BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW

08-31-2018, 11:53 AM   #1
Crazy8.M3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 e92 M3 ZCP

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
M Performance Center West (2 Day M School)

I had an amazing experience this past weekend at the 2-Day M School down in Thermal, CA. The instructors were great and it was a fun group of 17 people with all kinds of driving experience. Most people there like myself had no experience on a track aside from maybe some 1/4 mile racing at the local speedway. Others had attended different performance driving schools (Camaro, Porsche, Cadillac...) and then the journalist with some motorcycle racing experience which came in handy for him on many of the timed races. Everyone was there for a good time and that it was.

I don't want to make this a long read so I'll try and sum up the weekend real quick.

The group was broken up into 3 groups so each group would be in either the M2, M4 or M5 and taken to different parts of the course which also included the fun skid pad. You switch out so you drive each car once in the AM then again in the PM. They have timed courses and games so it makes it competitive and fun at the same time. The second day we got to go to the actual track (North Palm Circuit). The morning as spent getting familiar with the track then after lunch we got to race the whole thing which is about 1.2 miles. The groups were broken down a little bit more with 3 drivers per instructor and we had to follow the instructor in a line around the course who went as fast as you can keep up. After each lap, whoever was directly behind the instructor would pull off to the left, let the next two go then get back in line.

It was a lot of fun, if you're thinking about doing it, DO IT! Puts a smile to my face just thinking about it. I would definitely do the 2-day class again but when it's cooler there like the winter which for them is in the 80's. Last weekend was in the low to mid 110's and when you're racing the M5 in the afternoon, car gets hot and the AC might go out. I did come to realize that I need to definitely upgrade the brakes on my M3.

Name:  PC.png
Views: 300
Size:  4.24 MB

Name:  M3.png
Views: 311
Size:  5.25 MB

Name:  BMW M4 Gas.png
Views: 294
Size:  5.40 MB
A lot of this throughout the weekend.
Name:  M4.png
Views: 289