BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

BPM

02-11-2009, 02:07 AM   #1
///M PWR 00
Captain
Rep
Drives: Porsche

Buyers remorse? Cant decide what to do

Here are my options:

1. Buy the M3 available at the dealership right now.
AW/FR/CF Roof/18s
Ugly standard titanium shadow trim (gives me a great excuse to buy the OEM true CF trim which looks beautiful!
Navigation
I-pod
Will pay 500$ over invoice
Available for delivery this week

2. Order an M3
AW/FR/CF Roof
19s (will give me some time before I HAVE to buy aftermarket rims)
Navigation
Premium Pack (w/ carbon leather trim)
Ipod
Heated front seats
Will pay 1000$ above invoice
Heres how I look at it:

- 19s will come off regardless, but at least I can rock the 19s and be happy with the look for a ~ a year give or take until I have to spend a shitload of money on the BBS LMs I want

- Premium Pack is just 100 or 200$ more and will give me the added features of CF trim instead of the ugly factory trim which. It will also give me the powerfold mirrors, rearview mirror compass, garage link, and whatever else Premium offers.

- Heated seats... Although I personally dont like them, my girlfriend loves them and I feel like a 60K+ car SHOULD have heated seats in it.... Cool thing about the M3 at the dealership the bottom portion of buttons doesnt exist. So no missing buttons or dummy buttons as I call it, looks cleaner.

I dont care that I can have the other M3 sooner. I am not in a rush for the car. 2-3 months will give me plenty of time to stash even more money away for a larger down payment and more affordable monthly note.

It all boils down to those few options... 19s, heated seats, premium... Are they worth it for me? Is premium a big deal to you guys? Only good thing about it IMO is the powerfolding mirrors.

I AM SO CONFUSED
      02-11-2009, 02:13 AM   #2
ScottyGams
Uber-Lee7 Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

considering you were able to walk out of the dealership without dropping $, I guess you can wait.

The one on the lot is not by any chance an 08? that could make a big difference in payments..
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2009, 02:43 AM   #3
Shade
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 12 AW F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M PWR 00 View Post
Heres how I look at it:

- 19s will come off regardless, but at least I can rock the 19s and be happy with the look for a ~ a year give or take until I have to spend a shitload of money on the BBS LMs I want
If you are planning to get aftermarket wheels, no 18" are fine imo.

Quote:

- Heated seats... Although I personally dont like them, my girlfriend loves them and I feel like a 60K+ car SHOULD have heated seats in it.... Cool thing about the M3 at the dealership the bottom portion of buttons doesnt exist. So no missing buttons or dummy buttons as I call it, looks cleaner.
Seriously i think Heated seats are something that helps resale value, if i am a Midwest M3 user, with the cold weather here, no heated seat = no purchase for me. but its ur car, and ur preference of course, but heated seat really helps tho imo...

on a side note, why is dealer charging over invoice now ??? my local dealership have a m3 or future m3 that can be sold less/at MSRP.

08 E92 M3 AW M-DCT

09 INDxRENN-SPEC Project GT-R
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2009, 04:24 AM   #4
Cab5er
Colonel
China
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 M3 (Sold) 13 A1

I was in the same boat. Take something off the lot for a bit more discount or wait and get it exactly how I want it. I chose the latter. I think if you are spending this much $$$, might as well get what you want so you don't have regrets later. BTW the car I passed on didn't have premium, or heated seats.

E90 ///M3/ AW/ Fox Red
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2009, 04:35 AM   #5
MrHarris
yodog
United_States
Rep
Drives: '86 Corolla

Garage List
2009 BMW  [10.00]
Get the ordered if you don't mind. Heated seats are great, and the 19's are great especially if you plan to not upgrade the rims for a year or so. ORDER!

2009 E92 M3 | Alpine White | Black Extended | Advan RS | Turner Test Pipes | Dinan Axle-Back | OETuning | Eibach Springs | UUC SSK | VRS Front Lip | VRS Type I Diffuser | Matte Black | RPi Scoops | MS Filter | Yokohama AD08 | F1 Pinnacle
Special Thanks: Gintani | OETuning | eAs
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2009, 06:20 AM   #6
MMMorish
Just call me J.J. McClure
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & C4 Corvette

I would go with option #2. More options on the car = more enjoyment and better resale.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers!
MODS: Meisterschaft GT Racing Exhaust / BMC Air Filter / UUC SSK & DSSR (Modded)/ RPI Scoops / Passport SRX Hardwired / Custom Wrap 3M Clearbra / 20% Tint / 50% Windshield Tint / Key Hole Delete / Matted Out Accessories / VRS Type II Diffuser / Smoked Reflectors / Euphoria 6K LED Interior Lights / Rear Fog Light Mod / 6000K HID's / 6500K LUX H8 Angel Eyes / RDash License Plate LED Kit / LED Xenon Reverse Lights
"M3 drivers have no friends"
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2009, 07:38 AM   #7
dawgdog
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3, 2016 GT3

Swapping out the trim wil not be cheap. Resale value aside the heated seats are nice if you live in a climate with cold winters. And you may find you are happy with the 19" wheels in the long run. I had a set of RS-GTs which were sweet on my lowered 335, but unless you intend to drop the M3 the aftermarket wheels with a lip will look too small unless you go to 20". I really like the stock 19" wheels and do not wish to lower this car unless full coilovers which negates edc. My money will be saved for light 18" wheels with track friendly tires to be used for driving events.

In short, I would wait.
      02-11-2009, 08:41 AM   #8
Crazy Bimmer
The Jesal
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:

I dont care that I can have the other M3 sooner. I am not in a rush for the car. 2-3 months will give me plenty of time to stash even more money away for a larger down payment and more affordable monthly note.

I AM SO CONFUSED

You been shopping for almost a year now, of course you arent in a rush!! Fun to bust your balls Frankie.

WHy not do what i am doing, order your car the way YOU want and do European delivery. Save a boat load of money and get all the options you want. Plus you would have time to save for a couple of months since it takes time.

win-win!!
      02-11-2009, 08:46 AM   #9
gixxer_kidd
Major
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

Garage List
2008 m3  [10.00]
Frankie, just go order the new one already and stop wasting time
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2009, 08:51 AM   #10
alpine335i
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 e92 M3 6MT, 08 e90 328xi

I fell into the same boat as you at my dealership, except i ordered a car and when it was time to be delivered they called me and told me something happened and it was never built. I was about to buy the one they had in the showroom which had the same as the one your dealership has except moonroof instead of CF roof. But my dealership found my car at another dealership local and got it for me, only it had 18's. Moral of this story is Just get what you want to get and don't settle of something that "will do".
      02-11-2009, 09:36 AM   #11
HotLap
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Vert / 535i Twin turbo

If you are not in a hurry - wait and get what you really want. Larger DP is a good thing too. The 19's are nice wheels and if you do end up removing them you can probably sell them for a nice sum. They are a much better buy WITH the car than having to get them afterwards. FWIW, having an interior trim that I didn't like would bother me every time I got in the car...it's worth the wait alone to get the OEM CF that you want!
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2009, 02:44 PM   #12
John@BMW
I can't belive this car is a 4 door family sedan.
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 sedan, '96 M3

Its sounds to me like you need to wait!!!! Just wait it out- i gaurantee you will be happier with your custom ordered car. Its not too much more money and worth every penny when divided up over all of your payments.....

WAIT WAIT WAIT