BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

01-23-2012, 02:07 PM   #419
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
And the plot thickens.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2012, 02:22 PM   #420
Black Gold
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

Or it's a person with 2 posts and is a troll
      01-23-2012, 02:29 PM   #421
whats77inaname
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: when at all possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyPowers View Post

Yeah, b/c he did say he owned his own shop....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPoweredAuto View Post
As stated before, I have an extensive background in the automotive field, especially in BMW. I am a shop owner and if me just saying I would have handled things differently if it were my kit isn't enough, I encourage you to please see the type of operation I run, where clearly we take care of our customers and they share their positive responses in abundance http://www.google.com/maps/place?q=i...21393750738448

Do I expect everyone to do business as I do? No. Would it be nice? Yes.
And from the shop's page http://www.importmotorwerks.com/jordan-russ

Quote:
At the age of 10, Jordan grew a strong fascination for building and racing radio controlled cars. This gave him a unique perspective into vehicle control and dynamics at a young age. By 16 Jordan had transferred this knowledge into working on and modifying real cars. After working with multiple automotive repair facilities as a service advisor, and a BMW race team, Jordan started growing tired of many of the misguided ethics his employers used and decided it was time to venture out on his own to make a change for the better. In October 2007 Jordan founded the shop as a one man show. In order to handle the demand, the shop has now grown to 9 full time people, who exhibit the traits he originally set out to instill.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2012, 02:30 PM   #422
Jaypod
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Frozen M3, AM V8V, 991 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyPowers View Post

Saw this on another forum - not quite put this way by someone else not related to the company. I assume that since Jordan removed his sig this must be a new development. Smart by the company to make this statement, but doesnt really change things until we get some sort of truth or closure to the allegations. Hopefully soon. Wish Jordan wouldn't play games and just come forward with proof if he really has it.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2012, 02:32 PM   #423
chris s
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2022 Dravit G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypod View Post
While you seem to want to bash AA there are two sides to the story - and mentioned by others OP isn't helping himself out here. I personally just want to see what the truth is which we may never know. I have an interest since I have an AA kit and want to know if their kit caused an issue. I am a fanboy of nothing or no one, I buy things with my own money and want to know if there is a legitimate concern. I track my car and have put the kit through it's paces and don't have any issues currently. If there is an issue I will be calling AA myself. I dont see any reason to based on the info I have seen thus far. I make decisions on fact not emotion.

The OP did mention that he tried to work it out with AA first and didn't so this is why this thread exists so it seems plausible.

REALLY? Please show me one post where i seem to want to BASH AA? I tend to believe the OP simply b/c i realize AA has a lot more to lose here than the OP has to gain. That said, I too would like to find out what really happened solely for information gathering. No matter what is determined...ultimately the OP can only expose information...he will not gain monetarily. AA's disclaimer pretty much prevents that entirely.
2008 AW e92 M3 6MT, ESS SC, BBS LM's...SOLD!
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2012, 02:35 PM   #424
chris s
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2022 Dravit G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMWNC View Post
Jordan Russ is no longer affiliated with Import Motor Werks.

The views, opinions, positions or strategies expressed by Jordan Russ and those providing comments are his alone, and do not reflect the views, opinions, positions or strategies of Import Motor Werks or any employee thereof. Import Motor Werks makes no representation as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.
Wow...holy written by an attorney!!!
2008 AW e92 M3 6MT, ESS SC, BBS LM's...SOLD!
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2012, 02:43 PM   #425
US///M3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 1973 Jensen Interceptor

Here's a video of the 92 catastrophic engine failure at sebring. (Shown toward the end of the vid)
I wonder if the OP or drew's engine failure looked like that? Jst curious.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2012, 02:44 PM   #426
m33
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 VT650 MCB Individual

I'm just saying he is being calm about it , but it does seem Active didn't hold up to something to make him do what he's doing but in any event I would like to see ye outcome of the cause ..
Quote:
Originally Posted by SehrSchnell View Post
Yes, but it seems to me that the OP is now stalling. If you start a thread and accuse a vendor (a year later that is) you need to have your shit together to back up your claim. Every time we ask for hard evidence things get delayed.... pregnant wife, traveling, now he is on the west coast, etc...

I'm not implying that this is not all true, but if you start a thread like this one, you better have your ammo lined up and ready to go.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2012, 03:19 PM   #427
US///M3
Banned
Rep

This thread has more twists and turns than a well written soap. Hahahaha
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2012, 03:26 PM   #428
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3,G20 330ix,F22 240iX,F82

Quote:
I'm also still waiting to see a screen shot of the original freeze-frame AA pulled... and not an altered text file with typos. You gotta admit, that's pretty weak...

To the OP: You also haven't provided us with the promised proof, data, info... call it what you want.
I'd be surprised if AA can produce a screen shot of the freeze-frame data because that would require the DME to be connected to the tool used to read the data, correct?

