BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

Mporium BMW

09-06-2009, 11:05 AM   #1
firewired
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 M3 Sdn

Single ply ceramic tints?

I am a longtime use of Huper Optik ceramic tints having put it on four of my cars over the years. Living in Texas I really appreciate the heat reduction. One thing that I had noticed, but assumed it was a reality of the ceramic technology was the slight distortion that you can see at night when light shines through the rear window.

From a number of the tint forums I have been reading that that optical light distortion is from having to adhere two separate layers of ceramic film with a layer of adhesive in the middle. There have been a lot of posts about the ceramic tint manufacturing process having now progressed to the point that they no longer have to take two sheets of the product and glue them together, and can make a single layer ceramic film. There are a number of manufacturers that make a single ply product. I have been reading about Madico Advanced Ceramic which advertises their single ply product as having optical clarity / high definition visibility along with a high heat rejection. Huper has apparently not switched over and continues to make a 2 ply product. I was considering trying the Madico ceramic but was wondering if anyone had tried any of these single ply ceramic products?

Thanks much.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2009, 12:20 PM   #2
JCtx
Major General
Rep
Drives: No BMW yet

Interesting info. I need to tint my car (I'm in hot TX too), and was going to go with 3M ceramic tint because supposedly it doesn't interfere with radio reception or CA/alarm range. Will do a bit more research before pulling the trigger. Thanks.
Appreciate 0