BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - California

View Poll Results: Which Bay Area dealer do you recommend?
BMW of Mountain View 3 15.00%
Stevens Creek BMW 5 25.00%
Peter Pan BMW 8 40.00%
BMW of Fremont 4 20.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

11-05-2012, 12:37 AM   #1
Xtopherus
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3

Bay Area dealer service recommendation

Hi everybody,

I know there are a few threads on this already, but they're getting kind of old and none of them have polls to collect votes. I'm getting close to my 1200 mile service (finally) and I'm trying to figure out which dealer fellow members have had the best experience with. Please vote for one of the listed ones if you've had a good experience there, and feel free to comment with the name of your preferred service advisor.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2012, 03:48 AM   #2
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Weatherford?
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2012, 12:44 PM   #3
LimiTed
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Slow

stay away from Peter Pan bmw. The punctured my door panel in front of me and denied blame. took months for bmwna to settle. on top of that because I got my car at Steve Thomas they were being jerks saying how I should be happy that they would help me when I didn't get the car from them. They take days to call back even to schedule an appointment. Roel Vela I believe was my SA. Just the worst. Outright liars.

I've been to Mountain View once for tire insurance replacement. They scratched my comp wheel. SA said they'd take care of it. Seemed nice enough but I don't have a result for that yet.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2012, 11:24 PM   #4
Xtopherus
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 415 View Post
Weatherford?
It's a little far away from where I am. I only listed the ones I'm actually willing to travel for, but if you've had a really good experience please feel free to recount it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimiTed View Post
stay away from Peter Pan bmw. The punctured my door panel in front of me and denied blame. took months for bmwna to settle. on top of that because I got my car at Steve Thomas they were being jerks saying how I should be happy that they would help me when I didn't get the car from them. They take days to call back even to schedule an appointment. Roel Vela I believe was my SA. Just the worst. Outright liars.

I've been to Mountain View once for tire insurance replacement. They scratched my comp wheel. SA said they'd take care of it. Seemed nice enough but I don't have a result for that yet.
This is good info. I'd hate to have that happen to me. Thanks for responding!

Only three votes so far and it's a three-way tie. There must be more members out there who have an opinion one way or another. Don't be shy!
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2012, 11:29 PM   #5
tbone28
vvvvvvvvvvvvvv
United_States
Rep
Drives: ^^^^^

Call Darwin@Sonic. I asked him today who he uses at Stevens Creek. The name slips my mind, but he sends a lot of his customers to this service advisor
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2012, 07:10 AM   #6
cambit
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3 COUPE

I had my 1200 break-in service done at Peter Pan with Kenny Lew. Took about 2 hours. They had a nice waiting room. They didn't screw up the oil change. They didn't take my M3 out for a 50mile joy ride. It was non-eventful, which is what I wanted it to be. Kenny is a nice guy, drives a 1M, so is a fellow enthusiast.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2012, 08:04 AM   #7
dagolfpro
Colonel
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cambit View Post
I had my 1200 break-in service done at Peter Pan with Kenny Lew. Took about 2 hours. They had a nice waiting room. They didn't screw up the oil change. They didn't take my M3 out for a 50mile joy ride. It was non-eventful, which is what I wanted it to be. Kenny is a nice guy, drives a 1M, so is a fellow enthusiast.
Kenny is my SA as well. Great guy. I've recommended others to him as well. No BS.
Mods List: Evolve Exhaust | M Perf Steering Wheel | Tint | Lux | Hardwired V1 | KW V3 | Volshlag CP | Brembo BBK | BBS FI | Yokohama AD08 R| Schroth 4 Point Harness | Challenge GT Diffuser | OEM GTS Wing| GTS Lip| I lied earlier, I wasn't done with mod, but I swear, I'm done now, no more mods...
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2012, 08:08 AM   #8
dagolfpro
Colonel
Taiwan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimiTed View Post

Sorry you had a bad experience there. I think it comes down to who your SA is. I've delt with others at PP and can see why people would avoid them. I've never had an issue with getting appointments. Only problem is that there are sometimes booked a few days out.
Mods List: Evolve Exhaust | M Perf Steering Wheel | Tint | Lux | Hardwired V1 | KW V3 | Volshlag CP | Brembo BBK | BBS FI | Yokohama AD08 R| Schroth 4 Point Harness | Challenge GT Diffuser | OEM GTS Wing| GTS Lip| I lied earlier, I wasn't done with mod, but I swear, I'm done now, no more mods...
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2012, 02:22 PM   #9
LimiTed
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagolfpro View Post
Sorry you had a bad experience there. I think it comes down to who your SA is. I've delt with others at PP and can see why people would avoid them. I've never had an issue with getting appointments. Only problem is that there are sometimes booked a few days out.
Not only that but on my 1200 mile service they shorted me half a quart of oil. I dont mind paying $16 for a quart but when my light comes on 100 miles away from a dealership on a saturday night and I'm forced to put in mobil1 and pay for another oil change I'm not too happy. I dont see how it hits low oil 800 miles after an oil change.