Yes OP, still waiting for real proof that shows without a doubt the AA SC caused your engine failure.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2012, 03:32 PM   #429
IMG
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 Track car,Ess E90 M3 DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by US///M3 View Post
Here's a video of the 92 catastrophic engine failure at sebring. (Shown toward the end of the vid)
I wonder if the OP or drew's engine failure looked like that? Jst curious.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2012, 03:36 PM   #430
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by whats77inaname View Post
Yeah, b/c he did say he owned his own shop....
On another forum IMWNC stated as of two weeks ago Jordan Russ is no longer the owner...
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2012, 03:39 PM   #431
frenchM3dreamer
Captain
Rep
Drives: 08 Mitsu Eclipse Spyder GTP

who needs Cable TV when you have this thread to watch / read all day?...
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2012, 03:40 PM   #432
whats77inaname
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: when at all possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarnes View Post
On another forum IMWNC stated as of two weeks ago Jordan Russ is no longer the owner...
Wait.....whu....? Other forums exist?
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2012, 03:43 PM   #433
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by whats77inaname View Post
Wait.....whu....? Other forums exist?
Yeah, go figure
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2012, 04:26 PM   #434
Singletrack
4th down; 4th quarter? Renegade.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3; 19 FG M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPoweredAuto View Post
Andrew,

You have gone through great lengths to slander my character in your responses. Please understand that I respect your stance as you are protecting the company you represent.*

However... I can no longer stand by and allow this to continue so I hope you understand this is not personal. Andrew, you have been there for ~2 months, please have someone with first hand experience come forward.*

The freeze frame data you provided is sketchy at best, the data in is text format and it has been altered (confirmed by other members). I would also like to know why the freeze frame data was never mentioned to me before? Nor is there a screen shot to prove authenticity of said freeze frame data...*

Earlier you posted that my car has been the one and only failure...*

Please come forward with the truth behind at least these two cars

LOL.

This is the definition of blackmail. Guaranteed he would drop it if he gets his money.

A little excerpt from a Florida law site:

"Blackmail - Blackmail is extortion by threatening an additional person's reputation or organization with the disclosure of harmful or secret information that would be damaging to that person if released."

You do realize that what you are doing is illegal right Jordan?
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2012, 07:06 PM   #435
MPoweredAuto
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: e36, e46, e90 M3's

What I am doing is essentially a review of my experience dealing with a company. I have shared information publicly, as is my right, of my customer service experience.

If AA stepped up to the plate and reimbursed me for my loss, I would clearly state that for everyone to know. Fact is, they aren't.

At least I have the willingness not to hide this problem anymore. I have made my contact information readily available. I stand for what I feel is right, and soon enough the hidden cover ups will be revealed.

As promised, I will post up this evening when I arrive home. I am currently on a plane using wi-fi.

Not that it is relevant, as I was the sole spokesperson dealing with AA, but for MY involvement with Import Motor Werks; I just sold this company from being 100% owner and founder. I am proud to have built this company and reputation from ground up and wish nothing but the best for it and it's employees. Anything that I have stated at this point should not be construed as a decision made by IMW.

I believe I asked a very good question to Andrew. Maybe he or someone else at AA would like to elaborate about those 2 cars I specified.

Thank you all and will be back with some supporting evidence shortly.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2012, 07:11 PM   #436
MPoweredAuto
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: e36, e46, e90 M3's

And singletrack,

I would NOT drop it if they paid me now. I would make it very understandable that I had to play hardball to get them to accept their mistakes, but my integrity is worth more than 25k.

I know everyone on here thinks I am some loose cannon deliberately attacking an innocent and reputable company, but I assure you that is not the case.

I am working to get better data for everyone and refocus this thread based on factual true information and less of the emotional back and firths, which to most has become quite entertaining.

Thank you and I will post back shortly.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2012, 07:18 PM   #437
frenchM3dreamer
Captain
Rep
Drives: 08 Mitsu Eclipse Spyder GTP

here in Canada, we call it small claims court, not online forum...
not taking sides, but you would have had a much faster response from AA (one way or the other) by going to court... here, you can claim up to $25k, and dont need a lawyer...

i'm guessing AA dont get all of their business through online forum members, and even still, people will read numerous great reviews vs. one bad experience, and buy their kit anyway...
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2012, 07:20 PM   #438
Jaypod
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Jordan - did you buy your car new? Ever had any issues or warranty work done to it prior to the supercharger install? Since you say it wasn't a money shift maybe it would be helpful to understand what happened to your car if you could post up your cars service history. (or maybe you could provide your vin etc to someone who could pull it and scan it for authenticity purposes - so we know it was tampered with). This would just confirm to everyone that your car was without issue before the supercharger. Anyways - just a thought.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2012, 07:32 PM   #439
Jaypod
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
+1
Agreed. But how about we deal with Jordan's car first and maybe he can answer our questions and stop diverting them.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2012, 07:42 PM   #440
US///M3
Banned
Rep

Some people create their own problems. You take a great car turn it into a nightmare so you can be half a second faster at the dragstrip.
I know a guy who spent 3 grand on an exhaust that sounded raspy,tiny as hell but he convinced himself that it sounded better than stock even though people at an autocross said his car sounded odd.
Appreciate 0