BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

05-01-2014, 06:13 PM   #1
ybbiz34
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2023 330i M Sport

700+ horsepower wide body station wagon drifting

Red Bread, this one is for you buddy.

Gone: '18 W205 C43 Sedan
Gone: '13 W204 C63 Sedan
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2014, 06:34 PM   #2
Lups
Rep
Drives: I don't own a car.

So if a gallon of milk is 4 dollars, then add tires and divide the cost of two new ones per 4 trips, this would probably not be a reasonable option for me financially. Speed and smoke of course is everything, and if one has to stop to change the tires every fourth trip, that may interfere with the milk run times very much since the shortest way is less than a mile to the shop.

The normal route I take has no tire shops on it, so it is not an option. Still, that would be a way to arrive to the parking lot of QFC.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2014, 11:06 PM   #3
WreckerX5d
Warrant Officer
United_States
Rep
Drives: Deezul

I came
      05-01-2014, 11:08 PM   #4
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrecker335d View Post
I came
And they say men are more difficult these days than they used to be. Go wash your hands now.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2014, 12:41 AM   #5
Soorena
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M3 6MT

Garage List
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2014, 12:57 AM   #6
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soorena View Post
Oh come on, in Paris that would just be egged in minutes! Still, your getaway would be a sight, and please make sure someone films it for us! Hell, I'll fly back there just to get it on tape myself!
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2014, 02:01 AM   #7
wisesoul
Savoir Faire
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5

Black Series Wagon=My new dream car
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2014, 02:12 AM   #8
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisesoul View Post
Black Series Wagon=My new dream car
I just want something too small for the dogs and the kids to get in, but the theoretical chance that they have to be thrown in and still fit somehow, has to be an option. When the M4 comes here, our family will start a new era with the school runs, daddy takes them, while mum goes away. The direction is unclear still, milk can be bought anywhere.

I still hold my ground, that car would cost me so much, I have no self control when other family members are not in the car. This would cost me in tires so much, the man holding the shop on my way to the grocery store would send his grand kids to college with it. I would just love to see the Prius neighborhood in that smoke.

I intend to grow up just before the midlife hits, so I still have time to play.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2014, 05:36 AM   #9
Soorena
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
Oh come on, in Paris that would just be egged in minutes! Still, your getaway would be a sight, and please make sure someone films it for us! Hell, I'll fly back there just to get it on tape myself!
Getting egged in a C-Class estate? No way. They don't care if it's a supercharged AMG, estates are welcome. If it was a ML250 diesel on the other hand though...
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2014, 07:49 AM   #10
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Getting egged in a C-Class estate? No way. They don't care if it's a supercharged AMG, estates are welcome. If it was a ML250 diesel on the other hand though...
Well, they deserve it better, they are uglier. Maybe the environmentalists have it right this time!
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2014, 08:39 AM   #11
ybbiz34
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2023 330i M Sport

Quote:
So if a gallon of milk is 4 dollars, then add tires and divide the cost of two new ones per 4 trips, this would probably not be a reasonable option for me financially. Speed and smoke of course is everything, and if one has to stop to change the tires every fourth trip, that may interfere with the milk run times very much since the shortest way is less than a mile to the shop.

The normal route I take has no tire shops on it, so it is not an option. Still, that would be a way to arrive to the parking lot of QFC.
Buy stock in Michelin (not a bad investment). Or have the milk delivered. Problem solved!

Note: They actually still deliver milk (in glass bottles to boot) where I live. I just hope my first born bears no resemblance to the milk man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrecker335d View Post
I came
Gone: '18 W205 C43 Sedan
Gone: '13 W204 C63 Sedan
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2014, 09:10 AM   #12
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybbiz34 View Post
Buy stock in Michelin (not a bad investment). Or have the milk delivered. Problem solved!

Note: They actually still deliver milk (in glass bottles to boot) where I live. I just hope my first born bears no resemblance to the milk man.
But how would I justify getting an other car, if not with the milk?

There is no part in me that does not acknowledge the truth, that I could just get a life, get over the need for speed, grow up, buy a dress and act like a 31 year old for ones. Then this all gets over run when someone drives by in a beauty, and I get so pissed in that Q boat that I want to throw the russell in to the arms of the innocent person behind the wheel of the other car.

As an expert of the female mind (bullshit), I can reassure you, nowadays we go for the pool boys. The consumption of milk is going down so fast, the milkmen are getting old, and we needed the upgrade. Besides, the costumes are better. The firemen of course never go out of fashion also, so don't set your house on fire, and fill the pool with rocks, and you will be fine.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2014, 09:40 AM   #13
Soorena
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Well, they deserve it better, they are uglier. Maybe the environmentalists have it right this time!
It's not that they like hot wagons or something, it's just because they are dumb when it comes to cars. If you have a wagon or a minivan that run on baby seals it's okay, but if you have a clean running sports car or SUV or luxury car prepare for negative reactions from people.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2014, 10:00 AM   #14
Lups
Rep

Quote:
It's not that they like hot wagons or something, it's just because they are dumb when it comes to cars. If you have a wagon or a minivan that run on baby seals it's okay, but if you have a clean running sports car or SUV or luxury car prepare for negative reactions from people.
Yeah, I know. Our street is stuffed with Prius, and eco this and that. They shop for organic food and triple wrap it in plastic. I tried explaining them ones, that their way is so far from green, it makes a sane person hurl, and I tried going trough the numbers with them, and I got the blank stares as a return.

Oh well, they are not my problem anymore, I didn't take the supercharged badges of the Audi for a reason, and I made damn sure they blame me for the car, instead of my spouse. I also had a nice talk with the men on our street about how to maximize the gas consumption a few weeks ago, just to avoid playdates with the wife population. Now all I have to do is play metal music loud while on our street, and I think i'm good for the next two years.

Somehow these guys managed to get my quota of hypocrisy full in the first three days on this street. We eat organic food (one would not touch other stuff in this country), I never buy anything, and we try to make sure our consumption in every way is low. I need the points for the engines.
Appreciate 0