BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

01-02-2016, 12:49 AM   #23
777eThOd*
///BMW Enthusiast
Rep
Drives: 11 VF650 M3

M3 way more classy. I have a VF 620 kit on mine and have killed many C6Z.. and I live in Houston and the racing scene is big down here these cars are no joke lol.. especially the CTS-V's and GT-R's. Nice car man, you will enjoy it a lot. I'm sure you'll miss that LS though haha!
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2016, 05:19 PM   #24
davesaddiction
is fast cars
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 M3 6MT SSII BPM Stg II

Congrats! Thanks for the insight vs. the C5Z and C6Z.

Not sure if I'll ever part with this car...
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2016, 03:06 PM   #25
Eliminator 429
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Shelby GT350 Evo IX

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Very cool, best of luck with your new M3!
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2016, 05:33 PM   #26
nicksm3
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: e92 m3 Competition

Congrats, I did the same move 1.5 years ago from a c6 Z06 to my e92 m3 and I'm glad I made the transition!
Do a BLACKSTONE oil analysis and take it from there
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2016, 06:11 PM   #27
Prince_of_Persia
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 6MT E92 M3

Congrats. The car looks great.

Did you consider the new C7 Z06? If you did, why did you still choose M3 over that? Interior and build issues or because of M3's practicality?
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2016, 07:08 PM   #28
TapOut
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: ESS E92 | LSB E46 | DG G80 X

Interesting, I did the same thing about a year ago. I don't know how you had your Z setup, but my Z got a LOT more attention than my M3. Which I obviously don't care about, but most people can't even tell the difference between an M or any other regular 3 series. Especially here in the bay area where every other car is some sort of BMW.

I do miss the brute power, torque and handling....but this car with some mods is an amazing "jack of all trades" vehicle. I was actually going to upgrade to a C7 Z, but the over heating and tuning issues turned me off until GM can get all that sorted. In the meantime I'll use the e92 to build my skills at the track and enjoy the awesome balance this car has.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2016, 08:19 PM   #29
Z06Mike
Rep
Drives: Corvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777eThOd* View Post
M3 way more classy. I have a VF 620 kit on mine and have killed many C6Z.. and I live in Houston and the racing scene is big down here these cars are no joke lol.. especially the CTS-V's and GT-R's. Nice car man, you will enjoy it a lot. I'm sure you'll miss that LS though haha!
I'm interested in supercharging it later on if I keep it. I do miss the torque of the LS sometimes that's for sure. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicksm3 View Post
Congrats, I did the same move 1.5 years ago from a c6 Z06 to my e92 m3 and I'm glad I made the transition!
Do a BLACKSTONE oil analysis and take it from there
Yeah, I'm going to be taking care of the rod bearing issue this month hopefully either with buying a third party warranty or just paying outright for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_of_Persia View Post
Congrats. The car looks great.

Did you consider the new C7 Z06? If you did, why did you still choose M3 over that? Interior and build issues or because of M3's practicality?
I think the C7 Z06 is great but it's just way out of my price range. It will hopefully be my next car in a few years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TapOut View Post
Interesting, I did the same thing about a year ago. I don't know how you had your Z setup, but my Z got a LOT more attention than my M3. Which I obviously don't care about, but most people can't even tell the difference between an M or any other regular 3 series. Especially here in the bay area where every other car is some sort of BMW.

I do miss the brute power, torque and handling....but this car with some mods is an amazing "jack of all trades" vehicle. I was actually going to upgrade to a C7 Z, but the over heating and tuning issues turned me off until GM can get all that sorted. In the meantime I'll use the e92 to build my skills at the track and enjoy the awesome balance this car has.
I've had a few of them the C6Z got attention but I don't just didn't feel like it got as much.

The C7Z is sick, hopefully I can get one in a few years. I'll be taking my M3 out to the track once I get the bearings sorted.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2016, 12:44 AM   #30
JD3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 e92 M3, DCT.

Love it, looks great. Some unsolicited advice, depending on whether you plan to track much, you may want to upgrade the brakes if your spending the money. Probably the biggest weakpoint on the track imho. I've been super happy it my StopTech setup.
Appreciate 0