BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

06-30-2008, 05:16 PM   #45
flyer333
GSS CORP.
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: E90/E93

i think it realli depends on THE car u got and luck

Don't teach a pig how to read, it's a waste of time and it annoys the pig.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2008, 09:01 PM   #46
cooldude
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw 335i

that report is crap.
i can respect porsche but nissan makes bad cars
they just can't be no 2.
and also honda odyssey is the van god and its not listed at all.
      06-30-2008, 11:26 PM   #47
yoyeewee
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW M6 coupe

Garage List
BMW does not make bad cars. No one makes a perfect car. Please keep in mind that BMW has been selling a lot of cars with turbo engines in the last 2 years. This is something totally new to the market in mass-production for BMW. This is 1 contributing factor to the high repair claim.

Another contributing factor is that BMW has been known to have small and little problems here and there. This contributes to the high repair claim too.

Also, BMW has been selling more cars every year. With more cars sold and being driven on the road, there's a higher probability for cars to go back into the dealership for repairs.

BMW drivers are known to drive their cars hard, even abusive at times. With more stress being put on these vehicles, this increases the likelihood that the cars go back for service repairs. Whereas Toyota and Lexus drivers usually drive their cars like little old ladies, those cars have hardly any wear-and-tear for their cars to go back.

IMO, BMW makes the most reliable cars in the world. Additionally, they take chances like introducing innovative things like iDrive to the consumer. Come on, it's a fact that whenever new technology is introduced, it will have a high chance that it will break. But I give credit to BMW for having the balls to do it. Keep it up!
2008 335i coupe Atlantic Blue with Black Leather Steptronic ZSP ZPP NAV PDC COMFORT ACCESS REAR SUNSHADE HEATED SEATS HD RADIO SIRIUS USB/IPOD 20" Klassen K5.1 3-piece wheels w/Toyo Tires Job Design Body Kit M3 Trunk Spoiler Eisenmann Exhaust Eibach Pro-Kit Springs
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2008, 12:22 PM   #48
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Nazareno View Post
that is a fantastic idea. thanks for sharing. i did a search based on your suggestion and i came up with a very interesting presentation from warranty week that plots warranty claims as a % of product revenue

https://www.aiag.org/scriptcontent/e...NOTE_final.pdf

bmw isn't in there unfortunately, but this demonstrates the validity of the approach you suggested.
This the approach most companies use to determine if they have a problem or not. Face everything fail, there is no change they fact, what you do have some control over is how often and when. So companies measure the quality of their produces based on predicted and actually failures and set money assign based on this.

The problem with surveys is that some people feel they should never have a problem and when they do have the a problem the service departments do not acknowledge that fact. I find that service department actually make the end user experience worse. I do not care that I had a problem I do care that is get fixed with not excuses.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2008, 12:39 PM   #49
gdnyc
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330xi Jet Black

All car makes have their problems and its usually luck of the draw.

With my E90, so far I had the passenger seat leather unstitch, steering column changed, wear on various interior pieces (i only have 12k miles), rear window motors needed to be replaced, rear window moulding came off..
These problems are not major but they are annoying. When you pay 40k+ for a car, you would think these things wouldn't happen.

When I had my A4 the interior stayed immaculate for the 7 years that I had it and with the exception of differential seal (parts = $17), it was problem free. Yet I know others who had a shit load of problems with their A4's..

BMW, please get rid of the RFT's and give us a spare tire!
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2008, 12:39 PM   #50
Randys335xi
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sparkling Graphite 335xi Coupe

There is some statistical issues with their data. Some of the indication is that There are some of the cars that are the same except for badging.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2008, 10:53 PM   #51
Carnage
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: people insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by anmcguire View Post
That's a bold assertion. Prove it.
most of the people on this forum help prove it everyday.....
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2008, 10:58 PM   #52
Carnage
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintor View Post
What is a REAL waste is your contribution for 3 years, if your only thought about BMW is that those cars are badge whores. Stupid is even understated.

NOW would me a good time for you to GO.
Wow, is that the best you can do tough guy?? I'm willing to bet I'll still be around long after you're a distant memory so now would be a good time for you go move on little man and enjoy of your life of mediocrity. I'm out of your league.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2008, 03:32 AM   #53
SapphireBlackG01
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘18 X3, Formerly ‘06 Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbtheo View Post
Thanks! you too, how ya been? I havent been on e46fanatics in forever
that's because e46fanatics blows harder than a hooker on 8th street.
Guy #1: "Hanz, I know zee window switches have always been next to zee shifter in zee 3er cars, but I think ve should move them to zee door!"
Guy #2: "But zee doors are already designed and ve do not have time to re-design them!"
Guy #1: "Just make it verk or you vill be verking over at VW!"
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2008, 03:31 AM   #54
radix
you know he kills little girls like you
No_Country
Rep
Drives: -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage View Post
most of the people on this forum help prove it everyday.....
That's not proof, that's anecdote. As you're no doubt aware since you've been a forum member for much longer than I have: This forum is probably more of a statistical anomaly than something that could be considered proof. Enthusiast forums are a magnet for Internet idiots, trolls, and, of course, zealots. I would not consider the buying motivations of forum members to be in any way indicative of the purchasing reasons for the vast majority of BMW buyers.

This forum proves nothing other than threads such as this one will only further degrade, until Godwin's law is ultimately proven correct once again. BMW used Nazi slave labor. Damn, sorry. Now this thread is officially dead.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2008, 04:21 PM   #55
simp0man
Not looking 2 SPEED, just looking GOOD
Cambodia
Rep
Drives: 07 328i

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage View Post
finally someone gets it....BMW are mainly bought by people who want to be seen in a BMW or they want to be able to tell people they own one. It's not because BMW's are the pinnacle of quality, reliablity, or best in class treatment by dealers. People who want that buy something from Japan.
All the talk about this and that but yourself in mystery comic book reading nerd. Japanese imitate and they are getting there since they got into the luxury business. Tell it from experience not from your assumptions. 16k since '05 huh? We know what you do on the net, beat'n it to the keyboards. Your real world is here isn't it? Some people get their kicks doing things and we know what you amounted to 16k posts in 3 years.
      07-19-2008, 12:54 AM   #56
Carnage
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by simp0man View Post
All the talk about this and that but yourself in mystery comic book reading nerd. Japanese imitate and they are getting there since they got into the luxury business. Tell it from experience not from your assumptions. 16k since '05 huh? We know what you do on the net, beat'n it to the keyboards. Your real world is here isn't it? Some people get their kicks doing things and we know what you amounted to 16k posts in 3 years.
you're a sad little man and you make me laugh. Get out of your mom's basement and see the world before you talk about experience on any level.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2012, 04:11 AM   #57
Blue Bottle
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X1 x Drive 2.0L D

interesting thoughts
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2012, 12:09 PM   #58
michaelthepsycho
Lieutenant Colonel
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 11 Montego Blue E90 335i Step

Adaptive headlights broke. The light was still there but it wouldn't sweep when cornering. Minor problem but also only problem out of all my cars. Things that don't really matter break but still great reported. I believe it. Little electrical problems here and there.

Obviously, it shouldn't sway people too much because all modern cars are pretty reliable. Slow is smooth and smooth is fast. Sometimes I look at how owners ignorantly abuse their cars. I guess German cars take more know-how to operate.