BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

04-09-2013, 02:29 PM   #67
Staszek
Schumacher
Rep
Drives: E30 325is,E93 M3,X7M50,F06 M6

Garage List
This car did it
Attached Images

04-09-2013, 02:35 PM   #68
quiksi
Captain
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: E90

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by zamboni View Post
First encounter with BMW was M1 back in Vancouver 1986 and could never forgot that car since. Now 4 BMW's later I was able to make the move to E93 M3 and could not be any happier.
when I picked up my car at PCD, there was an M1 parked right outside... what a beauty

2011 E90 M3 6mt AW/Speed Cloth - ZCP, Moonroof, non-iDrive - PCD 12/9/10
Painted reflectors, matte black grills/gills, Deansbimmer Belly Pan, DEI Alarm, Homelink/compass retrofit, Passport MAX2 Hardwire, GP Thunder 8500K, modmy3 LED interior, Dinan Mufflers, HRE P40 19" Satin Charcoal, Michelin PS4S
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2013, 02:43 PM   #69
OneMmmm
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

I was 15 when I had my first encounter. A young guy who worked for my dad had awesome taste in cars. Every time he purchased a new car, he'd take me for a spin.

I remember riding in a CLK55 with him once, and we pulled up next to a CLK430. He asked if I knew the difference between the two... I just replied that I thought his was faster. He replied "much faster" and hit it.

Later, he purchased an E46 M3 to replace the AMG. The ride that followed, may have been one of the most enjoyable I can remember. I'd never been in a car that sounded so good, or looked so mean.

I made a deal with myself that day that I would own an M3 before I am 30... I'm picking my first ///M up on Saturday with a couple years to spare
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2013, 02:53 PM   #70
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMmmm View Post
I was 15 when I had my first encounter. A young guy who worked for my dad had awesome taste in cars. Every time he purchased a new car, he'd take me for a spin.

I remember riding in a CLK55 with him once, and we pulled up next to a CLK430. He asked if I knew the difference between the two... I just replied that I thought his was faster. He replied "much faster" and hit it.

Later, he purchased an E46 M3 to replace the AMG. The ride that followed, may have been one of the most enjoyable I can remember. I'd never been in a car that sounded so good, or looked so mean.

I made a deal with myself that day that I would own an M3 before I am 30... I'm picking my first ///M up on Saturday with a couple years to spare
Well Congratulations to you

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2013, 03:08 PM   #71
OneMmmm
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. ///M3 RD
Quote:

Well Congratulations to you
Thanks! Your advice on negotiating helped me keep my head straight.

I'll post again after my first encounter as an owner!!!
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2013, 03:19 PM   #72
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Quote:
Thanks! Your advice on negotiating helped me keep my head straight.

I'll post again after my first encounter as an owner!!!
Glad to be of help ... this is what this forum is all about.

Drive safely always and many a happy trails

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2013, 03:34 PM   #73
cosmicdust
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3 Coupe

Bought a new 2008 335xi late 2007 ... it was the last car I test drove in a long string of cars trying to find just the right car to replace my 2003 Nissan Altima 3.5 ... nothing I test drove caught my fancy so I thought I'd give BMW a try, even though I'd never been a fan ... after the 3rd test drive (and an introduction to power mode), I was sold and the rest is history ... just replaced my 335xi with a space gray 2013 M3 ... picked it up at the performance center two weeks ago ... at 1,150 miles now, break-in service on Thu ... then the real fun begins!
Appreciate 0