BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

BPM

11-26-2011, 07:21 PM   #23
Impervious
UNC FTW
Pakistan
Rep
Drives: Black Sapphire 135i

Spear
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2011, 07:09 AM   #24
Gregxi
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 535xi

Alcohol was a major contributor to this post.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2011, 07:39 AM   #25
Z4-VILLA
Banned
Afghanistan
Rep
Drives: Z4M Hardtop Roadster

I dont know about you but Im 6'2 274 lbs....I have about 14 % bodyfat so im not exactly out of shape...lol. Considering my former training, if I were to use a bat instead of my hands I would get into less trouble in that situation.....That said is pepper spray allowed there. Ive Peppersprayed some dudes while training and that shit works. Get the long range sprayer you can take out a few dudes if youre aim is right. seriously

Last edited by Z4-VILLA; 11-27-2011 at 12:53 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2011, 08:01 AM   #26
sanf
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 535XI

good thing you didnt find the guy or you would prob be in jail by now. just ignore those fukers. it's not worth it to get ur hands dirty unless they throw the 1st punch.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2011, 10:24 PM   #27
mentos876
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 06' BMW e90

good bb gun is doin a great job
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2011, 11:10 PM   #28
oneintheory
no longer a BMW owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Ford Edge Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
CCW
guns+alcohol are a stupid mix anyway.

and the guy may have been creepy, but your girl did the right thing. there are a whole lot of creeps in this world, and a whole lot of women that get scared easily. rushing to violence only causes trouble.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2011, 11:11 PM   #29
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

why a bat?

get a sword
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2011, 05:59 AM   #30
Z4-VILLA
Banned
Afghanistan
Rep

...yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneintheory View Post
guns+alcohol are a stupid mix anyway.

and the guy may have been creepy, but your girl did the right thing. there are a whole lot of creeps in this world, and a whole lot of women that get scared easily. rushing to violence only causes trouble.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2011, 06:13 AM   #31
Z4-VILLA
Banned
Afghanistan
Rep

seriously though you did the right thing, avoidance is best.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2011, 08:19 AM   #32
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
Rep
Drives: Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregxi View Post
Alcohol was a major contributor to this post.
Ding ding ding...

goes out to purchase a bat with the sole intention of going back to a place to find a guy that looked at him funny...

You guys really need to stop watching movie/taking steroids....

This story happens once a weekend here... but we call the creepy guys, like the one you described, homeless people/drug addicts. They are as harmless as this drunken gentleman you described..

Just because you think you are tough or know you can over power a majority of the population, doesn't mean you need to go out and prove it all the damn time. Grow up...

Second time I am posting in a thread in 4 days about some one wanting to assault another person over some dumb shit...
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2011, 09:19 AM   #33
sk8board511
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 E90-Bikes on bikes on bikes

Hell my gf was driving my car one night and some creepy ass guy came up to the window asking to get in and then tried to. She pulled my .40 out from under the seat and told him to just back away. I'm so Proud
      11-28-2011, 09:55 AM   #34
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
Rep
Drives: Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8board511 View Post
Hell my gf was driving my car one night and some creepy ass guy came up to the window asking to get in and then tried to. She pulled my .40 out from under the seat and told him to just back away. I'm so Proud
As soon as you found out you should have jumped in your car and went to the gas station. Filled up a tank of gas and went looking for the guy. When you found him you should have beat the life out of him and covered him in gasoline and set him on fire! Yeah! That's what I would have done!

brofist.png

in all seriousness... notice how your gf was alert enough and had enough control to pull the gun scare the guy and be done with it... She didn't chase him down the street or do some other dumb shit half the neanderthals on this forum think they would do in that situation...

Good for your GF... she sounds like a keeper.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2011, 10:05 AM   #35
sk8board511
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 E90-Bikes on bikes on bikes

She's Awesome. I was in law enforcement and she would always come to the range with me or training exercises. I have peace of mind when she goes out because I know she can take care of herself and won't go Jersey Shore crazy over nothing.
      11-28-2011, 05:17 PM   #36
ErvGotti
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i 6MT

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.00]
I'm glad I have a CCW just in case shit like this happens

http://fox.daytonsnewssource.com/sha...s/vid_47.shtml

Couldn't find the vid on youtube so I couldn't embed, but crazy shit like this does happen at ramdom times and I've actually experienced it. But as always avoidance is the best remedy and using a firearm should always be a last resort.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2011, 04:12 AM   #37
Vanity
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGP View Post
Ding ding ding...

goes out to purchase a bat with the sole intention of going back to a place to find a guy that looked at him funny...

You guys really need to stop watching movie/taking steroids....

This story happens once a weekend here... but we call the creepy guys, like the one you described, homeless people/drug addicts. They are as harmless as this drunken gentleman you described..

Just because you think you are tough or know you can over power a majority of the population, doesn't mean you need to go out and prove it all the damn time. Grow up...

