BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Video + PC Gaming / Computing

Mporium BMW

01-10-2011, 03:14 AM   #89
radiantm3
Apex Everything!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Honda S2000, 2017 GT350

Garage List
2011 E92 M3  [9.35]
2014 BMW i3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by phile92 View Post
i think the gt2 is first fanatec wheel thats compatible with xbox and maybe the first clutch wheel compatible with xbox
No it's not. I have the Turbo S wheel and it works with xbox/pc/ps3 and has a clutch. The GT2 is their second wheel (and most likely an improvement) that's multi-platform.

My pet project: https://stickershift.com
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2011, 03:51 AM   #90
phile92
pok gai, ho fai
United_States
Rep
Drives: truck-boat-truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiantm3 View Post
No it's not. I have the Turbo S wheel and it works with xbox/pc/ps3 and has a clutch. The GT2 is their second wheel (and most likely an improvement) that's multi-platform.
is the turbo s also wireless?
      01-10-2011, 05:33 PM   #91
HPFREAK
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: C6 ZO6

I think it does, with the USB dongle.

I am waiting to see how they get this current ordering issue handled with everyone. Seems that they are shipping individual items now and are not doing packages like before. They said they have wheels and pedals, but are filling orders here and there.

Quote:
is the turbo s also wireless?
      01-10-2011, 05:57 PM   #92
LOLrance
The Law.
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: BMW

I'm pretty content with a G27 modded with a full size aftermarket steering wheel.
      01-11-2011, 12:08 AM   #93
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by l4wr3nc3 View Post
I'm pretty content with a G27 modded with a full size aftermarket steering wheel.
yeah the thing i like about the Porsche is the steering wheel is much better sized that the G ones; G ones are for adults and kids, while the Porsche is aimed for adults
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2011, 02:11 AM   #94
HoustonGuy
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335i

I'd jump on a G27 if it worked w/ the 360...
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2011, 01:17 PM   #95
HPFREAK
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

I feel the same, but I guess Lgoitech thinks that there are like 10 xbox users in the world, so it does not make profitable business sense to make the wheel compat. If Fanatec can do it, Logitech should be able to in their sleep. Kind of bullshit if you ask me(which you didnt). I called Logitech and they have no plans on making another xbox wheel or making the G27 work with xbox.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonGuy View Post
I'd jump on a G27 if it worked w/ the 360...
      01-13-2011, 04:54 PM   #96
HPFREAK
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Just saw on gtplanet that people just got an email from Fanatec telling them that they will not see their wheels until late feb early march in the EU and as late as April or May for USA.lol wow. A lot of people are canceling, which does not mean they will have excess stock since they keep some as replacement wheels for those that are DOA. They wont sell their emergency stock. There have been issues with fans not working,and shifters and paddle shifters arriving broken. Also the Xbox is not recognizing some of the GT2 wheels. They have to send out a new wheel for those issues. Rest assured if you did order they are going to make up for the wait by giving you a headshot mouse! YAAAYYY!
      01-14-2011, 01:51 AM   #97
Sylon
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i, SG/CR, 6MT, M-Sport

Garage List
2011 135i  [9.20]
Damn, that news makes the Thrustmaster wheel look a better.

2011 BMW 135i | Space Gray | ///M-Sport | BMW CCA #450291
Facebook / Instagram / YouTube / Twitter
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2011, 04:03 AM   #98
phile92
pok gai, ho fai
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad@PSI MOTORS View Post
Just saw on gtplanet that people just got an email from Fanatec telling them that they will not see their wheels until late feb early march in the EU and as late as April or May for USA.lol wow. A lot of people are canceling, which does not mean they will have excess stock since they keep some as replacement wheels for those that are DOA. They wont sell their emergency stock. There have been issues with fans not working,and shifters and paddle shifters arriving broken. Also the Xbox is not recognizing some of the GT2 wheels. They have to send out a new wheel for those issues. Rest assured if you did order they are going to make up for the wait by giving you a headshot mouse! YAAAYYY!
fanatec emailed back saying my order is going to ship next week. fingers crossed for a new mouse or more realistically that it arrives at all.
      01-14-2011, 11:37 AM   #99
HPFREAK
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

I guess it depends on when you ordered. If you ordered in Dec then i think you will get by next week, but any orders in jan are going to be waiting a long time they said. I will buy your wheel if it is a GT2 with CS pedals I am not far from Fullerton.

I was going to get a Thrustmaster last night, but for 658.50 with tax it is a little much to spend for a wheel that works only with GT5 and only with PS3 currently with no intention for it to work with xbox, and they have given no idea as to when more games will be supported. Also it has no gear shift and I really do not like the look of the wheel and people have been saying that the steering wheel feels cheap because of the rubber cover. Also the paddles shifter are fixed which is fine but they look like slabs of metal that belong on holding up shelving.

I am going to wait it out and see what happens once some online companies start getting their stock of GT2's back in.

