BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Video + PC Gaming / Computing

EXXEL Distributions

12-09-2010, 11:42 AM   #67
Jaypod
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Frozen M3, AM V8V, 991 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
pedal tuning kit?

Which is that..?

I didn't see it on the site to order anything like that

or did I miss something..

When you get it, if you could post pictures that would be awesome

I am curious about the wheel stand... cause I'm worried it's hard to get the right chair for it... and if you have to go and buy another chair... well might as well just get a Evolution playseat lol
Have the wheel and love it - tried it on GT5 and works great - just have to put it in compatibility mode (if you google settings for the wheel, you will see what some people are using for settings). If you look on the site you will see the pedal tuning kit etc. I personally didn't bother. I have the wheel stand its great, should work for any chair really as its fairly adjustable. I use it on my couch. I just ordered the rennsport cockpit and triple monitor display, but it wont be here for a while as it takes 6 weeks to get.

Just signed up for iracing as well and the wheel works well on that too. Great wheel in my opinion, but I am an amateur when it comes to wheels and games.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2010, 01:12 PM   #68
phile92
pok gai, ho fai
United_States
Rep
Drives: truck-boat-truck

anyone know if gt5 is compatible with analog clutch yet?

Quote:
pedal tuning kit?

Which is that..?

I didn't see it on the site to order anything like that

or did I miss something..

When you get it, if you could post pictures that would be awesome

I am curious about the wheel stand... cause I'm worried it's hard to get the right chair for it... and if you have to go and buy another chair... well might as well just get a Evolution playseat lol
yeah dude, fanatec makes a kit for adjusting the settings for the clubsport pedal set. check it out http://www.fanatec.de/webshop/new_us...9a8d9deb88cef3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypod View Post
Have the wheel and love it - tried it on GT5 and works great - just have to put it in compatibility mode (if you google settings for the wheel, you will see what some people are using for settings). If you look on the site you will see the pedal tuning kit etc. I personally didn't bother. I have the wheel stand its great, should work for any chair really as its fairly adjustable. I use it on my couch. I just ordered the rennsport cockpit and triple monitor display, but it wont be here for a while as it takes 6 weeks to get.

Just signed up for iracing as well and the wheel works well on that too. Great wheel in my opinion, but I am an amateur when it comes to wheels and games.
how long did it take for the wheel to get to you? (from the date you placed the order to when it arrived)

yeah and calibrating the settings on the gt3 wheel look crazy. i found this video review with a calibration demo. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGVbF...yer_embedded#!
      12-09-2010, 01:53 PM   #69
Jaypod
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by phile92 View Post
anyone know if gt5 is compatible with analog clutch yet?

how long did it take for the wheel to get to you? (from the date you placed the order to when it arrived)
Haven t tried the clutch yet as my shift kit was just shipped as it was on back order when I ordered mine.

I ordered mine on Oct 30th, Shipped on Nov 2, I received it on Nov 10th (to Canada so had to go thru customs too.) You will get a confirmation email when shipped with tracking numbers.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2010, 02:22 PM   #70
phile92
pok gai, ho fai
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypod View Post
Haven t tried the clutch yet as my shift kit was just shipped as it was on back order when I ordered mine.

I ordered mine on Oct 30th, Shipped on Nov 2, I received it on Nov 10th (to Canada so had to go thru customs too.) You will get a confirmation email when shipped with tracking numbers.
wow fanatec must be seriously busy during the holiday season. i just checked the webstore and the gt3 rs clubsport edition is gone and has been replaced with the gt2 clubsport. i assume they already sold out of the shipment that hasn't even arrived at their california warehouse yet.

i think i read somewhere that gt5 doesnt support analog clutch, which means its either on or off unlike the brake and gas pedals. also do you have the clubsport pedals? if you do, does the forcefeedback brake work for gt5? i swear i read in a old gt5 thread somewhere that gt5 doesnt support it, but the calibration video i found shows the guy adjusting the brake for ps3.
      12-09-2010, 02:32 PM   #71
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

if the analog clutch and abs brakes work with GT5

I'll order it

no more questions
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2010, 02:47 PM   #72
phile92
pok gai, ho fai
United_States
Rep

Quote:
if the analog clutch and abs brakes work with GT5

I'll order it

no more questions
price just went up...

i ordered my gt3 rs clubsport for $350 last week and now the gt2 clubsport, which looks exactly the same as far as i can tell, is going for $500

edit: just double checked their website. the difference is the gt2 clubsport is wireless and compatible with xbox 360. and i also found out, the wireless dongle shaped like a porsche key doesnt work with the gt3 rs.

Last edited by phile92; 12-09-2010 at 02:57 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2010, 03:41 PM   #73
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

gt3 and gt2 are different

I dont want the gt2

i want the gt3 rs v2

I know they're on back order

but I'm not in a rush

I plan to play this game for years to come, just like GT4
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2010, 04:48 PM   #74
phile92
pok gai, ho fai
United_States
Rep

Quote:
gt3 and gt2 are different

I dont want the gt2

i want the gt3 rs v2

I know they're on back order

but I'm not in a rush

I plan to play this game for years to come, just like GT4
but if you're looking to pair it with the clubsport pedal for a discount in the gt3rs clubsport, its looks like its no longer available. you're going to have to buy the wheel ($180) and the clubsport pedals ($200) separately. fanatec emailed me back and they said my order is going to ship late december from their california warehouse. so i bet if you ordered now, you would get it by new years
      12-15-2010, 05:08 PM   #75
Jaypod
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
wow fanatec must be seriously busy during the holiday season. i just checked the webstore and the gt3 rs clubsport edition is gone and has been replaced with the gt2 clubsport. i assume they already sold out of the shipment that hasn't even arrived at their california warehouse yet.

