BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

Mporium BMW

05-03-2011, 10:04 PM   #947
JohnSprm69
Colonel
Rep
Drives: AW e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh06lau View Post
so now it is going to be lakers vs. Oklahoma and heat vs. chicago

fixed that for ya buddy
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2011, 10:07 PM   #948
Inspired
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsprm69 View Post
fixed that for ya buddy
That's only if the Bulls can even get past the Hawks. The Bulls look like the 60 win Lebron's Cavs. 1 man team that doesn't show up in the playoff. I don't see them going very far. They can barely knock out the 8th seed Pacers. Most games were decided by ~+/- 5 points..
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2011, 07:42 AM   #949
d3l0n
I love the ///M3, but I want 550hp ///M5
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW330iE90

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by choicez View Post
These playoffs are dragging. It's taking 2 weeks to finish each series and it will take almost 2 months to king a champion. The NBA trying to squeeze every penny from us...
what penny?

I dont know about you but i love game 7 series'. Nothing better than competitive sports. Plus... when the NBA season ends.. there is nothing for me till MLB Playoffs and NFL season...
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2011, 08:27 AM   #950
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturbo335 View Post
That's only if the Bulls can even get past the Hawks. The Bulls look like the 60 win Lebron's Cavs. 1 man team that doesn't show up in the playoff. I don't see them going very far. They can barely knock out the 8th seed Pacers. Most games were decided by ~+/- 5 points..
Beating the Pacers 4 games to 1 is not what I would consider "barely" beating them. Games were close and the Pacers played solid, physical basketball, you have to give them that. They never stood a chance though, especially when they are playing their best basketball against a team playing mediocre at best and still losing those games.

You've made the Lebron/Cavs comparison before (at least someone has) and I guess only time will tell. The Bulls are much more cohesive than those Cavs teams ever were IMO, and yes, a lot of their success is predicated on Rose playing well. A major difference I see is coaching. This is Thibodeau's first year as a head coach, he's got the best record in the regular season, coach of the year award, and the youngest MVP ever. Their pieces are also in place, I think Boozer has been playing hurt for a lot of the second half, Noah is starting to turn it on, and our bench players average 26pts per game.

Insinuating they haven't shown up to the playoffs is a little premature, as the outcome of this series is far from being determined. And if we want to look back at Rose and Noah's playoff history, I certainly wouldn't say they didn't show up to those Boston series, despite the fact that Vinny Del Negro can't coach.

So I guess I'm not seeing a lot of this comparison of the Bulls being a one man team, when the Cavs actually were. They had no coaching, no supporting cast, and failed year after year to get what they paid for out of their players, aside from maybe Mo Williams. They earned that reputation through repeated failure in the playoffs. I wouldn't cast the Bulls in the same light given they've only played 6 playoff games this year, and have otherwise exceeded expectations whether it be previously playoff rounds or their regular season performance this year
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2011, 02:34 PM   #951
JohnSprm69
Colonel
Rep
Drives: AW e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTM View Post
Beating the Pacers 4 games to 1 is not what I would consider "barely" beating them.

+1,

they will beat the hawks to go onto to loose to the heat.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2011, 04:16 PM   #952
Inspired
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTM View Post
Beating the Pacers 4 games to 1 is not what I would consider "barely" beating them. Games were close and the Pacers played solid, physical basketball, you have to give them that. They never stood a chance though, especially when they are playing their best basketball against a team playing mediocre at best and still losing those games.
Well, beating the Pacers decided by +/- 5 points is what I call barely beating (not including the blowout game 6). Regardless if they came out with more wins. You would expect the best team in the league to play a lot better against the worst playoff team with a negative record.

Quote:
You've made the Lebron/Cavs comparison before (at least someone has) and I guess only time will tell. The Bulls are much more cohesive than those Cavs teams ever were IMO, and yes, a lot of their success is predicated on Rose playing well. A major difference I see is coaching. This is Thibodeau's first year as a head coach, he's got the best record in the regular season, coach of the year award, and the youngest MVP ever. Their pieces are also in place, I think Boozer has been playing hurt for a lot of the second half, Noah is starting to turn it on, and our bench players average 26pts per game.
So far in Chicago's playoff games, I do not see any chemistry what so ever. Really reminds me of the early Miami season when they were 8-8. Although Rose is the MVP for the regular season, he is palying a lot worst in the playoffs. His field goal % is ~35% in the first round compared to his season average of ~45%. He is shooting extremely poorly beyond the arc with 21% of the shots made compared to his season average of 33%. Let's not forget about Boozer who is the #2 man on the team. His shooting % dropped 15% against the Pacers.. As the playoffs continue, the Bulls will face much more physical team such as Miami or Boston, which I really can't see the Bulls beating.

Quote:
Insinuating they haven't shown up to the playoffs is a little premature, as the outcome of this series is far from being determined. And if we want to look back at Rose and Noah's playoff history, I certainly wouldn't say they didn't show up to those Boston series, despite the fact that Vinny Del Negro can't coach.

So I guess I'm not seeing a lot of this comparison of the Bulls being a one man team, when the Cavs actually were. They had no coaching, no supporting cast, and failed year after year to get what they paid for out of their players, aside from maybe Mo Williams. They earned that reputation through repeated failure in the playoffs. I wouldn't cast the Bulls in the same light given they've only played 6 playoff games this year, and have otherwise exceeded expectations whether it be previously playoff rounds or their regular season performance this year
Only time will tell if they can beat the Hawks. But they sure have a huge challenge ahead going against Miami or Boston.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2011, 06:11 PM   #953
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!

