BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW

02-04-2011, 02:03 AM   #155
esquire
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Dakar Yellow M3, 2018 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPINE6SPD View Post
Great color combination but you my friend have major issues. You must have no stress in your life to worry this much about a stupid car. You should really seek professional help as just from the way you talk and describe your trip you can tell your very cocky and self centered. I gues you do your job perfectly and never make a mistake with the way you seem to criticize everyone. Also what is with the complaining about money spent on the trip? You apparently have plenty of moeny so why complain about the cost of gas or food. Maybe you should have not spent so much money on options and saved it for having fun. I dont know how you could ever be a happy person with how crazy you sounded in this post. I am amazed that I am the only one to notice this or better yet have the balls to call you out on it. Best of luck with the car but you need an attitude adjustment BIG TIME.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark's M View Post

Now last time I got into a battle of words with someone on the forum I got censured by a moderator - and deserved it. To avoid this happening again, I will agree with you. .
Then let me step in for you.

Alpine, is it that time of a month again for you? Go grab a midol and a tampon, and stfu.

[ESS VT2-625] [Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust] [KW Clubsports] [OSS Angel Eyes] [Revinora r-CRT Lip]
[Vorsteiner Boot] [Challenge Race Diffuser] [See the Build Thread HERE]
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2011, 08:13 AM   #156
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
What the heck is this?? It's O.K. everyone, he must have had a bad day at the dealership.
+1 Or some other misfortune. ALPINE has always been a little hard edged in my experience, but not completely irrational like this. This post just defies all reason. Can't imagine a rational explanation for a BMW salesman to go on record like that being so hostile toward a clearly very enthusiastic BMW customer. He's gotta be under big stress.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2011, 01:56 AM   #157
half man half amazin
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 430 Gran Coupe

Excellent write up!!!!! I read from start to finish, and made me feel as if I was actually there with you! Very well written, thanks for sharing you experience!!!
Btw your car is so freakin hot!!! That color Combo is original and stunning to say the least!!! Congrats.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2011, 10:53 AM   #158
ALPINE6SPD
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 328i Sport

Quote:
What the heck is this?? It's O.K. everyone, he must have had a bad day at the dealership.

Now last time I got into a battle of words with someone on the forum I got censured by a moderator - and deserved it. To avoid this happening again, I will agree with you. Everything you've said is true. I don't know how I've lived with myself all these years and probably don't deserve the M3. I apologize and will be seeking the professional help you suggest. I appreciate your candor but am having a heck of a time trying to remember where we've met or how much time we've spent together for you to have formed such a strong opinion about my character. Oh well, not to worry. It'll come to me I'm sure.

To all of you truly wonderful BMW guys who've inspired me and made M3 ownership a family-sort of affair, to those I've met personally or spoken with on the forum and have or will read this expose of the "real me".....I'm sorry for misleading you. Ohhh....hell....I'm lying. Truth is, it's all about me and always has been. Guess that's the "self centred" side coming out. Sorry 'bout that.

Lastly, Alpine6spd whoever you are - KISS MY ASS That would be my "cocky" side if you were wondering.
I am not having a bad day. I was just saying that you really must have no stress in your life to worry about a front rim that BMW made not being wide enough for you. Or OMG I might get a scratch on my car. My point is if you read you ramblings about your delivery you seem to complain and worry about such insignificant things. Its a CAR not a human being or a child or someone you love and who cares if it gets wet or wasnt waxed perfectly?

I am crazy about keeping my car clean aslo but I dont get to the point of where I sound like a crazy person because of it. Look around you in the world and realize how insignificant you are (as well as I am am) and espically how insignifact your car and car purchase is. Its not just you and I maybe went overboard on you without really knowing you as a person which I do apologize for but I am just so tired of seeing people get caught up in worry about minor things when there is so much real stuff going on in most people lives. I guess your lucky because you dont have any issues or stress in your life apparently because you have made this car create that in your life. Its one thing to be anal its another to be obseesive about an inaniment object like you are IN MY OPINION.

