BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

09-08-2014, 12:02 PM   #441
Longboarder
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW i8

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donbona View Post
I tried every dct upgrade possible.

It may be that ESS have found the right software to fix the issue which is great and I will glady hold my hands up.
But I test drove a friends stage 2 ESS and his had the same issue although this was 2 years back.
The ECU and TCU have to be tuned TOGETHER. They talk to each other. Get it? If you put on a no-name brand S/C and they don't tune the TCU along with the ECU, there will be problems.

Now you know.
IG: longboarder949; YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT1...eoFBszPIK0gf9w
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2014, 12:28 PM   #442
sales@ESSTuning
Rep
Drives: ESS M3 / M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donbona View Post
I have talked to DLSJ5 many times about this. ... His transmission is not stock.
His transmission is 100% stock, you are incorrect. Drew has also been running 700 whp 450 wtq supercharged on his stock transmission without issue. You seem to be very confused on your facts. We have supercharged over 1k M3's most of which are DCT and over 600 HP. I have yet to have anything outside of the very rare random report of an issue and those are usually worn clutches or old OEM software that needed to be updated.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2014, 02:55 AM   #443
Donbona
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 M3 DCT 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longboarder View Post
Let me remind you that you said all of this:

LMAO.

No, the DCT will not do this.

I track my car and there are plenty of other S/C M3s making more than 600 HP that track all the time in SoCal with ZERO issues.

Yes the DCT will do this as I have experienced this personally and as I stated before I know others that have experienced the same... calling me a liar is pointless. As I said before I have nothing to gain.
The Mechatronics on the DCT box have limiters for torque levels.... unless you raise or delimit the levels then this will happen.

Even the GTR DCT has the same limiters but the GTR tuners know how to deal with this in their mapping.
M3 E93 DCT, Space Grey,BC HB29 Forged Deep Concave Wheels, Ericsson Amuse F/R Bumper, Evolve Full Exhaust System, INTRAX Coilovers, STOPTECH BBK, Performance Steering Wheel,Custom Red/Black Leather Seats,///M3 ||Bimmerpost M3 Car Of The Month May - 2010SOLD
2010 R35 GTR
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2014, 03:07 AM   #444
Donbona
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 M3 DCT 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman@ESS View Post
His transmission is 100% stock, you are incorrect. Drew has also been running 700 whp 450 wtq supercharged on his stock transmission without issue. You seem to be very confused on your facts. We have supercharged over 1k M3's most of which are DCT and over 600 HP. I have yet to have anything outside of the very rare random report of an issue and those are usually worn clutches or old OEM software that needed to be updated.
Im not disputing your track record .... and as I said before if you guys have had no issues with this then I will happily hold my hands up and admit I was wrong. But as I said before.... I know others who have experienced the same issue.... including previous ESS owners who had the same issue.
The symptoms only occurred when tracking or a spirited drive on twisty roads when coming out of corners.
In a straight line drag run it was fine.
When I asked Drew about this he said that he only does drag runs and never experienced it.

Anyway... I have said my part.... what others do with it is up to them.
M3 E93 DCT, Space Grey,BC HB29 Forged Deep Concave Wheels, Ericsson Amuse F/R Bumper, Evolve Full Exhaust System, INTRAX Coilovers, STOPTECH BBK, Performance Steering Wheel,Custom Red/Black Leather Seats,///M3 ||Bimmerpost M3 Car Of The Month May - 2010SOLD
2010 R35 GTR
Appreciate 0