BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!

11-16-2011, 11:22 AM   #1
john_thor
Private
Rep
Drives: e93 M3

Can anyone forward some tires to me or have experience of using a freight forwarder?

I want to order some breyton rims from the tire rack to Europe but unfortunately they cannot deliver them to an address outside the US!

Cody @ tirerack mentioned that they could possibly use a freight forwarder - does anyone have experience of using one?

Alternatively, is there some kind soul in the US that could forward some tyres to me!?
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2011, 04:50 PM   #2
tofunin
Private
Rep
Drives: M3

Might be able to use ups worldwide freight.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2011, 04:56 PM   #3
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

if you want, you can pay them and them ship it to my house

then send me shipping labels to send them to you, with you covering any/all custom fees etc

(this way no real money is exchanged between me and you. you pay TR, they ship to me. You pay for the labels and email them to me)

then you can give me some money and buy me and my girl lunch for my time
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2011, 10:38 AM   #4
john_thor
Private
Rep

I would love to, but then how do I know I can trust you? I ship some merch to your house, and then what...

But then I saw this

http://www.m3post.com/forums/itrader.php?u=68614

lol

I would pm but I need more posts!
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2011, 10:41 AM   #5
john_thor
Private
Rep

one more
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2011, 10:41 AM   #6
john_thor
Private
Rep

and another
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2011, 10:42 AM   #7
john_thor
Private
Rep

Ok now can I pm? please? lol
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2011, 11:49 AM   #8
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by john_thor View Post
Ok now can I pm? please? lol
persian54,

Made you an offer you cannot refuse. persian54 is a nice guy so follow his steps and all will be well.

Take out a one time hotmail e-mail address if you don't like to post your regular address to him. I'm sure he will get in touch with you then. Once he did you can proceed ...

A) Make your purchase including taxes.
B) Have it shipped to him
C) Provide the ship to labels.
D) I recommend you set up a UPS account pay for all the shipping and whatever taxes apply to your area of residence.
E) Pay him for his trouble a nice lunch for 2 in LA I paid $100- including tip.

On second thought with all the nice stuff you can get in Europe why would you even think of doing something like this

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2011, 12:09 PM   #9
john_thor
Private
Rep

+1

Yes he does seem nice! I had a read around on some of his other posts - no worries there. Of course I would do as you say and make it easy + a nice meal!

Why not buy here? Three reasons:

Cost - its seriously expensive here. Would you pay $440 for a tyre? I suspect not. For example the standard winter tyre setup from bmw here is $3600 for a square 235 18" on 270 M sports and michelin PA3s. Would you pay that?

Simplicity - car stuff so some much more developed in the states. If you go to the tyre rack website and search for an e93 m3 its actually there. In europe they don't have it generally. Oh and because I don't speak enough French to order stuff its pointless to try to ring them. What is the french for a lug nut? I've not found that in a dictionary!

Finally, it's more commercial in the states. If you go to tyre fitters and have your own tires and rims they will do it. Here, they will not - "You did not buy it 'ere". If you try waving money under their faces they don't want it! Oh, and all garages do not work on weekends - at all. I'm taking time off to get some tires mounted.

So the tire rack doing all the mounting with the TPS and balancing is just too darn good to pass up. No retailer does that here.

Anyway, I might give up on the idea anyway. Where I live driving with non-winter tyres is not a good idea. It's too cold. And I need the set before the winter holiday or I am screwed. Unfortunately the breyton rims for the rears are not expected in stock until 15 dec, so with the extra delays doing this sort of shipping it could take too long. Unfortunately, the guys at tire rack didn't have any other 19" package possible without spending a lot more money. Shame as I really wanted the black ones.

They do have instead a set of 4 x 235 18 sport edition a7s (no 255 18 tires left) so that is my back stop. They can ship that direct now with no hassle - they are doing the shipping quote now.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2011, 05:33 AM   #10
john_thor
Private
Rep

Breytons will take too long to arrive, so I will go with the A7s in stock. Thanks anyway! :-)
Appreciate 0