Quote:
fanatec emailed back saying my order is going to ship next week. fingers crossed for a new mouse or more realistically that it arrives at all.
      01-14-2011, 12:48 PM   #100
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

i'm pretty happy I didn't order then

I want one, but I'm not going to wait 3-4 months

Screw that
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2011, 12:53 PM   #101
HPFREAK
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

I know, but I guess if you bought in 3-4 months when they are ready to ship when ordered then you still waited.lol That is the way I thinking of looking at it. I am getting close to ordering since I am sick of not having a wheel for xbox as well. I want to get F1 2010 for xbox. The reviews say it is better on xbox than on PS3 because of graphics issues in the PS3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
i'm pretty happy I didn't order then

I want one, but I'm not going to wait 3-4 months

Screw that
      01-14-2011, 08:40 PM   #102
phile92
pok gai, ho fai
United_States
Rep

just received shipping info from fanatec!
      01-15-2011, 10:35 AM   #103
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
!!!
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2011, 12:50 PM   #104
HPFREAK
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

DOnt get your hopes up until you see the package has moved. I read that a lot of people got the shipping notification only to see that days later nothing was moving. They got another email saying sorry it will not ship out for another X weeks due to supply issues.

Also there are people popping up on gtplanet saying their wheels are over heating after an hour of use. I have heard the same about the T 500 RS wheel as well, and that they even say in the manual not to use it for more than 1 hour at a time to avoid over heating.lol

I have used my DFGT for 3 hours straight with zero issues. You are telling me that a wheel that cost more than double cant do that?

THis is starting to remind me of the Forgstar F14 wheel screw up. Endless ship date push backs, only for people to finally get them and they are the wrong offsets and they are cracking left and right because they are weak wheels that are not properly tested.

Quote:
      01-15-2011, 03:10 PM   #105
phile92
pok gai, ho fai
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad@PSI MOTORS View Post
DOnt get your hopes up until you see the package has moved. I read that a lot of people got the shipping notification only to see that days later nothing was moving. They got another email saying sorry it will not ship out for another X weeks due to supply issues.

Also there are people popping up on gtplanet saying their wheels are over heating after an hour of use. I have heard the same about the T 500 RS wheel as well, and that they even say in the manual not to use it for more than 1 hour at a time to avoid over heating.lol

I have used my DFGT for 3 hours straight with zero issues. You are telling me that a wheel that cost more than double cant do that?

THis is starting to remind me of the Forgstar F14 wheel screw up. Endless ship date push backs, only for people to finally get them and they are the wrong offsets and they are cracking left and right because they are weak wheels that are not properly tested.
hmm. fingers crossed for a properly functioning wheel. i have faith in zee Germans, although they make a crumby fuel pump.

the UPS tracking info shows 5 packages weights: 15, 13, 3, 3, and 2 lbs. my guess is they contain the pedals, steering wheel, tuning kit, color kit, and shifters respectively (and maybe a free mouse somewhere in there?) im betting they are going to ship the RSV2 stand separate (weight of 20+lbs i think.)
      01-15-2011, 06:46 PM   #106
HPFREAK
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Well maybe you will get lucky and get it for one, and have one that has good fans. I was going to order but I have a strong feeling that they will not be able to deliver in May either. I think they are a victim of their own success, and have no idea what to do at this point to get things straight. The issues with the wheels is likely because they are rushing the manufacturer to get these things out.

Quote:
hmm. fingers crossed for a properly functioning wheel. i have faith in zee Germans, although they make a crumby fuel pump.

the UPS tracking info shows 5 packages weights: 15, 13, 3, 3, and 2 lbs. my guess is they contain the pedals, steering wheel, tuning kit, color kit, and shifters respectively (and maybe a free mouse somewhere in there?) im betting they are going to ship the RSV2 stand separate (weight of 20+lbs i think.)
      02-01-2011, 04:36 PM   #107
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Where's your review! lol
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2011, 05:18 PM   #108
HPFREAK
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Providing he got it and it actually works then he is most likely too busy using it.lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
Where's your review! lol
      02-01-2011, 09:16 PM   #109
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

haha true that
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2011, 11:47 PM   #110
phile92
pok gai, ho fai
United_States
Rep

sorry guys, been really busy with the first week of school.
i borrowed a friend's ps3 and got a chance to test it out.

pros: the steering wheel itself is magnificent. really accurate with none of the loud gear clacking of my old gt4 wheel and endless adjustability. the clubsport pedals are pimpin as fuck. i pumped up the clutch and gas resistance 30%, cut down on brake travel 30%, and cut down on gas travel using the tuning kit. its definitely a must if you want that realistic feel for the supercars. my clutch leg was actually sore after a few races. me and my friend beat challenges that we couldn't even come close to beating with a controller. level 21 jeff gordon challenges are cake with the wheel.

cons: every damn box they shipped to me was marked FANATEC ADVANCED GERMAN GAMEWARE MADE IN CHINA. so if anyone moving that stuff around actually knew how expensive the stuff inside was... also $650+ order made in china thunbsdown. the alcantara wrap had a bubble near the 3 oclock position which is a bit disappointing. im going to see if i can get rid of it by heating it up and pressing it out or maybe poking with a needle. they sent me the sequential and h shifters but im pretty sure they are not soft touch. im fairly sure the clubsport edition gt3rs was supposed to come with legit soft touch rubber shifter and the ones ive seen in other ppls videos look different. lastly the rs wheelstand has very study components, but the one giant screw that is holding the wheel up isnt really locking to the base, so it wobbles quite a bit. odd, considering how many positive review there are saying how solid it is. might bore out the hole with a drill to see if it will lock together better.

sorry for the weak review, but i got shit to do. my advice is: dont buy it or maybe only buy the pedals. looks sweet tho. ill throw up some pics when i get some time