BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition

04-01-2008, 06:49 PM   #23
Jay_328
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 07 e92

Garage List
07 E92 328  [0.00]
NO Xplode, love the stuff!! ... I'm about to cycle off soon .... but what works for one doesn't always work for others

... read the label and give it a try.
      04-01-2008, 09:23 PM   #24
nico335
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch View Post
Not sure how old the poster is you were replying to, but as long as he's over 18 he should be fine. I wouldn't mess with anything other than eating a clean diet at that age (or now), but everyone has their own opinion.

He'll I'm 26 and my metabolism is just as crazy as when I was 18. I was eating 2 gallons of ice cream a week at 17, with coke on top and didn't gain a pound doing that for nearly a year.
just turned 18 in january. what would you recommend for getting bigger?
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2008, 09:30 PM   #25
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 335D E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nico335 View Post
Since you are young, skinny, you have plenty of room for growth. Your biggest gains are usually right away before you hit your "ceiling" (or slow down). I would work out naturally until you start leveling off at least. Just eat, rest, and work out right IMO.

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2008, 09:38 PM   #26
radix
you know he kills little girls like you
No_Country
Rep
Drives: -

Quote:
extenze
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2008, 09:42 PM   #27
Jay_328
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 07 e92

Garage List
07 E92 328  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC 335i View Post
Since you are young, skinny, you have plenty of room for growth. Your biggest gains are usually right away before you hit your "ceiling" (or slow down). I would work out naturally until you start leveling off at least. Just eat, rest, and work out right IMO.
+1 and I'll add you can drink a few protein shakes too
      04-01-2008, 09:43 PM   #28
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 335D E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_328 View Post
I will definitely agree with this one.

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2008, 10:10 PM   #29
nico335
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC 335i View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_328 View Post
thanks guys
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 12:13 AM   #30
Alpine
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Even though it seems that all the questions have been answered, I'll throw in my $.02 because I've tried it all.

To start off, let me reiterate what a few people have said earlier- What works for some will NOT work for another. Go on bodybuilding.com and you can find someone who will back up any and every product out there. It all just depends on you. For me, NO Xplode is the best of the NO products. I've tried the complete Universal Animal line, Gaspari line, and even some of the WalMart stuff just for kicks. NO Xplode is honestly the only one that I saw any effects. Workouts were more intense, blood flow was crazy, and I gained weight very quickly.

Some people say that NO Xplode gives them diarrhea. For me, it was the only one that DIDN'T. I always recommend NO Xplode when anyone asks, but remember, we're all different.

And just in case you didn't get a straight answer earlier, if you're just trying to bulk.. gain weight.. seriously, eat everything you see. I can't stress enough just getting calories. Protein is a MUST. YES- Keep drinking your protein shakes. From what it sounds like to me, you have a bodytype like mine- thin, and really high metabolism. If that's the case, you won't get fat, but you have to go to the extremes to gain weight.
      04-02-2008, 12:18 AM   #31
EOE90
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15

Garage List
2006 3  [0.00]
mmmmmm NO xplode is soooo gooooood
      04-02-2008, 12:43 AM   #32
EOE90
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15

Garage List
2006 3  [0.00]
creatin, glutimine
      04-02-2008, 01:44 AM   #33
asdflkijd
Aberry is a scammer
United_States
Rep
Drives: SGM E92 335i, AM E90 335i

Garage List
I use it and I'm seeing big improvements, also try the pre-workout (forgot what it was called) it really gets you pumped , lemon one kind of tastes nasty though..
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 01:51 AM   #34
Bobby_Light
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3

Calories - Eat, Eat, Eat
Creatine - 5g pre workout
Beta Alanine - 3-6g daily throughout day
Glutamine - 5-15g post workout
Norwegian Fish oil or Flax Oil 3x daily
TONS of Water
Sleep 8-9hrs
Cut back on cardio
Focus on mass builders (squats, presses, rows, pullups, lunges, leg press)
1-5 sets of 8-12 reps to fatigue for hypertrophy (muscle growth)
Rest period between sets - 30 to 90 seconds to promote testosterone production
Don't exceed 4 workouts a week. Keep workouts under an hour.