I love your car and what you have dont to it and as an entusiast I applaud what you have done because to me eveything was done right and it looks awseome. I was to harsh and did sound like an ahole and for that I apologize. I just want you to realize that yo may be a going a little overboard about a European Delivery M3. Its more of just the attitude in the way you write about your experiences that was the put off to me. I wish you the best with the car and hope it stays perfect and never gets scratched or in an accident but if it does you just need to breath relax and realize it reall is not a big deal.
2008 AW X3 3.0si: 6 speed Returned
2006 AW e90 330i: 6 speed Dinan Stage 1 Returned
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2011, 10:59 AM   #159
ALPINE6SPD
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 328i Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
+1 Or some other misfortune. ALPINE has always been a little hard edged in my experience, but not completely irrational like this. This post just defies all reason. Can't imagine a rational explanation for a BMW salesman to go on record like that being so hostile toward a clearly very enthusiastic BMW customer. He's gotta be under big stress.
Wrong. I am a little hard edged when people get crazy about stuff on here or post stuff that is completly out of line. I am not afraid to call someone out if I see BS. I have been nothing but a gret member here but again I dont put up with people who make a big deal out of nothing. I apologized to him for going overbored. If you really read what he wrote and what he is aomplaining and worrying about you wil honestly see its something that makes sense. To be an entusiast is one thing but to get so caught up in something with such little impotantce to me defies logic. I have a TON of entusiastic customers who also seem to sppreciate what has been done for them on my end which is what really matters to me. I dont think he has anything to complain about because I am sure the amount of work that other did for him compared to what they were compensated was no where near enough with the hassle it must have been to deal with him. I could be wrong but that is truly the thing that bothers me. How much money over invoice did he pay for the car and how mcuh money did the salesperson make compared to the work he had to do? I am curious to know this.
2008 AW X3 3.0si: 6 speed Returned
2006 AW e90 330i: 6 speed Dinan Stage 1 Returned
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2011, 11:16 AM   #160
kcdude24
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Quote:
Wrong. I am a little hard edged when people get crazy about stuff on here or post stuff that is completly out of line. I am not afraid to call someone out if I see BS. I have been nothing but a gret member here but again I dont put up with people who make a big deal out of nothing. I apologized to him for going overbored. If you really read what he wrote and what he is aomplaining and worrying about you wil honestly see its something that makes sense. To be an entusiast is one thing but to get so caught up in something with such little impotantce to me defies logic. I have a TON of entusiastic customers who also seem to sppreciate what has been done for them on my end which is what really matters to me. I dont think he has anything to complain about because I am sure the amount of work that other did for him compared to what they were compensated was no where near enough with the hassle it must have been to deal with him. I could be wrong but that is truly the thing that bothers me. How much money over invoice did he pay for the car and how mcuh money did the salesperson make compared to the work he had to do? I am curious to know this.
Why all the drama? Guy had a very cool experience and is sharing it...maybe I need to read every post but fail to see where your opinion is needed.

Great write up BTW...I never get tired of reading these ED threads and reminds me of my last one...love the color.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2011, 11:56 AM   #161
AlphaBeta
Systems Malfunction Technician @ Pentagon
United_States
Rep
Drives: 3 Series

Quote:
I just want you to realize that yo may be a going a little overboard about a European Delivery M3. Its more of just the attitude in the way you write about your experiences that was the put off to me.
It's okay if you don't have an M3, no need to get jealous...technically, I don't even have my own car

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcdude24 View Post
Why all the drama? Guy had a very cool experience and is sharing it...maybe I need to read every post but fail to see where your opinion is needed.

Great write up BTW...I never get tired of reading these ED threads and reminds me of my last one...love the color.
Agreed

Appreciate 0
      02-05-2011, 12:05 PM   #162
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Dude, really... let it go. Your writing reads like coming from a deeply disturbed person.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2011, 12:10 PM   #163
ssabripo
HALA MADRID!
United_States
Rep
Drives: camels & donkeys

Quote:
I feel so sad for you... you must be one disturbed individual to let some anonymous person online, who is sharing his experience of buying a car, get you to post this amount of bovine excretion and deeply twisted thoughts.

let it go man....let it go!