We've been customers of Peter Pan for 15years. This is the first time we purchased a bmw at a different dealership. The service manager Brock along with all the other bullshit from this dealership is unbelievable. I live 5 minutes away and will never go back.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2012, 08:30 PM   #10
TeKNiC3
United_States
Rep
Drives: E39 M5 | F87 M2cs

Erin Wright @ Stevens Creek BMW has been great with all the times I have worked with her.
      11-09-2012, 03:53 AM   #11
Mahhvinn
EUROPROJEKTZ
United_States
Rep
Drives: backwards

Garage List
2008 E90 335i  [7.00]
I've had nothing but great experiences with BMW of Fremont. If you do decide to go, get Nick Lal as your SA and let him know that Marvin referred you. Awesome guy and takes care of you with everything.

#TeamStretchNPoke
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2012, 12:05 PM   #12
flpnout
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 Dinan S3 Z4-35i

Garage List
2010 E89 Z4  [7.83]
East Bay BMW - John Carter
      11-09-2012, 12:28 PM   #13
JZBE92
I poop at work to save money on toilet paper.
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3 SOLD, FR-S Monogram

Kenny Lew at Peter Pan or Gary Wilson at Mountain View. Both know their shit and will take care of you.
2012 JZB E92 M3 Coupe. DCT/ZCP. Paint Match IND Cosmetic Package, Arkym Bumper, Verstrabe Paddles, LUX Angel Eyes, Vorsteiner double sided CF CSL trunk lid, Evolve Valve Exhaust, 19x9.5 et 21, 19x10.5 et 22 TE37 SL Pressed Graphite
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2012, 05:36 PM   #14
dagolfpro
Colonel
Taiwan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZBE92 View Post
Kenny Lew at Peter Pan or Gary Wilson at Mountain View. Both know their shit and will take care of you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by e924u
Hey there!

I'm a new e92 owner and I was browsing the forums, noticed you're from the bay area. Had a quick question for you:
where do you take your m3 for service? And are you happy with that dealer?
Maybe I'm paranoid but I don't want some monkey peeling out in my car or messing around with it Ferris Beuller style. Still have 1000 miles to go before my break in though

Thanks in advance!
Welcome to the M world and m3post.com. I go to Kenny Lew @ Peter Pan in Burlingame. I've know him for almost 10 years and he's a fellow M5 & 1M owner. Tell him I sent you. I've sent many guys on the forums to him and all have been super happy with him. Just need to book at least a week out as they are super busy.

Let me know if you want to go for a weekend drive after your 1200 service.

-Ren
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2012, 05:55 PM   #15
e924u
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 AW E92

Thank you so much Ren!
I can't wait to go for a ride after break in! LOVE THE M3
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2012, 03:02 AM   #16
Xtopherus
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

I should probably update this thread. Given that Peter Pan and Stevens Creek are tied in the polls at this time, I took tbone's advice and called the guys at Sonic to get their recommended advisor over at Stevens Creek. They gave me Justin Carlos' name, and I set up a service appointment with him on Friday.

Everything went well and the M3 only had about 10 miles put on it despite the fact that they had some trouble getting the oil sensor to give a reading. Justin sent me home with a quart of oil but the reading today shows it right at full, so I guess they put in the proper amount. He also arranged a brand new 328i coupe to get me around while the M3 was in for service.

I'd like to thank everybody who responded to the poll, and please feel free to keep on voting and posting so that future owners find this useful as well.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2014, 04:47 PM   #17
MorningSleeper
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 e92 M3 DCT SGM

Been a couple years, any updates on recommended service advisors in Bay Area? Looks like Gary Wilson at Mountain View is a service manager now and I don't see Justin Carlos's name listed on the Stevens Creek web site anymore.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2014, 05:15 PM   #18
dagolfpro
Colonel
Taiwan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorningSleeper View Post
Been a couple years, any updates on recommended service advisors in Bay Area? Looks like Gary Wilson at Mountain View is a service manager now and I don't see Justin Carlos's name listed on the Stevens Creek web site anymore.
Justin's at Fremont BMW along with Nick Lal
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2014, 05:30 PM   #19
MorningSleeper
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 e92 M3 DCT SGM

thanks for the update, glad to hear Justin is still available.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2014, 05:34 PM   #20
dagolfpro
Colonel
Taiwan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorningSleeper View Post
thanks for the update, glad to hear Justin is still available.
Both are great guys. Nick has been around longer.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2014, 12:19 AM   #21
Boo-E
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 E90 M3 ZCP DCT AW

+1 Kenny at Peter Pan. He's awesome and a huge ///M fan. He has a 1M and an E39 M5. He's always taken care of me above and beyond my expectations.