For what it's worth, I am a personal trainer.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 02:42 AM   #35
san~man
Tired
Rep
Drives: BMW-less

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_Light View Post
Calories - Eat, Eat, Eat
Creatine - 5g pre workout
Beta Alanine - 3-6g daily throughout day
Norwegian Fish oil or Flax Oil 3x daily
TONS of Water
Sleep 8-9hrs
Cut back on cardio
1-5 sets of 8-12 reps to fatigue for hypertrophy (muscle growth)
Rest period between sets - 30 to 90 seconds to promote testosterone production
Don't exceed 4 workouts a week. Keep workouts under an hour.

You forgot deadlifts

BTW, you consider pullups and lunges mass builders? I always thought pullups were more for width and lunges for sweep rather than both being "mass builders."
      04-02-2008, 09:42 AM   #36
howardpro
Private
Rep
Drives: 335xi Coupe

www.bodybuilding.com is an awesome site.

Check out this article on ectomorphs.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jon11.htm
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 09:58 AM   #37
Couch
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by krnshinsa View Post
seriously a good multi vitamin and whey protein is all you really need. I've found that 80% is diet and 20% is working out. My metabolism is crazy also thats why I have to eat like a beast if i want to gain weight =/.
Quote:
Originally Posted by krnshinsa View Post
hows your bulk progress coming along?
Very true. I think kids should be taking a multi-vitamin throughout their youth. As should adults. My mom always made sure I took a vitamin growing up, and I think that helps kids having a higher metabolism. As well as making sure they eat breakfast before school.

My bulk's going alright. It's too expensive for me to buy the amount of food I really need to cosume, but I do eat clean, and on the every 2-3 hour schedule. I started at ~140 and right now I'm ~150. 3 weeks ago while at my parents, my dad thought I weighed 155-160. My goal before cutting is 165. So progress, while slow it's there. And other people are noticing my gains, which makes me feel good, obviously. Especially since I'm doing it for myself and no one else.

At a family function on Good Friday, a few family members noticed my "growing" stomach. Which is part of the bulk cycle. A cousins husband tried to argue with me that it's next to impossible to get where you want to. Trust me I had a high metabolism and was skinny as you. He told me. I just laughed and started trying to explain to him, but he didn't want to listen and learn. So I just kept my mouth shut instead of arguing with a 50 year old man.

Quote:
What OC said. Eat high protein diet. Chicken, fish, whole grain brown rice, beef, tuna, green vegatables, fruits. Stuff like that. If you live with your folks talk to them about it. You may be able to get them to change their diet as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by san~man View Post
You forgot deadlifts

BTW, you consider pullups and lunges mass builders? I always thought pullups were more for width and lunges for sweep rather than both being "mass builders."
I wouldn't skip on pull-ups. They are awesome for your back. Especially wide grip pull ups, palms facing away from you. Plus they are a tough exercise. I'm still not that cut, but I'm getting that "V-Shape" already.

And don't skimp on shoulders either.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 12:19 PM   #38
Bobby_Light
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by san~man View Post
You forgot deadlifts

Deadlifts are another mass builder, but I purposely left them out due to the fact many people (even experienced lifters) have improper form when doing this movement. Often times people lift the load with their low back which can very easily lead to serious injury. I would only do these under the supervision of a professional who has experience with deadlifts.

Pullups and lunges are definitely mass builders. Pullups work on the lats, scapulae, biceps, rear delts, and forearms. Changing grip on pullups is beneficial (wide, normal, narrow, hands opposite directions). Lunges are another multi-joint movement (ankle, knee, hip - same as squat) that can focus on either the glutes or quads depending upon how far you lunge out. Adductors (inner thigh) can also be targeted with a lateral (side) lunge. Lunges are also core intensive as you have to stabilize the weight with the upper body while keeping the chest upright.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 12:53 PM   #39
2K5 325i
srsly *****'n!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007/8 TiAg 335i 'Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_Light View Post
Calories - Eat, Eat, Eat Check
Creatine - 5g pre workout Check
Beta Alanine - 3-6g daily throughout day Check
Norwegian Fish oil or Flax Oil 3x daily Semi-Check (I'm using only once a day)
TONS of Water Check
Sleep 8-9hrs Check
Cut back on cardio Check
1-5 sets of 8-12 reps to fatigue for hypertrophy (muscle growth) Check
Rest period between sets - 30 to 90 seconds to promote testosterone production Check
Don't exceed 4 workouts a week. Keep workouts under an hour. Check

What exactly does Glutamine promote? It helps do what?

