BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

03-07-2013, 10:31 AM   #1
Gulu100
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 23 X7 40i,17 f12 vert

Need 2 new rear tires, Any recommendations where to get them from?

I need two tires in the next few weeks. I am currently wearing the Michelin Pilot Sport PS2. I have 19" oems. I was looking on tirerack why are the michelin super sports so much cheaper?

Is Curry's my only option to get tires locally?

I got a quote from them for about $1053 for everything includes tire protection and balancing. the tires themselves were $461

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2013, 01:20 PM   #2
Raja Ventureshield
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 coupe

RRT as well. The thing you have to keep in mind with the tires is that most places are not making money selling you tires, they are making money on the installation itself. Tire price margin is 5% or less. best thing to do is look at tires you want at tirerack and ask local shop to match it, then get it installed there.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2013, 02:33 PM   #3
WarrantyTracker
Track? What Track? I was just riding along . . .
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White E92 M3

Curry's is a TireRack installer. There are several other local shops that are TireRack installers too. TireRack lists them, and the prices each installer charges to install TireRack-supplied rubber.

I went the TireRack route for my last purchase. It was very low-hassle. Except that the BMW valve stem attached to the tire pressure monitor gave up the ghost a week after the install, and I pinch-flatted the tire. Fortunately I had road hazard warranty coverage.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2013, 08:50 AM   #4
mazing
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011.5 Jet Black M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBasham View Post
Curry's is a TireRack installer. There are several other local shops that are TireRack installers too. TireRack lists them, and the prices each installer charges to install TireRack-supplied rubber.

I went the TireRack route for my last purchase. It was very low-hassle. Except that the BMW valve stem attached to the tire pressure monitor gave up the ghost a week after the install, and I pinch-flatted the tire. Fortunately I had road hazard warranty coverage.
I went Curry's they were the cheapest when I got all four done on my car for a winter setup including mounting etc.
      04-27-2013, 10:35 AM   #5
Webz
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Might be too late but Radial Tire in Silver Spring always gets my business for tires. Good prices and awesome staff.
Appreciate 0