Second time I am posting in a thread in 4 days about some one wanting to assault another person over some dumb shit...
That's cool you feel this way. He wasn't some guy who was harmless. He tried to start something he shouldn't have, and I'd reason he's the one who has an issue of power and feels the need to prove it everytime. I agree, he needs to grow up. You need to maybe realize I was just enjoying a night out with the girlfriend and having dinner.

Thanks though. This post greatly helped answering whether or not you had shared similar experiences. Awesome contribution, keep it going
      11-29-2011, 09:09 AM   #38
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturbo335 View Post
And I thought California is bad.. Seems like Canada is way worst..
Yeah I also thought CA was bad...

...until I moved to Chicago. Definitely going to take my tax dollars elsewhere soon, and no it's not just about the CCW; this place is so backwards and fucked up. However, if I was a criminal, especially a violent one, there would be few better places in this country to go to so easily prey on law abiding citizens.

OP, are you allowed to carry a bat as a device intended for "self defense" only? I know when I was working as an MP (albeit in this country), we were trained that something like this could be considered a weapon, depending on the intent of the owner. My impression was if you needed the bat for baseball, you were ok (make sure to use it and get some good marks on it, maybe carry at least a glove too). However, if you answered us with the notion that the bat was for self defense, I was under the impression that you could incriminate yourself that way. Same thing with knives; I kept one that was for "utility" and never had an issue, but if that same knife had been for self defense, then I may have had problems.

That being said, this was on a military base in the US, so it probably has nothing to do with the way things are in The Hat, but check it out to make sure carrying a bat for self defense isn't an issue where you are.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2011, 10:01 AM   #39
Bobble
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Whatever POS the wife leaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanity View Post
My Canadian constitution doesn't allow me to bear arms and protect myself. I have to wait for something dangerous to happen, then wait for the cops to come.
Get a rifle, easy to get and have in Canuckistan, used to be in Winterpeg for a bit. Handguns a nono.

Should have thrown a little bit of BC bud out in the street and watch him chase it into oncoming traffic and get hit, not your fault right?
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2011, 11:26 AM   #40
Vanity
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
Yeah I also thought CA was bad...

...until I moved to Chicago. Definitely going to take my tax dollars elsewhere soon, and no it's not just about the CCW; this place is so backwards and fucked up. However, if I was a criminal, especially a violent one, there would be few better places in this country to go to so easily prey on law abiding citizens.

OP, are you allowed to carry a bat as a device intended for "self defense" only? I know when I was working as an MP (albeit in this country), we were trained that something like this could be considered a weapon, depending on the intent of the owner. My impression was if you needed the bat for baseball, you were ok (make sure to use it and get some good marks on it, maybe carry at least a glove too). However, if you answered us with the notion that the bat was for self defense, I was under the impression that you could incriminate yourself that way. Same thing with knives; I kept one that was for "utility" and never had an issue, but if that same knife had been for self defense, then I may have had problems.

That being said, this was on a military base in the US, so it probably has nothing to do with the way things are in The Hat, but check it out to make sure carrying a bat for self defense isn't an issue where you are.
I already checked the Canadian criminal code and just about everything is a weapon. Every in is listed, every knife, baton, club, brass knuckle, pepper spray, nun chucks, and then a line at the end saying any item used as a weapon not intended for its original purpose, so a baseball bat as well.v

But I have it in the back and threw in a baseball cap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobble View Post
Get a rifle, easy to get and have in Canuckistan, used to be in Winterpeg for a bit. Handguns a nono.

Should have thrown a little bit of BC bud out in the street and watch him chase it into oncoming traffic and get hit, not your fault right?
      11-29-2011, 11:28 AM   #41
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobble View Post

#winning

Tell the truth OP - you were in east vancouver weren't you?
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2011, 11:38 AM   #42
oneintheory
no longer a BMW owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Ford Edge Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErvGotti View Post
I'm glad I have a CCW just in case shit like this happens

http://fox.daytonsnewssource.com/sha...s/vid_47.shtml

Couldn't find the vid on youtube so I couldn't embed, but crazy shit like this does happen at ramdom times and I've actually experienced it. But as always avoidance is the best remedy and using a firearm should always be a last resort.
you cannot legally consume liquor at a bar while carrying concealed.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2011, 01:29 PM   #43
Vanity
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post

#winning

Tell the truth OP - you were in east vancouver weren't you?
Oddly enough, no. I was in Downtown core. And the restaurant wasn't a mom and pops chain either, so it took me by surprise that something like that would happen outside a nice restaurant.
      11-29-2011, 01:49 PM   #44
ErvGotti
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i 6MT

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneintheory View Post
you cannot legally consume liquor at a bar while carrying concealed.
I never mentioned carrying at a bar. I know what is leagally allowed and not. I do have my CCW, what I'm trying to show in the vid in the link if you watched it is that crazy/drugged up people can come out of no where. This actually happened at a gas station where the drugged up robber got shot twice by a guy with his CCW and the drugged up guy still ends up going to jail.
Appreciate 0