Garage List
Again, those are numbers based off 6 games only. Going back to the "dynasty" years with Jordan, it's not like every playoff game was a blowout, regardless of the team's seed. I agree that the on court interaction (chemistry if you want to call it that) was far less than perfect in the Pacer's series - they didn't play at all close to what they're capable of, but it game 5 (there was no game 6) they turned it on when they had to.

Boozer's been hurt, Rose is banged up, but the bench players are doing pretty well IMO. Boston is another year older, minus Perkins. Miami has looked good, but that's been far from the case all season. That's gonna be a tough series on both teams.

As far as the Hawks go, sure, they came out, and took it to us. 1 game, not the end of the world. I think Thibodeau's defensive schemes play very well into the very structured offense that the Hawks play, and with Heinrich out, Joe Johnson is really gonna have to play out of his mind every game. Provided the Bulls stay healthy (Rose's ankle roll 2 nights ago scared the shit out of me), the Hawks don't worry me, I don't see why they couldn't beat Boston or Miami in 7 games, though I certainly wouldn't guarantee it.

The fact that expectations are so high in such a short amount of time lends to what the Bulls are capable of. I'm not saying they'll win the championship this year, but I wouldn't count them out that easily. Either way, they're gonna be a fun team to watch develop for the next decade, and it would be a major implosion of the organization if when all is said and done, they truly do stack up with those Cavs teams you're comparing them to.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2011, 11:53 PM   #954
Kensta335
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

Not looking for the Lakers. Gonna be down 0-2.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2011, 11:58 PM   #955
Tee212
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: yes

Garage List
2010 335  [8.00]
cons - ZERO 3p made disparity, ft% crap, bench production crap
pros - no one is injured
mood - panic time

Lakers killed my night
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2011, 12:10 AM   #956
Kensta335
Brigadier General
Rep

Horrible game. No rhythm at all. JJ Barea killing it. Blake playing like ass. Lamar can't make a lay-up to save his life.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2011, 12:10 AM   #957
hipnotic
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Garage List
2008 335i coupe  [7.00]
gl lakers
      05-05-2011, 12:47 AM   #958
Inspired
Colonel
Rep

wow..never would of expected Mavs to take both games in LA..especially without Butler..

Just saw this on NBA.com

Quote:
When losing Games 1 and 2 of a best-of-seven series, the Lakers are 2-16 all-time. When splitting the first two games, the Lakers are 29-12.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2011, 12:55 AM   #959
Tee212
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: yes

Garage List
2010 335  [8.00]
Is there a phil stat of losing the first 2 with the lakers in a series?
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2011, 01:03 AM   #960
Inspired
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee212 View Post
Is there a phil stat of losing the first 2 with the lakers in a series?
2008 NBA finals @ boston's homecourt
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2011, 10:15 AM   #961
Bimmer335i
Major
Rep
Drives: 07 Sparkling Graphite 335i Sed

Essentially Phil's been outcoached by Carlise, both games. Looks to me the end of the Lakers era has arrived...LA needs to move Gasol.
      05-05-2011, 11:28 AM   #962
Kensta335
Brigadier General
Rep

Does look like Pau doesn't want to be on the team anymore. But it's pretty pathetic for those Lakers "fan" to boo him though.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2011, 11:59 AM   #963
Inspired
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer335i View Post
Essentially Phil's been outcoached by Carlise, both games. Looks to me the end of the Lakers era has arrived...LA needs to move Gasol.
It's not over yet. Mavs still has to win 1 out of the 2 games at home.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2011, 02:18 PM   #964
Bimmer335i
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturbo335 View Post
It's not over yet. Mavs still has to win 1 out of the 2 games at home.
sure, it's not official yet, but the fat lady's getting her gig ready...
      05-05-2011, 02:21 PM   #965
Bimmer335i
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensta335 View Post
Does look like Pau doesn't want to be on the team anymore. But it's pretty pathetic for those Lakers "fan" to boo him though.
i wouldn't blame the fans though..they spend a fortune to go see these lakers games...they have the right to boo/cheer, etc..especially when the bench had gone fishing during the first series, and the starters are making prep for summer vacation this round...remember, Kobe said this team is much more healthy than the previous 2 championship runs, relatively speaking.
      05-05-2011, 02:32 PM   #966
Kensta335
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer335i View Post
i wouldn't blame the fans though..they spend a fortune to go see these lakers games...they have the right to boo/cheer, etc..especially when the bench had gone fishing during the first series, and the starters are making prep for summer vacation this round...remember, Kobe said this team is much more healthy than the previous 2 championship runs, relatively speaking.
Those are fair weather fans. The real fans would try to cheer as loud to try to motivate the player. Imagine Jack Nicholson booing Gasol.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 03:25 PM   #967
choicez
Major
Rep
Drives: you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensta335 View Post
Drama for your mama. Bet it's Kobe's wife...

http://mediatakeout.com/48386/id.htm...7b51e753af%2C0
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 05:05 PM   #968
Kensta335
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by choicez View Post
Drama for your mama. Bet it's Kobe's wife...

http://mediatakeout.com/48386/id.htm...7b51e753af%2C0
Haha, was gonna post that here too. No doubt it's Vanessa. I remember she had some crazy drama with their maid too.
Appreciate 0