BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!

04-08-2009, 11:48 AM   #1
MAZNG
I found Jesus...He was Hiding behiind my Sofa
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 MW F82

Teaser Pics: New Wheels/ Shoes for my 09 E92 M... TRIVIA Qs:

I'm super excited about getting my new wheels since the offsets of my 20" DPE S-10 (phantom Black) won't look right without huge spacers. Which are up for sale BTW.

Anyway, here are some pics I just received... Wheels will be powder coated Satin Black to match the theme of my M (the very rare AW/Red/CF & Black theme) LOL

Specs: F - 20" x 9", R - 20" x 11"

Questions for the all knowing fanatics on here:

What can you tell me about these wheels (besides the name brand)?

Which model do you think they are?

I'm curious to know what you guys think. Before some of you start knocking the pics, Please keep in mind that they have just been cut and have not been finished yet so may be a bit of roughness. They sent these photos to me to show me the progress of my wheels.

Appreciate 0
      04-08-2009, 02:59 PM   #2
ba22
Hello
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 (gone), E90 330i (gone)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAZNG
What can you tell me about these wheels (besides the name brand)?
They are an attempt to be like HRE's Monoblok's.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2009, 03:06 PM   #3
BayerischeMotorenWerke
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: slowly and carefully

I can tell you that they are a HRE P43 ripoff. They do look nice though...post pics when installed.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2009, 03:10 PM   #4
ba22
Hello
United_States
Rep

Look like a mixture of the P40 and P43

http://www.hrewheels.com/wheels/monoblok/bmw/p40/
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2009, 05:17 PM   #5
to_riffic
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: rwd

damn guys, let the guy enjoy his wheels! damn hre bandwagoners, get off their nuts already...

lookin good op. enjoy the wheels!

Appreciate 0
      04-08-2009, 05:24 PM   #6
asp17
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F98 X4M Comp

Damn those are pretty hot. Wonder what they weigh?
      04-08-2009, 05:49 PM   #7
MAZNG
United_States
Rep

Thanks guys.... To Ba22 & bayer... since when did HRE invent and make the 1 pc forged wheel exclusive to them? The design is similar perhaps as a huge majority of the wheels on the market, but if you get your head out your arses long enough to take another look, you too will see that DPE's design is unique to them as all of their other wheel designs.

Regardless, I'm still super ecstatic to be one of the 1st in the country to rock these new shoes from them and look forward to posting pics of the wheels once they are installed along with the weight, specs, etc.

Thanks again for the comments guys
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2009, 06:57 PM   #8
ba22
Hello
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAZNG View Post
Thanks guys.... To Ba22 & bayer... since when did HRE invent and make the 1 pc forged wheel exclusive to them? The design is similar perhaps as a huge majority of the wheels on the market, but if you get your head out your arses long enough to take another look, you too will see that DPE's design is unique to them as all of their other wheel designs.
I need to get my head out of my ass because I'm stating a fact? This has nothing to do with exclusive rights to 1pc forged wheels. If they look similar then they look similar. But I'm sure it was just a coincidence, like Velocity.

I don't know when HRE came out with their 1pc forged wheel but do know they came out with it a few years ago. Obviously they were successful with them so I don't blame these little companies trying to make something similar, do you? Who cares, enjoy them and post pics when they are installed.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2009, 08:34 PM   #9
MAZNG
United_States
Rep

that's the plan
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2009, 09:59 PM   #10
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

LOL at these people who think HRE started the 1 piece forged thing.

Rather amusing.

Quit licking HRE nuts. When they have some racing history, I will give them "nut licking" status like these fanboys.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2009, 02:12 AM   #11
Cab5er
Colonel
China
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 M3 (Sold) 13 A1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ba22 View Post
How does HRE's left nut taste?

OP: Sweet wheels

E90 ///M3/ AW/ Fox Red
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2009, 02:27 AM   #12
ba22
Hello
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cab5er
How does HRE's left nut taste?
I'm straight so I wouldn't know, but feel free to share with everyone what that tastes like. On an actual note, I'm simply pointing out the facts. Does anyone want to put in opposing facts or shall we all continue to act like 16 year olds with the "nut licking" comments?
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2009, 02:31 AM   #13
Tyler McQuarrie
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

DPE ST7 mono

You can send the prize to me in a satin black
      04-09-2009, 02:38 AM   #14
Tyler McQuarrie
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

Quote:
HRE didn't invent the monoblock mesh look. Its been in racing for years and so many companies made this style wheel well before HRE. I think the wheel looks good.
      04-09-2009, 02:40 AM   #15
spyderco10
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW E92 M3 6MT

hmm, since they are 20's, they must be Twenty Inches Strong
- John 3:16
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2009, 02:40 AM   #16
Cab5er
Colonel
China
Rep

Quote:
I'm straight so I wouldn't know, but feel free to share with everyone what that tastes like. On an actual note, I'm simply pointing out the facts. Does anyone want to put in opposing facts or shall we all continue to act like 16 year olds with the "nut licking" comments?
hahaha nice one fanboi. What FACTS are you stating?

