BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions

09-17-2008, 02:56 PM   #111
ase2dais
//Mdicted
United_States
Rep
Drives: a Cop Magnet

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dascamel View Post
That picture is disturbing.
+1

it is very disturbing...
I think I'll stick with BMWs
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2008, 03:09 PM   #112
PortoM3
M3lover
Germany
Rep
Drives: SSII M3

Being that I had the first M3 in Seattle, I have seen it all. I have had my share of the face prints and hand smudges on my windows, to girls saying all kinds of things. One girl actually said, "wow, V8. How many horses do you have". She knew her cars. My wife talks shop about the car all the time with other people. I even had cops (off duty and plain clothes) tell me how nice the M3 was. ONLY traffic cops are mean, and stare down on it. I have the ONLY M3 in Kuwait right now, so I am still getting all kinds of stares. People pulled me over to see the car. The M6 hers have the internet options in them, so I always get asked how come mine doesn't have that. I even had a Kuwaiti girl really knew a lot about cars. The majority of 6 series drivers and 911 drivers in Kuwait are women. I had a girl in a turbo 911 talk to me in a red light about how nice my car was. Every time I park it some place, I come out to find out people standing around it taking pictures. I still haven't got use to all the attention, and my wife worries that someone will steal it, or mess it up by hitting it or keying because they are jealous.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2008, 03:40 PM   #113
addy85
Got beef?
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PortoM3 View Post
Being that I had the first M3 in Seattle, I have seen it all. I have had my share of the face prints and hand smudges on my windows, to girls saying all kinds of things. One girl actually said, "wow, V8. How many horses do you have". She knew her cars. My wife talks shop about the car all the time with other people. I even had cops (off duty and plain clothes) tell me how nice the M3 was. ONLY traffic cops are mean, and stare down on it. I have the ONLY M3 in Kuwait right now, so I am still getting all kinds of stares. People pulled me over to see the car. The M6 hers have the internet options in them, so I always get asked how come mine doesn't have that. I even had a Kuwaiti girl really knew a lot about cars. The majority of 6 series drivers and 911 drivers in Kuwait are women. I had a girl in a turbo 911 talk to me in a red light about how nice my car was. Every time I park it some place, I come out to find out people standing around it taking pictures. I still haven't got use to all the attention, and my wife worries that someone will steal it, or mess it up by hitting it or keying because they are jealous.

I hate when people are standing around my car! Scares the shit out of me

Special Thanks to AU335
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2008, 08:31 PM   #114
SupremeDTM
MEISTERWATCHES.COM
Philippines
Rep
Drives: SG E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by addy85 View Post
I hate when people are standing around my car! Scares the shit out of me
seriously man, that shit sucks. i was parked in a mall parking structure a few weeks ago and a group of people were surrounding my car, 3 of which were mall security. the security car was even parked behind me blocking me in. when i got close enough for people to realize it was my car, a female security guard says "apparently, these guys think you have a nice car". i seriously thought something bad had happened. i had one sweet sigh of relief that afternoon.....
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2008, 03:26 PM   #115
synclastica_86
Captain
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: F32 435i, E92 M3, S550

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupremeDTM View Post
seriously man, that shit sucks. i was parked in a mall parking structure a few weeks ago and a group of people were surrounding my car, 3 of which were mall security. the security car was even parked behind me blocking me in. when i got close enough for people to realize it was my car, a female security guard says "apparently, these guys think you have a nice car". i seriously thought something bad had happened. i had one sweet sigh of relief that afternoon.....
Dude... I hear you... I had a similar experience.... When I just got my S-class... it was when it first came out... I had the first 1 in cleveland... neways... I was fillin my car in the bad side of town... a few guys came up to my car and said "nice car" and he would call his fds tocome and see it... a few moments 4 cars pulled up and like 20 ppl got out... they all surrounded my car.... I can't go any where since I was still pumping fuel.... luckily a cop drove by and broke it up.... ha later advice that I shouldn't bring this car to that part of town...

Current: BMW F32 435iA M-Sports; BMW E92 M3, M-DCT; Mercedes W221 S550 4matic; Ford Fiesta ST; Nissan Silvia S15 Spec-R
Retired: BMW E93 323iA; BMW E85 Z4 3.0i, SMG; Lexus IS 250 AWD; Lexus GX 470; Mercedes W203 C230 Sportscoupe; Peugeot 206 S16; Peugeot 206 RC
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2008, 03:35 PM   #116
darkphantom
Banned
Rep
Drives: E93 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by synclastica_86 View Post
Dude... I hear you... I had a similar experience.... When I just got my S-class... it was when it first came out... I had the first 1 in cleveland... neways... I was fillin my car in the bad side of town... a few guys came up to my car and said "nice car" and he would call his fds tocome and see it... a few moments 4 cars pulled up and like 20 ppl got out... they all surrounded my car.... I can't go any where since I was still pumping fuel.... luckily a cop drove by and broke it up.... ha later advice that I shouldn't bring this car to that part of town...
did they seem like they were going to mug you?? S550 = armored tank man....
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2008, 04:24 PM   #117
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Bizzarre experience today.

Took the car out to get it washed at the no-touch auto wash (no leaks in the e93 btw, which is nice). When I was in the stall a guy in a e39 5 series pulled up behind like he was going to get a wash next. A couple minutes later I noticed that he backed up and was now sitting in the back of the lot. Strange, I thought, I guess he changed his mind. Then, when I pulled out I noticed that he had come around the building and was waiting there intstead. As I drove away I noticed he was now behind me. I made a left and he was still behind me in the turn lane, but then he casually passed me in the left lane after the turn. I figured maybe it was all just a coincidence, or maybe he really just wanted to check out my car. I also noticed his car had mods, and it was also debadged. Oh well, whatever. I figured it was over.

But later down the road he was in front of me, and I signaled to turn to get onto the expressway. All of the sudden he jams on his brakes and whips into the left turn lane too. Okay, so now its obvious this guy wants to go. Presumably he feels like he has something to prove I guess, so he wants to try and race. But my car is not broken in yet, and even if it was I don't think I would have indulged him. So I let him turn and get some distance because I wanted to really hammer it on the on-ramp. I started catching up to him, and of course he takes off. But I just got into the right lane and cruised at about 80. So now what does he do? He gets in front of me and slows way down. Eventually, we are going like 60mph. At this point I am laughing to myself because this guy is really starting to be a bit of a jack ass. But it does not end there. He switches to the passing lane, and starts to slow even more. Now he is nearly next to me, but just a little in front. And up comes a bunch of cars in the passing lane. Does he move over? Nope. He sits there for a while, blocking traffic. Finally, he does eventually get back over in front of me and exits. It was actually the exit I wanted to take also but I decided not to simply to get rid of him.

Later on a guy in a Hyundai came up on me and drove in my blind spot and honked at me, but he actually exited before I got to turn and see him. I guess I'll never know if he was going to give me props or give me the finger (it was a part of town where I might expect the latter).

So yeah, these cars do make other drivers act insane.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2008, 09:46 AM   #118
V8MAN
Captain
Rep
Drives: '23 M3CxD IOMG

oh yes lots of attention. I have had the car for a little over a week and so far:
- At a gas station a couple in a 6 series waited for me to get back to my car so that I could show the wife the car inside, after looking the car over the wife asks me, is it fast? uhhh yes; does the bubble on the hood come with it or is it a special order thing, uhhh it comes with the car. The wife turns around to the husband and tells him, ok I love that car I want it, husbands goes, it's yours baby...WTF??!
- At least 8 different people have wanted me to race them, ranging from 3 series, to civics, to acuras, to mustangs, to suburbans, to honda oddysseys...sighh....
- I've gotten the highway tango in at least 6 separate occassions, the last two happened yesterday when I was driving up 64 heading over to the blueridge parkway here in VA, this couple in a pathfinder passes me then slows down and gets behind me, then passes me again and gets in front of me I then see the wife pull out the camera and start taking pictures of my car, the dude slows down so I pass him and as I am passing him more camera shots, he then speeds up and as he passes me the wife takes some more pictures! My wife just looks at me with her mouth open

