BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW

11-10-2011, 11:14 PM   #67
subtlestylez
Rep
Drives:

Your car is fine. Why would you need a CD-Changer nowadays?

I think at the minimum you should have bluetooth and iphone integration.

I prefer my Garmin GPS over the BMW Nav system anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooderson View Post
Just purchased an '08 E92. This car must be the least optioned car available. It has half cloth interior (speed cloth?), no Nav, no CD changer, 6 speed manual, no bluetooth. It is really a bare bones M car. Seems like it was built specifically to go racing. Was that the idea or is that just the way the original customer ordered it?
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2011, 11:21 PM   #68
rjd598
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 340i

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
when buying used the little options don't effect price too much. People who order no options...to each his own but you probably can't tell the difference between tech vs. No tech.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2011, 07:40 AM   #69
Richbot
Major General
Rep
Drives: Jerez Black E90

I have owned enough BMW's to know you don't want a sunroof or any more electronics than are strictly necessary to start and stop the car. Mine has premium and cold weather package and I'm not thrilled about the power seats but heated seats are nice and the bluetooth is pretty much a legal requirement in some states so I can't say I wish it was totally stripped, and the fold-down seats add to the versatility.

But I plan to have this thing when I die so I was going into the car search purchase with a different mindset. I will own other cars and I'm sure I will like them but this one will always be there, as what I think is the last truest and greatest expression of what a car can be, developed at the high point of the era before the onset of electrification and engine downsizing. Cars will continue to get faster and more efficient but I wouldn't trade it for anything at any price today or ever.

Could have purchased or ordered something much more expensive just as easily but that's not what it's about. Those who get it, get it. Those who don't aren't worth your time. OP: Enjoy your car.

Last edited by Richbot; 11-11-2011 at 07:47 AM..
Appreciate 0