BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

BPM
Closed Thread

05-24-2011, 09:38 PM   #133
sales@ESSTuning
Rep
Drives: ESS M3 / M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean@ActiveAutowerke View Post
Um... Okay...

Tact anyone...?
noun /takt/ 

Adroitness and sensitivity in dealing with others or with difficult issues
- the inspector broke the news to me with tact and consideration
Guess I wont be seeing you at One Lap... On the track... Be safe on the street out there.
Jean

If you would like to run your car on a private track against ours PM me and I will arrange the details.

Taza

I have no idea why you are posting one off custom built turbo dyno's of your E46 M3 in a thread discussing E9X M3 products but whatever makes you feel good I guess Your car makes a lot of power, congrats.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 09:41 PM   #134
IMG
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 Track car,Ess E90 M3 DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ@ESS View Post
You've been driving your car much these last few years after Turbo conversion? How many blown engines have you been through again?
Let me take a guess ?
3 built motors
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 09:45 PM   #135
m33
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 VT650 MCB Individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazam3 View Post
Im seriously having the best entertainment tonight! Why post that graph, doesn't even come close to mine. Since you love posting who has higher Hp numbers, guess I win this time huh AJ? No fake or other car's dyno's here..

Anyone can huh? Like you? No buddy, you cant because you haven't. I didnt want a limited power car (on a stock ecu), I wanted big power! And the fact that AA did it all is way more then I can speak about your unprofessional cocky ass.
Taz I do sence you're a cool cat but I have to disagree with you here , what AJ Is claiming is completely 100% legit for what the topic is about , recap ..... This is about supercharged E9x M3's and ESS simply has the best priced kit that puts out the most power with out blowing any Motors and moderate boost levels !
AA in my book has the worst figures thus far still early to tell, also with a lot of use less parts like 2 additional band aid bypass/blow off valves where as the 90% of forced induction cars use only one it's not like they have a secret mirical tune cause there figures say differently, Gintani from what I've seen and heard pretty much blew motors left and right with too much high boost , so it's safe to say AJ is by far one of the best tuners for this plate form so I think Omar Jean should get off his nuts at this point cause they are pushing him to stand by his product and make them look like fools , I would do the same if someone told me and orange has vitamin D ... Get my drift .....
With all this being said we shall see how AA 625 kit stacks up to ESS's 625 kit
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 09:45 PM   #136
IMG
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Ashjob you will always be the same unprofessional rude person you have always been. If anyone is on payroll's its a few people on this board, and one VERY big one that doesn't post here anymore... Keep on using manipulative dyno charts buddy! Nobody will forget that!
Does that person got a name ??
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 09:57 PM   #137
tazam3
Private
Rep
Drives: Turbo M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by img View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ@ESS View Post
You've been driving your car much these last few years after Turbo conversion? How many blown engines have you been through again?
Let me take a guess ?
3 built motors
Lmao! My car has NEVER EVER blown a motor. Even with nitrous as an AA supercharger on the stock motor. Nice attempt tho, since ESS couldn't come up with a better number had to try a low blow. Didn't work though.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 10:15 PM   #138
AJ@ESS
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E60 M5

Quote:
Lmao! My car has NEVER EVER blown a motor. Even with nitrous as an AA supercharger on the stock motor. Nice attempt tho, since ESS couldn't come up with a better number had to try a low blow. Didn't work though.
That is not what people that know you say. Anyway, a one off custom turbo project with stand alone ECU is nothing we are interested in doing or even use as a reference. If you want to talk hi-power, one off turbo builds, you should check out VS Motor in Norway, they make your M3 look very tame. Point is, once you go stand alone all the rules have changed and things suddenly become very easy. Simply bolt in strong enough internals and a massive turbo/fuel system and the rest is cake.

On the E46 M3 stock ECU platform we did hold the Nürburgring track record for 4yrs with a off-the-shelf production VT2 kit (w/liquid-to-air IC for those interested). I would be very surprised if you could even make it one lap around the ring in your car.

Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 10:21 PM   #139
tazam3
Private
Rep

Keep on the bs AJ. Youre too funny! Keep on the excuses bc u can't photoshop a 1000hp dyno chart.

I've done this before and I'm not doing it again. Manipulate some more dyno's and blame it on a new employee lmao! Later AJ.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 10:25 PM   #140
mindless.spades
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by akh23456 View Post
And reality should set in when your stage 1 535 kit that puts up more hp than me can't even break 120 mphs?
To be fair, that probably has more to due with driver error (mine) than the vehicle. Yes, I did terribly... I've been getting that all day from people who saw my results.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 11:06 PM   #141
m33
Banned
United_States
Rep

Mindless are you dct or MT? There is a good 5 mph in that alone
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 11:16 PM   #142
jeff@autocouture
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: 2002 E53 X5 4.6is

Quote:
Originally Posted by m33 View Post
hes mt
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 11:18 PM   #143
m33
Banned
United_States
Rep

Omar, Jean,

In the previous test, Active asked they not run without meth on 91 octane. *In this thread, you've said that it's perfectly fine to run stage-2 without meth on 91 octane. *Are you saying they have your permission to run the next test with and without meth so the public can see the difference?

In this thread, you brought up the heat-soak discussion yourself. *What are your opinions of letting them run the same heat soak test they ran on the ESS car?

