BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest

09-27-2012, 02:27 PM   #1
Transfer
Major General
Rep
Drives: Bronco Wildtrak, Tesla MYP

Pacific Raceways Fall Fling Oct 13-14

I received this in my email today and thought I'd share:

Quote:
As the season has progressed we have been making some significant plans and changes here at Pacific Raceways to better the experience of everyone who visits our facility. One of those changes pertains to our Test ‘n’ Tune dates. On October 13th and 14th we will be trying a new type of track day called “Taste of the Track” where anyone and everyone can bring their roadworthy car to Pacific Raceways and learn the art of performance driving. We have partnered with Proformance Racing School for this venture who will be providing their instructors, who have more years of racing experience than I can count!

The day will begin with a classroom session given by the Proformance staff to teach you the fundamentals of how to handle your car, and the track, in a high performance environment. After you’ve gained a little knowledge you will be sent out on the prestigious Pacific Raceways road course with one of the Proformance instructors riding shotgun and helping you along the way. There will be many exciting activities to enjoy both in the pits or on the course with new cars on display, door prizes, a catered lunch, as well as rides in the Proformance BMW M3 Track Taxi or Team Seattle GT3 Porsche!

If this event is successful, our remaining Test ‘n’ Tune dates may adopt a similar format to allow drivers with less experience on a track to get involved. Upcoming dates include October 20th, 27th and November 3rd and 10th. Registration is not yet open for these events but will be soon! Like us on Facebook to be the first to know about upcoming events.

Attached is the flyer for the event with more information on what is happening and where to register. If you have any questions please email me back or call the track office where there are several people including myself who are happy to help.

Willis Loveridge
Pacific Raceways
Road Course Manager
Maintenance Manager
Office 253-639-5927
Fax 253-639-3002
I'm a maybe for this at the moment. I still haven't decided if I want to bring my uber expensive car onto a track. My old WRX was one thing, but the M is another.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-27-2012, 03:37 PM   #2
NoM3ForMe
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 Legacy, '07 Kia Sorrento

Hmm... I might come down since I am so close, just to watch cars fly by!
      09-27-2012, 06:56 PM   #3
kerrit
Major
Rep
Drives: Melbourne Red e90 M3

Garage List
2008 E90 M3  [0.00]
2014 M5 CP  [0.00]
I was told that in the State of WA, your car is still covered under insurance at a lapping event as long as it is not timed, as that would indicate racing.

I haven't researched this though.

I really want to do a track day at the ridge.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2012, 10:09 PM   #4
Transfer
Major General
Rep
Drives: Bronco Wildtrak, Tesla MYP

I don't think that is true but I'm certainly no expert on the subject. I thought depended on your insurance company and virtually all of them now say even non timed lapping events aren't covered. I'm not really too worried about myself, but I am worried about others causing me to wreck or hitting me. Well I'm out of this event anyway, I found out I'm working that Saturday.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2012, 11:30 AM   #5
NoM3ForMe
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 Legacy, '07 Kia Sorrento

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfer View Post
I don't think that is true but I'm certainly no expert on the subject. I thought depended on your insurance company and virtually all of them now say even non timed lapping events aren't covered.
I believe this is true. I have a buddy in the Porsche CC and he buys track insurance when he goes to events.
      10-07-2012, 10:37 AM   #6
JPatrick
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.5 E90 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
1998 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfer View Post
I still haven't decided if I want to bring my uber expensive car onto a track. My old WRX was one thing, but the M is another.
I've taken my E90 M3 to Pacific for HPDE events. I highly recommend it. You'll never realize just how capable the car is unless you run it on a track. The only downside is the pounding your street tires take. Next season I'm budgeting for a track wheel/tire set.