BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Canada

BPM

08-28-2010, 10:59 AM   #1
sawzall
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: A Car

Garage List
2012 911S  [10.00]
2011 911 GT3 RS  [0.00]
Phew.... Decent Service

So I ended up getting the dreaded EDC malfunction error on my car about 2 weeks ago at 600KM on the odometer. I'm happy to report all was resolved in short order by the dealership (Maranello BMW). I took the car in the same day as the malfunction, and they quickly diagnosed that the rear shocks were defective (basically the dial on the head of the shocks were jammed). The parts were special ordered from Germany, but my SA confirmed that it was safe to continue driving in writing, so I didn't have any real downtime.

About 10 days after ordering the parts, everything was fixed under warranty (along with a 4 wheel alignment). By the time the parts were to be replaced, I was at 1500KM, and the dealership took care of the break-in service as well.

I was originally angry that the car had a problem so early on, but the SA and technician did a great job of finding the problem and keeping me informed. Later on my friend with an S5 helped put it in context for me . At 5,000KM he had his fuel pump and water pump replaced due to a misdiagnosis of a computer failure.

On a side note, the EDC failure has caused me to delay the purchase/installation of the Dinan Stage 1 Suspension + camber plates. I'm going to leave the car as is for another 10,000KM just to make sure all is well. I exchanged emails with Sam at Cross Avenue Auto; they still deal Dinan stuff and are much more reasonable than Budds for installation costs.

Last edited by sawzall; 08-28-2010 at 04:32 PM..
Appreciate 0