F87 M2 Competition, Sunset Orange, Exc, DCT.
**SOLD** F80 M3 Mineral Grey/Sakir Orange, Exc, DCT... ED 6/2015
**SOLD**E90 M3, Interlagos Blue / M individual two-tone, ZCP, ZP2, ZCV, DCT, ED.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2011, 01:02 PM   #164
mcp202
Private
Rep
Drives: V3 CTS V

Quote:
Relax!?!? Why are you taking his thread so personally? You somewhat apologized but are obviously still upset for multiple reasons you noted. To each his own, I guess. How did you call him out?

Mark’s M, nice write up. I enjoyed reading about your delivery and great color combo.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2011, 01:25 PM   #165
BMRLVR
Grease Monkey
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3,1994 Euro E36 M3/4

I'm sorry Alpine but if any of your potential customers read these forums you may have lost sales due to your last few posts in this thread.

A lot of us on here are BIGTIME car enthusiasts to the point of going overboard on lots of stuff. For me my salesman was just as enthusiastic over my car as me. If you were the salesperson handling my sale and I read a post from you like this I would immediately call the dealer and ask for someone else to sell me my car.

Like everyone else said so far, let this thread and all the bashing of Marks character go! You are making yourself look like an ass!!!
      02-05-2011, 06:59 PM   #166
Mark's M
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 Individual

Thanks again for the support and comments everyone, the story was meant to give people considering ED a lift. I guess you really have to know me to realize that I enjoy writing...and humour...both of which I tried to express in the write up. Yes, I'm anal - very anal. But I think most of you saw the humour in the good, the bad and the ugly that happened "over there". Pretty much what all of the ED posts I read before my trip did for me.

Alpine6spd...no hard feelings. You're a BMW guy so deep down you must be O.K. BTW, I have actually had alot of stress in my life. No doubt everyone on the forum has. To let the cat out of the bag (and I hope no one hates me for this), I was a police officer & supervisor for 32 years (one of the good guys I'm proud to say, treated people like I wanted to be treated...unless they shit all over me of course) and saw the worst of the worst and had to balance that against a normal family life. This ain't nothing in comparison to our brothers/sisters who serve in the military but most of us who have to deal with crap, day in and day out, need an escape. Which has been my family, my friends, my cars, this forum, its members and ones like it, the people that are car guys like me, etc, etc. Oh and my dogs of course. Do I put alot of value on these things? You bet. Can I make light of a really bad situation? Absolutely.
Otherwise, I'd have probably had a heart atack long ago. So while I was still relatively young (ger), I retired and now teach policing for those who want to do it right. Less stress, pain in the ass sometimes but oh well.

Just wish you'd have not judged me (or anyone else for that matter) for a tongue in cheek forum article. Again...I"m anal. But I had a blast on the trip and a blast writing it up. And would do it again. I've changed my mind and won't do it in someone else's car. It'll be my own.

Oh and the amount of work my salesperson did for me??? I configured the car myself with the invaluable assistance of someone I now call a friend at BMW M. The salesperson here basically prepared the purchase order and took my money. Not too much trouble for the commission he received.

Take care Alpine6spd - should I be driving through N.J. someday, maybe I'll drop by and change your opinion!!

Mark

Last edited by Mark's M; 02-05-2011 at 07:15 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2011, 07:05 PM   #167
Fsarc
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.5 E92 M3 LMB

Way to go Mark and thanks for your service! Feel free to stop by Jersey anytime. I'd love to see your car!
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2011, 07:08 PM   #168
AlphaBeta
Systems Malfunction Technician @ Pentagon
United_States
Rep
Drives: 3 Series

Quote:
To let the cat out of the bag (and I hope no one hates me for this), I was a police officer & supervisor for 32 years (one of the good guys I'm proud to say, treated people like I wanted to be treated...unless they shit all over me of course) and saw the worst of the worst and had to balance that against a normal family life. This ain't nothing in comparison to our brothers/sisters who serve in the military but most of us who have to deal with crap, day in and day out, need an escape. Which has been my family, my friends, my cars, this forum, its members and ones like it, the people that are car guys like me, etc, etc. Oh and my dogs of course.
Mark
Hate you??? Far from it!...In fact, thanks for keeping people like us, like me, safe. That just shows how much more you deserve your car!