E90 ///M3/ AW/ Fox Red
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2009, 03:15 AM   #17
ba22
Hello
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler McQuarrie
HRE didn't invent the monoblock mesh look. Its been in racing for years and so many companies made this style wheel well before HRE. I think the wheel looks good.
You are 100% right. But let's get it clear that I didn't say anything about anybody inventing anything. What I find interesting is that you have a dozen small brands jumping in to make a quick buck off the success of the HRE Monoblok wheels. I haven't seen so much buzz and demand for the monoblock styles since HRE introduced their line up. Also, I wouldn't compare the Neez mesh wheel with the HRE P40 wheel as they don't share similar characteristics like the new DPE wheel (that the OP posted) and the P40 clearly do! Regardless, we are speaking aesthetics only which do not matter much to me anyways. I care more about engineering, unsprung mass, etc. If DPE made a new monoblock wheel that is engineered better than the P40, which I doubt, but if they did, then I give them major props.

Please spare me the "fan boy" comments. I have many favorite wheel brands. HRE is not one of them, although I do think they build great wheels and have owned a few sets of their wheels.

Quote:
hahaha nice one fanboi. What FACTS are you stating?
Thanks keyboard cowboy. Do you even know what you are talking about or are you just trying to boost your post count? And, fanboi? English, please.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2009, 03:34 AM   #18
Cab5er
Colonel
China
Rep

Quote:
You are 100% right. But let's get it clear that I didn't say anything about anybody inventing anything. What I find interesting is that you have a dozen small brands jumping in to make a quick buck off the success of the HRE Monoblok wheels. I haven't seen so much buzz and demand for the monoblock styles since HRE introduced their line up. Also, I wouldn't compare the Neez mesh wheel with the HRE P40 wheel as they don't share similar characteristics like the new DPE wheel (that the OP posted) and the P40 clearly do! Regardless, we are speaking aesthetics only which do not matter much to me anyways. I care more about engineering, unsprung mass, etc. If DPE made a new monoblock wheel that is engineered better than the P40, which I doubt, but if they did, then I give them major props.

Please spare me the "fan boy" comments. I have many favorite wheel brands. HRE is not one of them, although I do think they build great wheels and have owned a few sets of their wheels.

Thanks keyboard cowboy. Do you even know what you are talking about or are you just trying to boost your post count? And, fanboi? English, please.
Guess that would be another fact you are stating? You are so funny. You have no knowledge about these DPEs and you can doubt their engineering?Nice one. You think you can sound like an expert by saying engineering and unsprung mass, etc? Give me a break..

I guess your last resort is to knocking on my English. Sorry, but English is my third language. I never claim to know what I'm talking about, I just find it funny that you think you do. When all you do is contradict yourself.

E90 ///M3/ AW/ Fox Red
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2009, 03:52 AM   #19
ba22
Hello
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Guess that would be another fact you are stating? You are so funny. You have no knowledge about these DPEs and you can doubt their engineering?Nice one. You think you can sound like an expert by saying engineering and unsprung mass, etc? Give me a break..

I guess your last resort is to knocking on my English. Sorry, but English is my third language. I never claim to know what I'm talking about, I just find it funny that you think you do. When all you do is contradict yourself.
Blah blah blah... thanks again. No, I'm not trying to sound like an expert, nor would I consider myself an expert, but I am knowledgeable on the subject from my MANY (10+) years of experience of buying aftermarket wheels. I don't need someone who is clearly not knowledgeable on the subject to dismiss my argument because he/she wants the last word. Go tug on someones else's dick, I could REALLY care less about your third language, whether you think I'm contradicting myself, etc. And no, I don't believe DPE engineers a better wheel than HRE does, sorry. Anybody (other than this guy) want to correct me?
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2009, 07:41 AM   #20
BMWDEMON
Super modder
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 & E46 M3

Who gives a fak....DPE makes a great wheels and I like what they are doing for the OP...the wheel is going to be very nice when it is done! I can't wait for my set which will also be a one off design in finish, not style.

M
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2009, 07:46 AM   #21
MAZNG
United_States
Rep

Busy night you've had on this tread guys... The nut licking comment is funny and BA22 seems upset that he didn't say it first. LOL

"fanboi" is perfectly understandable and when describing a closeted queer as he accused you of being earlier on but that's for another time as you've denied any nut licking knowledge. Go check out www.urbandictionary.com (look up: fanboi). Your picture won't be up there, but it will describe you well enough.

Ba: unless there have been documented testing by legitimate & independent labs, no one can defunct what you "think" of which wheel is engineered better. Owning a few sets of HRE wheels does by no means make you an expert at build quality let alone a company's engineering abilities.

I will give props to HRE for their marketing though, they've been able to convince many (such as yourself) of their superiority enough to have people that are not on their payroll (I assume), to rant, rave, and defend their products well into the night with a complete stranger without any direct knowledge or facts (other than what they've read from their website & brochures).

I'm not knocking HRE in the least. They make a nice product and command respect (especially with their exuberant pricing), but are they the best or better than DPE?... probably not, but who knows - Certainly NOT you.

PS. you seem like a post count hungry infantile yourself. Don't accuse someone of acting like a 16 yo and then knock their spelling/ "English", (which you were wrong about, as well). LOL

Thanks Demon, Cab & Tlyer (your consolation prize is the mail - lol)

and a special thanks to BA for a great laugh this beautiful Thursday morning.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2009, 08:19 AM   #22
MAZNG
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I care more about engineering, unsprung mass, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cab5er View Post
Cab... You couldn't have more correct about this guy. Check out this link and see the very last sentence of the post/ article and you'll see where BA22 gets his "knowledge and expertise"

Appreciate 0