Finally, will you commit to making all of your DRF files available for every dyno run, just as these guys did with theirs?
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 11:19 PM   #144
mindless.spades
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by m33 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studntloan View Post
hes mt
Yup 6MT
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 11:21 PM   #145
jeff@autocouture
Rep

Drives: 2002 E53 X5 4.6is

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindless.spades View Post
Yup 6MT
i like your car, looks sick
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 11:28 PM   #146
m33
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindless.spades View Post
Yup 6MT
Dude don't sweat it there is a 5mph difference between two regardless of driver error but practice makes perfect , if you end up trapping 122+ consider that really solid !
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2011, 02:11 AM   #147
Green-Eggs
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Why aren't people asking...Who has better customer service? What's the warranty like between Active Autowerke vs ESS (alphabetical order)? Who produces more useable horsepower? The most power where the engine revs normally are.

The Loaded BMW ran that time after a suspension change to KW coilovers, it wasn't the power alone. The driver gained almost 20 seconds or maybe more if I remember correctly, it's been awhile. Active Autowerke supports KW. What does that mean?

Stroker motors are great. Supercharged motors are great. Turbos are something else. To me, they each accel in their own right depending on the situation.

F40 is air to air & mid engine...what does that mean? Ferrari uses naturally aspirated motors after that.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2011, 02:14 AM   #148
tazam3
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green-Eggs View Post
Why aren't people asking...Who has better customer service? What's the warranty like between Active Autowerke vs ESS (alphabetical order)? Who produces more useable horsepower? The most power where the engine revs normally are.

The Loaded BMW ran that time after a suspension change to KW coilovers, it wasn't the power alone. The driver gained almost 20 seconds or maybe more if I remember correctly, it's been awhile. Active Autowerke supports KW. What does that mean?

Stroker motors are great. Supercharged motors are great. Turbos are something else. To me, they each accel in their own right depending on the situation.

F40 is air to air & mid engine...what does that mean? Ferrari uses naturally aspirated motors after that.

You are a smart man...
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2011, 02:37 AM   #149
TheKosherStogie
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 M3 DCT AW/Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green-Eggs View Post

Solid!!!!!

Side note, I believe AA now gives a 3 year warranty on their SC kit which is pretty cool and shows they stand behind their product. I only hear amazing things about ESS with their customer service, same for AA. So let the customers make up their mind. It's only bad for the companys and the customers with threads that get nasty.
BW C13 - 1:57:2
ACS - 1:49:6
WSIR - 1:30:6
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2011, 02:56 AM   #150
tazam3
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD View Post
Solid!!!!!

Side note, I believe AA now gives a 3 year warranty on their SC kit which is pretty cool and shows they stand behind their product. I only hear amazing things about ESS with their customer service, same for AA. So let the customers make up their mind. It's only bad for the companys and the customers with threads that get nasty.
Is your car manual or DCT?
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2011, 03:25 AM   #151
biglare
Bulldog
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW & Porsche

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brosef View Post
as one of the ESS owners who tracks, I can vouch for the fact that the ESS cooling system works perfectly. while I don't have a gauge to measure IAT's, I do monitor water temp and this car does an exceptional job of shedding heat from hard track use.

I would also add, more specifically to Roman's first point above, that the placement of the intake has a considerable effect on IAT's. one of the biggest draws of the ESS system for me was the placement of the air filter to draw air from outside the engine bay.

in any case, you can have intellectual debates over the merits of air/water or air/air cooling, but all that matters for us is which is more effective in a the e9x M3 application. Roman has posted plenty of information before on IAT's relative to ambient temp - those are the numbers that count.
+1 I have run my ESS E90 M3 at several track events and never had an overheating issue. All temps are exactly on par with other N/A E9x M3's on the same track! In fact, several instructors have driven my car on the track and are continuously impressed by the power and that all temps are normal after hard track sessions. I cannot wait for the next track event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SehrSchnell View Post
I want some!

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90///M3` View Post
wow... this thread blew up!
Yup!

GTS
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2011, 03:45 AM   #152
LV-E92M3
Lieutenant
Afghanistan
Rep
Drives: Donkey

E92 M3 DCT/ESS VT-575/FABSPEED hfc's/AE exhaust/BBS LM 19'/ KW CS/RD sways/STOPTECH TK/ RECARO PP /BMW PSW/WIECHERS SPORT roll cage/CF parts that covers the back seat/VRS hood/bumper/csl trunk/diffuser type 2/CF:mirror cap/side & front grills
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2011, 04:42 AM   #153
IMG
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Keep on the bs AJ. Youre too funny! Keep on the excuses bc u can't photoshop a 1000hp dyno chart.

I've done this before and I'm not doing it again. Manipulate some more dyno's and blame it on a new employee lmao! Later AJ.
seriously tho,ive never met u but i heard that ur getting a 3rd built .hey,theres nothing wrong about that since u cant get it tunned,keep chassing power and with a standalone ECU ur ABS,SRS AND ETC................ wont work.
trust me when i say this,if i wanted a 1000+ HP i wouldve got a Mustang that will make ur E46 looks like it goin in reverse with the cute 1000hp 680tq.and if u dont believe me,bring it by and u might learn a lesson or two.

Last edited by IMG; 05-25-2011 at 04:48 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2011, 05:24 AM   #154
TheKosherStogie
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 M3 DCT AW/Red

Quote:
Is your car manual or DCT?
Dont have m3, was Dct.
BW C13 - 1:57:2