Appreciate 0
      02-05-2011, 11:36 PM   #169
w00tw00t
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MW M4

Mark - just read your blog - fantastic write up and really enjoyed reading about your trip.

Don't know what alpine6spd's problem is .. just ignore him.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2011, 10:10 AM   #170
grimlock
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS

Quote:
I have a TON of entusiastic customers who also seem to sppreciate what has been done for them on my end which is what really matters to me. I dont think he has anything to complain about because I am sure the amount of work that other did for him compared to what they were compensated was no where near enough with the hassle it must have been to deal with him. I could be wrong but that is truly the thing that bothers me. How much money over invoice did he pay for the car and how mcuh money did the salesperson make compared to the work he had to do? I am curious to know this.
Thanks for the inspiration to change salespersons.. now I realize why my salesperson was the way they were
If you don't like the customer, you shouldn't take their money. Even if you feel you're underpaid, once you get paid, you have the responsibility to conduct yourself appropriately.. and you wonder why things are the way they are
Thanks for enlightening me, but I'd never buy another car from someone like you. Lesson learnt
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2011, 10:19 AM   #171
Deathboy
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: GT4

Nice write up. Love the peanut butter interior. Haters love to hate.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2011, 02:05 PM   #172
gr8one88
tru blu
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 Individual M3 ESTYblau

wow

i can honestly say this is by far the best e9x m3 i have ever seen. mcb on rust brown is gorgeous. the ED must have been such a fun experience for an enthusiast like yourself. clearly you have great taste. i have an individual e46 m3 in estoril blue and it is nothing short of glorious. if u ever want to sell this car i will pay whatever you ask. seriously
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2011, 06:02 PM   #173
Mark's M
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8one88 View Post
i can honestly say this is by far the best e9x m3 i have ever seen. mcb on rust brown is gorgeous. the ED must have been such a fun experience for an enthusiast like yourself. clearly you have great taste. i have an individual e46 m3 in estoril blue and it is nothing short of glorious. if u ever want to sell this car i will pay whatever you ask. seriously
Thanks sir. And I'll take yours 'cause that's the colour that I really, really wanted. BMW's response was "really, really.....no". I'm truly glad they developed the new "Estoril" if that's what you can call it but honestly, there's no substitute for what you have.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 04:24 PM   #174
gr8one88
tru blu
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 Individual M3 ESTYblau

Exclamation estoril vs mcb

its pretty close my take on it is that it has slightly less depth(mcb) but its a good reproduction and glad they finally did it and im VERY glad that you tried to order estoril but bummed bmw wont make it anymore no matter what. SAD....but your combo rust with that piano black it absolutely perfect. cherish it...dont get rid of it have it in your garage when you are 80 years old still. and if you get rid of it for the love of GOD sell it to ME!!!!
COMPARO>>>>

ui=2&ik=1ba560c307&view=att&th=12ecacf743e7b302&at tid=0.1&disp=inline&zw[/IMG]
Quote:
Thanks sir. And I'll take yours 'cause that's the colour that I really, really wanted. BMW's response was "really, really.....no". I'm truly glad they developed the new "Estoril" if that's what you can call it but honestly, there's no substitute for what you have.

Last edited by gr8one88; 03-19-2011 at 09:55 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2011, 10:19 AM   #175
Mark's M
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Oh wow, what a treat seeing more of your pics. Thanks for that and your kind comments. An inspiration to keep mine as clean over the years as yours - it looks stunning!! And the colors are not as far off (at least in the pics) as I thought.

All the best mister!!
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2011, 02:06 PM   #176
Im4citadel
Der Stalag EUA
Rep
Drives: 2013 Carbon Black 550I Xdrive

I have to tell you that this was one of the most enjoyable posts I have had the pleasure of reading. It was an M drivers, "Eat. Pray. Love" diary without the female empowerment. I am considering getting my wife's 535xi through ED. Thanks for all the info! from purchase to your door...how long does it take? Also if anyone is in the Metro DC/NOVA area, which dealership is the best for ED?
Appreciate 0