I have been on Creatine, Beta-Alanine, Whey Protein, Dextrose & Maltodextrin, BCAA's in the PWO shake, along with Multi-V and Omega-3-6-9 (fish oil) for a few months... and loving it all.

Thanks,
-Chris

Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 01:04 PM   #40
benny90
Major
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2K5 325i View Post
I've always used it for recovery, its been a while but I would take it at night to speed up the recovery of the muscles
2006 330i E90 || Jet Black on Terra || STEP | ZSP | ZPP | FULL M-tech Kit | Linea Corse LC818's / 19x8.5 ET30 / 19x10 ET22 / Falken FK452's | 35% Pinnacle Tint | Blacklines | CF Trim & Roundels | Predator ICE | Alarm | Cosmos Fogs | Smoked Corners w/ X5 Bulbs | BMW Performance Grills | BMW Performance Steering Wheel | M Sport E-Brake | ACS Roof Spoiler & Pedals | M3 Spoiler | Euro Fog Switch | Paddle Retrofit Kit | CF Mtech Splitters
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 01:13 PM   #41
Main33vnt
YOUNG MONEY!
Rep
Drives: 2006 325I, 2008 Range Sport

Whatabout to lose weight.. anyone use any type of shit?
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 01:50 PM   #42
Icedog_16
No Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 335is

Quote:
I'd say it depends on your genetics. I didn't really put on much size until I was about 30. Didn't matter how much I ate, how much I worked out, etc. I expected it, though, because my dad's powerlifting days came at about the same time in his life. Granted, I was already bigger than you at that age (6'3", 160), not much bigger, but bigger.

For the most part, my 20s were all plateau until about 28 and then I got up around 205. At my biggest (~31), I weighed 235. I put on huge amounts of weight with creatine and a few protein shakes a day then - probably still could put on 20 lbs in a month or so if I wanted to. Nowadays, I'm not really lifting for size or strength, just trying to stay in shape. I've been trying to lose weight and have lost 25 lbs in the past three or four months and managed to gain strength. So now I'm down to 195, but I'm just as strong as when I weighed 235. Go figure.

So, don't rush it. For some it's just not in the cards. Others, like me, just had to wait awhile. I'd say your genetics has more to do with it than supplements. Just my $.02 based on my experience. YMMV.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 02:35 PM   #43
Bobby_Light
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2K5 325i View Post
Funny, I just got done taking some.

Glutamine is great because it preserves muscle and helps create muscle. It is anti-catabolic (prevents muscle wasting aka preserves muscle) and it promotes protein synthesis (builds muscle) and growth hormone production. Glutamine aides in recovery as well.

It is also a great way to almost instantly curb sugar cravings - take 5g when you get a craving for sugar. It will greatly diminish the craving or eliminate it completely.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 03:01 PM   #44
Bobby_Light
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Main33vnt View Post
Whatabout to lose weight.. anyone use any type of shit?
Don't worry about the number of the scale. What matters is your body composition. How much of me is fat and how much of me isn't? The better your body composition, the more efficient your body is at burning calories. Muscle = metabolism so make sure you are doing some resistance training to promote muscle growth. Watch your calories - calculate roughly how many calories you need daily. Use the link below to do so.

http://www.ahealthyme.com/topic/calneed

Shop around the perimeter of the grocery store - avoid saturated fats, processed foods, and sugars, juice, caffeine, and sodas. Eat lots of veggies, fruits, healthy fats, lean proteins (fish/chicken).

Suggestions:

Whey protein if needed- body weight divided by 2.2 = daily protein needed in grams
Glutamine - 5-15g post workout - helps build muscle and keep muscle from breaking down
Norwegian Fish oil or Flax Oil 3x daily - for fats loss and muscle growth
TONS of Water!! - helps remove toxins
Sleep 8-9hrs!! - important
Ramp up cardio - at least three times a week; must be 10 minutes or more of a sustained rhythmic activity
1-3 sets of 12-20 reps to fatigue
Rest period between sets - 60 to 120 seconds
Don't exceed 5 workouts a week. Keep workouts under an hour. Have a plan.
Appreciate 0