As I learned in London (while talking to some Irish dudes at a Pub) nothing a makes a baby stronger and healthier than GUINESS
Ah, a pint of the Guiness, mother's milk!

From the scarce details, these parents neglected the kid, plain and simple, and they KNOWINGLY did it for a period of time. It's not like one day he was 10 lbs. and fine, then in the morning he was 3 and died.
Appreciate 0