BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions
Closed Thread

11-17-2010, 12:42 PM   #67
bspears
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJM335 View Post
I have owned both and they are great cars. The perfect example of siblings...same basic DNA with different personalies, strengths and weaknesses.
this
      11-17-2010, 02:25 PM   #68
ihyln
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3post sucks

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
2002 530i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MERCSUk153 View Post
Well that was in response to cheap a$$ 335i/S4 comment by said fanboys. Thankfully most aren't just the ones who like to keep providing the cheap shots so favor is returned. Not standing by for cheap shots like that one.
please find another board to troll. you are boring.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2010, 02:38 PM   #69
raiste
Time is the fire in which we burn.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 SSII M3

LOL! This is a crazy debate. To put it into perspective, my son's tuned civic would probably smoke all of us.

Appreciate 0
      11-17-2010, 03:02 PM   #70
jdgamble
Captain
Rep
Drives: 18 CQM M3 - My family car

Quote:
Ticking time bombs? LOL you are as uneducated as I was about a month back when I looked into this and this is not true please look into how many engines have blown up due to a tune? If you think what you said is true then why don't you post this up on the e90post and tell them their engines are ticking time bombs and see what you get as the answer. So is a supercharged M3 also a ticking time bomb?
Thanks for debating the obvious as we already have stated stock for stock the M3 would win. Please go back and reread the thread to as what the debate was about and you have just reinforced my debate by saying the tuned 335i would be the M3 as Sor said it wouldn't.
I never said anything about ticking. The reason I don't go on to E90post and talk about tuned 335's is because I drive an M3 and I don't really care about tuned 335's. To answer another question, I wouldn't supercharge an M3. A buddy of mine had a supercharged E46 M3 and things broke regularly (cooling, I'm pretty sure he broke his driveshaft or something related, etc). We've already had this "how tuning affects reliability/longevity." Do you really want to go back to that? There were about 10 people on that post tearing you a new one! You have been all over the place in your posts... and Sor never said NO tuned 335 could beat an M3. That's ridiculous. Like the last guy said, there are Honda Civic running in the 8's and 9's.

The moral of the story is that you are a shit-talker... and not a very good one. I am a shit-talker too, but at least I drive the right car for this board.
      11-17-2010, 05:02 PM   #71
jmar0351
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

Garage List
I read up to almost the third page, so forgive my laziness.

I had a question:
For a dd the 335i is nice because you will have a decent amount of torque down low, and with a m3 you need your revs slightly higher form what I gather. Now if you have an M3 don't you want to be revving high to hear the beautiful engine anyhow? (not that 3k is high, I'm not trying to say the 335i is better, don't jump on me please )

I just stepped into a 335i, and I'm totally happy with it... but if anyone offered a 335i driver a m3 for the same price we all know what would happen.

Both great cars, but the M3 is made to tear up a track AND be a dd, the 335 is designed to be a fun dd.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2010, 05:22 PM   #72
jdgamble
Captain
Rep
Drives: 18 CQM M3 - My family car

Quote:
No you said nothing of tuned 335i as being time bombs nothing at all. Definitely someone has bad memory. You still have no proof that a tuned car is a ticking time bomb. So what if there may be a little more wear and tear than usual. That doesn't make a tuned car a ticking time bomb.
I maintain that I said nothing about "ticking"... It was a joke dude. As far as proof goes, I don't need it... I don't have a tuned turbo or supercharger on my car, and I really don't care what you do to your car. It's just common sense. But if you don't believe me, here is a VERY diplomatic answer to a common question that I just found on a supercharger manufacturer's site... took about 30 seconds...

From http://boostzilla.com/store/allzilla/faq/supercharger...

Will a supercharger shorten the life of my engine or drivetrain?
That is a very subjective question, as the manner in which an automobile is driven directly affects engine life. Assuming a properly tuned system, proper oil change and engine maintenance, and similar driving style, supercharging generally will not shorten the life of an engine, just as is the case with OEM turbocharging/supercharging systems (with proper cool down for turbochargers - a cool down period after driving is not necessary with supercharging). This is especially true of centrifugal supercharging, which generates boost in line with engine rpm, unlike roots and twin screw blowers, whose low rpm boost can place additional strain on the engine and drive train.

Superchargers will not increase transmission or clutch wear under normal driving. When racing, however, the additional torque provided by supercharging will place additional load on the entire driveline chain, especially when increased traction is present, such as with slicks. This impact is minimized when the boost increases with engine rpm, as is the case with centrifugal supercharging and turbocharging. Transmission/clutch life can be increased though the use of an aftermarket transmission cooler and learning to shift properly.
      11-17-2010, 05:55 PM   #73
donovan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: R8 - Ford Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by J08M3 View Post
^--- Just cause you can't afford to play you don't have to get all upset.

LAMO ROFL

the ROFLcopter

Audi R8 v10
Ford Raptor
m3e46freak@yahoo.comfor all euro parts!!
ebay/craigslist verified/ m3post/e46fanantics/m3forum/zpost/bimmerforum
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread