BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

European Auto Source (EAS)

09-10-2012, 07:52 AM   #1
highyo
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3, X5

slip ons: Bmw Perf, Akra, Dinan. specific question

i'm sure it's been covered before but i'm much too lazy to utilize the pretty worthless search engine here. question is this:

which sounds loudest at idle? 4k? 7k? This is not an opinion question

now for the opinion question, what sounds BEST? please feel free to describe why.

second, which looks BEST? please feel free to describe why. i for one love the look of the akras.

thanks guys, i'm close to making the plunge but want to make sure it's the right choice. i am just looking at these 3.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2012, 09:51 AM   #2
highyo
Banned
United_States
Rep

i guess answering questions about how girls who drive ferraris should hold the steering wheel trumps actual mod questions
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2012, 09:56 AM   #3
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
Searching trumps all.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2012, 09:58 AM   #4
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Could it be possible for you to go to a BMW meet somewhere and actually listen to several different exhausts?

I can tell you one thing for sure, though: my tolerance of drone and loudness is not exactly the same as yours. So do you really want my opinion -or even from others- about exhausts sound?
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2012, 10:01 AM   #5
Porschefile
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Your question has been asked many many times, and there is no answer to any portion of it except volume. The Dinan is probably the loudest of those three. Which sounds best and which looks best depends on the listener and observer.

Hostility is not a great way to make friends and get answers (especially to questions which have no objective answer).
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2012, 10:01 AM   #6
jeff@autocouture
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: 2002 E53 X5 4.6is

dinan is the loudest, the akra and performance are not loud at all imo, very close to stock
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2012, 10:19 AM   #7
highyo
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex@dirtywerkz View Post
dinan is the loudest, the akra and performance are not loud at all imo, very close to stock
thank you
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2012, 10:20 AM   #8
highyo
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschefile View Post
Your question has been asked many many times, and there is no answer to any portion of it except volume. The Dinan is probably the loudest of those three. Which sounds best and which looks best depends on the listener and observer.

Hostility is not a great way to make friends and get answers (especially to questions which have no objective answer).
see the message where i asked for opinions??

thanks for your response
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2012, 10:21 AM   #9
highyo
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Plutonium View Post
Don't be so lazy... all the info is in this section. I like how you want other folks to break it down for you.
sorry bc if i had one of these mods i would be ecstatic to describe what was good, bad, ugly about my mod. but anyway, it's way more fun to make fun of a noob for turning DSC off and spinning the wheels, maybe you should get back to it.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2012, 10:22 AM   #10
highyo
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
Could it be possible for you to go to a BMW meet somewhere and actually listen to several different exhausts?

I can tell you one thing for sure, though: my tolerance of drone and loudness is not exactly the same as yours. So do you really want my opinion -or even from others- about exhausts sound?
i really do want opinions from others, yes.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2012, 10:36 AM   #11
highyo
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yes, people discussed these mods...over and over in this very section. You are just too f@cking lazy to search, and get all pissy when nobody replied to your thread right away.
show me where this has specifically been discussed in this forum? and if you don't have anything to add to the discussion, why are you here? what's your problem plutonium? so many posts, so little value you add to this forum
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2012, 11:24 AM   #12
highyo
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Nah... you got me all wrong, bro. I'm super helpful, but if someone already mentions in their opening post that they are too lazy to search (and then get all mad if they don't get an answer), I just don't feel like being an enabler to your laziness.

But... I don't wanna be accused of not being helpful... use these tags to start out with: 'Dinan' and 'Akra'... this should keep you busy for a while.

P.S. You still haven't accepted my friendship request.
you dont have to enable anything. how bout just not responding? i have done the search and havent had anything come up that sums up the question i asked.

i dont know what friendship request you refer to
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2012, 03:46 PM   #13
M3PO
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '08 IB E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex@dirtywerkz View Post
My Dinan is super quiet! Compared to the Meisterschaft GT I used to have at least. If the other two are quieter, I wouldn't even consider them.
      09-10-2012, 04:05 PM   #14
DominionXX
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 Alpine White Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by highyo View Post
you dont have to enable anything. how bout just not responding? i have done the search and havent had anything come up that sums up the question i asked.

i dont know what friendship request you refer to
I just did a search ... and I have the answer you are looking for ... my opinion of the best exhaust is ......

Stock hehehehe
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2012, 04:56 PM   #15
highyo
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominionXX View Post
I just did a search ... and I have the answer you are looking for ... my opinion of the best exhaust is ......

Stock hehehehe
stock! yeah i have to say i do love the sound of stock, just need a little more bass i would say. and if i have X to spend on mods before mrs. highyo goes bananas, it's prob not going to be the exhaust anyway. likely a new diff.. think thats more bang for the buck
Appreciate 0