BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

Mporium BMW

12-02-2008, 04:21 PM   #23
roverrich
Rep
Drives: E93 M5

Guys, I asked this before on the forum but never got an answer. How do these aftermarket exhausts, specifically the Eisenmann hold up to winter use/abuse? We use a lot of salt here in Chicago and am worried that the pretty stainless finish will not tolerate the winters and may actually corrode through. Actually a Chicago Western 'burb BMW dealer flat out told me this, is it all BS?
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2008, 05:51 PM   #24
IND-Distribution
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: G82 M4 / G87 M2

All Eisenmann exhausts carry a 2 year warranty against corrosion. In my eight years of watching the Eisenmann brand, four years of selling the Eisenmann brand, and one year of distributing the Eisenmann brand, I can honestly tell you that I've never seen a single system rust through, or come back for a warranty claim due to rust of corrosion.

Eisenmann uses 304 stainless steel throughout the entire system, including the internals, hangers, and even the clamps.

Since you're in Chicago, I'd love to show you one of our shop cars with an Eisenmann exhaust installed! Feel free to give us a call at any time and come in to check out the exhausts in person.

Last edited by IND-Distribution; 12-02-2008 at 06:45 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2008, 06:15 PM   #25
SlammedR8
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i/2020 R8 V10 Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by roverrich View Post
Guys, I asked this before on the forum but never got an answer. How do these aftermarket exhausts, specifically the Eisenmann hold up to winter use/abuse? We use a lot of salt here in Chicago and am worried that the pretty stainless finish will not tolerate the winters and may actually corrode through. Actually a Chicago Western 'burb BMW dealer flat out told me this, is it all BS?

as a precaution...i wipe the tips with a damp microfiber after every wash to keep them from getting ugly for next spring/summer!

I would hate to make a claim and have to remove it!
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Spyder 6MT - Ascari Blue/Black
Appreciate 0