I tell you I feel like a freaking celebrity running away from the paparazzi
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-12-2008, 11:13 AM   #119
AwesomeM3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F95 X5MC

Garage List
2015 BMW X5 M  [10.00]
2020 BMW X5M Compet ...  [0.00]
2008 M3  [10.00]
Yesterday I met up with Captain Scott. He lives in Minnesota and Arizona, but he was in NJ for the weekend. If any of you get the chance to meet Scott, he's a hoot! Super nice guy and very generous, with tons of great stories. Anyway, we were talking in a parking lot yesterday, and a guy in a Subura WRX drove by my car to check it out. He got out and stared, walking around it. He didn't know we were watching him because we were on the other side of the lot. Anyway, as I got closer to get in my car, he said "Nice car!" and some other nice compliments. It's nice to get complimented every once in a while.
      10-12-2008, 11:44 AM   #120
endofanera7
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 08 JB E92 M3

Garage List
Definately a head turner. I got thumb up from 745i, a couple of E46 M3 guys, even Audi.

Also some unfriendly stuff from a GTO and Z06. But lucky them because I was still in my 1200 break-in period.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2008, 01:07 PM   #121
Race_Doc11
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 G82 M4

Garage List
2023 BMW G82 M4  [0.00]
2018 F80 M3  [10.00]
2013 Audi RS5 (Sold)  [10.00]
2008 E93 M3 (Sold)  [10.00]
Sure people look and even comment all the time ... this morning there was a 328 xi next to me the guy driving tried not to look but his wife/girlfriend her eyes were coming out of her head ...he noticed so he told her not to look :-) ...the other day I got this girl driving TT doing her best just to get in front of me...I let go for now since I'm still in the breaking in period....I will say mainly other BMWs look the most
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2008, 10:37 PM   #122
Reincarnated
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: new

Quote:
Originally Posted by endofanera7 View Post
Definately a head turner. I got thumb up from 745i, a couple of E46 M3 guys, even Audi.

Also some unfriendly stuff from a GTO and Z06. But lucky them because I was still in my 1200 break-in period.
Understand the situation. The Z06 will eat you up and then face-f@ck you. You are the one who was lucky. Just because it is an M3 doesn't mean it will dominate anything on the road.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2008, 10:54 PM   #123
TLud
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 Golf R

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomeM3 View Post
Yesterday I met up with Captain Scott. He lives in Minnesota and Arizona, but he was in NJ for the weekend. If any of you get the chance to meet Scott, he's a hoot! Super nice guy and very generous, with tons of great stories. Anyway, we were talking in a parking lot yesterday, and a guy in a Subura WRX drove by my car to check it out. He got out and stared, walking around it. He didn't know we were watching him because we were on the other side of the lot. Anyway, as I got closer to get in my car, he said "Nice car!" and some other nice compliments. It's nice to get complimented every once in a while.
Scott is a great guy, and one of these days I may head out to 'zona to hit the links with him.
      10-13-2008, 01:47 AM   #124
endofanera7
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 08 JB E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnated View Post
Understand the situation. The Z06 will eat you up and then face-f@ck you. You are the one who was lucky. Just because it is an M3 doesn't mean it will dominate anything on the road.
Okay, next time I see an Z06 pulling up next to me, I will put my gear into reverse and run like a b!tch! ....jk.

Anyway, I was just making the point knowing it's a fast car. Wasnt trying to face-f*ck anyone or to get f*cked or anything like that. It was in the city and he was revving next to me at the red light. All im saying is if my car wasnt in the break in period maybe we can have a lil rev battle. No harm having a lil fun
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2008, 04:32 AM   #125
///M_Wraith
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3/4

It's all true

This car is a bonus for all us attn ho's. Really, I've had tons of people ask me about the car. I've had endless people want to race. I've had guys on sportbikes want to tango.

