BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

EXXEL Distributions

07-19-2010, 12:34 PM   #1
08rookie
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw

Wells Fargo credit card...need opinion

ive banked with wachovia (owned by wells fargo) my entire life...business and personal

i just deposited 5k in money market last wk with wachovia...2 days later i got a pre aproval letter with wells fargo for a platinum visa credit card....

i gave in, applied for the card, got approved for 5k limit...even called them like are you sure its an unsecured card because i thought they would do some shady 'secured-card tied to my wachovia account lol...they denied...its a platinum visa 5k limit to start, unsecured 0% apr for the first 9 months. win!

the card is in the mail...but in the mean time i couldnt help but look up reviews on wells fargo as an institution...all i saw were horrible marks with regards to auto loans, student loans, mortgages...bad service, sneaky fees, bla bla...

but i was wondering if a credit card would be any different?! probably not lol...people stress they would get phone calls all the time from salesmen selling consolidated loans, insurance products, harassing them for late fees and upcoming payments. most of the reviewers banked with wells fargo and not wachovia (eventhough wells fargo owns wachovia, wells fargo still has individual branch locations) not sure if that makes a huge difference but we bank with wachovia and we have substantial money in personal and business accounts and ive never been called or harassed...now that i have the card i guess that changes things? should i expect to be harassed? should i expect them to be robbers and thieves like everybody says? or is it cut and dry with this company...you owe what you owe and when your late you get charged...somebody blogged about how wells fargo changes their due dates and dumb shit to get late fees lol

i dont know if i should use wells fargo card? might just get it, and cut it up...then open an account at a local credit union and wait til i get visa offers through them lol...
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2010, 12:36 PM   #2
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville

haha fuck wells, used to work for them...interest is 0 for 6 months, then jumps to like 19 after that
      07-19-2010, 12:42 PM   #3
08rookie
Private First Class
Rep

im not a credit card guy, i dont have many trade lines, just two installment accounts and one revolving account...even though my accounts are in good standing and my rations are good i was shocked i got approved...

im sure there are better credit cards out there....i dont want to hurt my credit score by getting hard pulls from them...just got turned down from amex blue but approved from wells fargo
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2010, 12:55 PM   #4
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville

well you are applying obviously because you sound like you need them, if I were you i would cut the card up, hell I wouldnt bank with them at all...I only do my banking at Credit Unions(faster proofing, deposits go in quicker, they dont call you bugging you about product), like i said i worked for wells/wachovia, and they will bug you to death especially if you have a little money in your account...check your local Credit Union Money Market rates and see what they offer
      07-19-2010, 01:03 PM   #5
08rookie
Private First Class
Rep

'need' is a strong word...ive never had one in my life...cash is king where i am from....i think personal credit cards hurt the economy...banks should lend to businesses not to girls who want to shop...but the reality is people need to have trade lines with established credit companies to increase their future purchasing power.

i agree credit unions are the way to go...im looking into them as we speak...
Appreciate 0