It goes with the territory and I am happy oblige them as a good will/kick-ass ambassador of the image.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2008, 06:57 AM   #126
AwesomeM3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F95 X5MC

Garage List
2015 BMW X5 M  [10.00]
2020 BMW X5M Compet ...  [0.00]
2008 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLud View Post
Scott is a great guy, and one of these days I may head out to 'zona to hit the links with him.
I hope you get the chance to meet him, he's a lot of fun to hang out with. He invited me to AZ too to play golf...he's very generous.
      10-13-2008, 07:39 AM   #127
Captain Scott
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomeM3 View Post
I hope you get the chance to meet him, he's a lot of fun to hang out with. He invited me to AZ too to play golf...he's very generous.

Thanks Awesome and Mr T Lud, I am humbled by the comments.

Scott
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2008, 08:42 AM   #128
MTROIS
Major
France
Rep
Drives: on the wrong side of the Ocean

Was driving through Newark, NJ last night (an area which is not really thought as a nice area....but it is really getting better than it used to be). So I am at the red light and suddenly these two guys arrive in a beat-up car, the driver opens the window, sticks his head out and starts checking the car out. So at that point I am not really sure if they are going to ask me for the keys or what!! Suddenly the guy gives me the thumbs up and starts talking to me... especially wants to know how much I paid for it. So for a split second I am like ok, now I am doomed.... but tell him that it was a lot of money...too much (like in the 70s) and he was really happy. He said he had seen one in NYC with four doors and drove off. I don't know if he had seen an M5 or really a M3, but in retrospect the guys were very cool!! Morale: once more, don't judge people based on appearances!!
      10-13-2008, 05:38 PM   #129
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

I haven't really driven my car very much at all. I've owned it since the 23rd of September, and as of today - 10/13/08 - I have 470 miles on the car. As a result, I only have a couple of stories to add.

My significant other and I were on our way to Santa Ana on Saturday to watch a comedy special starring Christopher Titus. While on the 57 freeway, two gentlemen in a Camry paced me for awhile before giving me the thumbs up. About 10 minutes prior to that event, two younger guys in a 328 coupe with minor mods were driving erratically in a failed attempt to bait me into a race.

..and today, a neighbor who had just exited their 550i waited for me to pull away so that they could get a good look at my M3.

That is all! Nothing exciting.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2008, 03:30 PM   #130
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Well, I guess I spoke too soon.

While leaving Blockbuster video last night at 10pm, I received compliments from two gentlemen in a black IROC Z. The driver pulled alongside my car and rolled down his limo tinted driver's side window. The first words that he utterred were, "Bitchin' car man!" As I drove off, I heard his passenger say, "..and it's Interlagos Blue too!"

Must've been BMW enthusiasts to know my car color.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2008, 07:54 PM   #131
herosfc
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW G80Cx, 1988 BMW M5

I've had many dudes compliment my E92 several times--mostly at gas stations. It's always nice to talk to people.

Today was the first time a chick complimented my car. I parked at Whole Foods here in LA (the one in Venice). When I get out, a beautiful girl says, "that's the prettiest BMW i've seen." LOL. She was so hot, all I could say was "uhhh thank you." As I walked into Whole Foods, I was wondering if I should have been flattered that she considered my car "pretty." Not exactly the word that jumps to mind.

I guess it could be interpreted as an insult--my car is Silverstone, which sometimes looks like baby blue--not the most masculine color perhaps. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter--the M3 induced a conversation that wouldn't have happened otherwise! I'll take it!
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2008, 08:48 PM   #132
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by herosfc View Post
I've had many dudes compliment my E92 several times--mostly at gas stations. It's always nice to talk to people.

Today was the first time a chick complimented my car. I parked at Whole Foods here in LA (the one in Venice). When I get out, a beautiful girl says, "that's the prettiest BMW i've seen." LOL. She was so hot, all I could say was "uhhh thank you." As I walked into Whole Foods, I was wondering if I should have been flattered that she considered my car "pretty." Not exactly the word that jumps to mind.

I guess it could be interpreted as an insult--my car is Silverstone, which sometimes looks like baby blue--not the most masculine color perhaps. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter--the M3 induced a conversation that wouldn't have happened otherwise! I'll take it!

Women use the phrase 'pretty' interchangeably. What she meant to convey is that your car is the hot shit. Insult it was not!!

Last edited by Sedan_Clan; 10-16-2008 at 09:16 PM..
Appreciate 0