i think i read somewhere that gt5 doesnt support analog clutch, which means its either on or off unlike the brake and gas pedals. also do you have the clubsport pedals? if you do, does the forcefeedback brake work for gt5? i swear i read in a old gt5 thread somewhere that gt5 doesnt support it, but the calibration video i found shows the guy adjusting the brake for ps3.
Sorry just saw this now. I do have the clubsport pedals. With one of the settings that someone had posted on the fanatec site, the brake pedal did offer feedback, not sure what setting specifically does it though. (I am a rookie at this stuff )
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2010, 04:52 PM   #76
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

I want the GT3RS V2 wheel but is it really worth it?

the standard wheel is 160 with pedals !

the GT3 will run $400... versus the $180~ standard ones..

then comes in the whole are the clubsport pedals worth it..
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2010, 07:17 PM   #77
HPFREAK
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: C6 ZO6

From what I understand the clubsport version has far better sensitivity in the pedals and wheel for more precise driving feel and throttle position, plus they are totally adjustable which is nice, and the GT2 clubsport which is what I may get will work with PC, PS3, XBOX. I will use it for GT5 and TDU2 on xbox. So in that regard the 500 is worth it since it works with 3 platforms. The regular carrera setup for 160 has plastic pedals no paddle shifters and is not going to be as realistic. You may as well go to best buy or gamestop and get the Logitech Drive GT wheel for 100 bucks. It will work fine but it will feel a little cheap. I held one today and it is light and not sturdy feeling. I may get one from best buy and use it until the Fanatec comes in then return it.

Quote:
I want the GT3RS V2 wheel but is it really worth it?

the standard wheel is 160 with pedals !

the GT3 will run $400... versus the $180~ standard ones..

then comes in the whole are the clubsport pedals worth it..
      12-27-2010, 01:02 PM   #78
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

the Posrche Standard wheel is better than a normal logitech wheel

I read around on the ps3 forums

plus it's a full size wheel vs the mini wheels they have

though it's not comparable to the GT3RS..
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2010, 02:10 PM   #79
HPFREAK
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

ya I have been reading the same after I looked more. The only issue is you cant get the GT3 wheel or the 911 turbo wheel that works with all platforms which is what I want. They are backordered and Fanatec wont respond to my email to tell me if I ordered right now if I would actually get one. I do not want to order one for $500+ unless I know I will be alotted one for sure. I can order a G27 through Gamestop and get it by friday they said if I do overnight, and return it to a store if I do not like it but I am still out the shipping which is only 18 bucks.

Not sure what to do. I may go pick up the regular Logitech GT wheel and see how it is. I just hate that plastic look and feel of the pedals and the buttons for the paddle shift. I want actual paddles.

If they respond to me would you want to order them together to save on shipping since I am in Glendale not far from you? maybe they would do a package deal for both.

Quote:
the Posrche Standard wheel is better than a normal logitech wheel

I read around on the ps3 forums

plus it's a full size wheel vs the mini wheels they have

though it's not comparable to the GT3RS..
      12-27-2010, 03:13 PM   #80
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Hey

A package deal should work out yeah

My friend is also interested, so maybe we can do 3

Have you looked into the wheel stand?

I only use my xbox for FPS so I don't need the wheel to work for it

I read that their warehouse is in SoCal?

Maybe we can pick up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad@PSI MOTORS View Post
ya I have been reading the same after I looked more. The only issue is you cant get the GT3 wheel or the 911 turbo wheel that works with all platforms which is what I want. They are backordered and Fanatec wont respond to my email to tell me if I ordered right now if I would actually get one. I do not want to order one for $500+ unless I know I will be alotted one for sure. I can order a G27 through Gamestop and get it by friday they said if I do overnight, and return it to a store if I do not like it but I am still out the shipping which is only 18 bucks.

Not sure what to do. I may go pick up the regular Logitech GT wheel and see how it is. I just hate that plastic look and feel of the pedals and the buttons for the paddle shift. I want actual paddles.

If they respond to me would you want to order them together to save on shipping since I am in Glendale not far from you? maybe they would do a package deal for both.

Last edited by persian54; 04-21-2011 at 05:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2010, 03:23 PM   #81
HPFREAK
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

sent you an email.

Quote:
Hey

Send me an email

A package deal should work out yeah

My friend is also interested, so maybe we can do 3

Have you looked into the wheel stand?

I only use my xbox for FPS so I don't need the wheel to work for it

I read that their warehouse is in SoCal?

Maybe we can pick up?

Last edited by HPFREAK; 04-25-2011 at 11:56 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2011, 08:35 AM   #82
phile92
pok gai, ho fai
United_States
Rep

i believe their new GT2 wheel is compatible with pc, xbox, and ps3.

the gt3rs clubsport edit that i ordered early december that was due to ship late december is now pushed back to early january. i think the gt2 is first fanatec wheel thats compatible with xbox and maybe the first clutch wheel compatible with xbox, so im willing to bet the estimated ship date of sometime in january for the gt2 is going to get pushed back as well. esp with hungry forza3 players and many of them strapped with xmas cash.

judging by what ive read on other forums, fanatec functions at a snail's pace when inundated with orders, but they do eventually come through. i wouldn't worry about getting one if you pre-order, just expect to sweat a little if the 3 of you combine orders (youre looking at ~$1400 paypal transfer to a germany-based company with shady customer service and maybe a month long wait before they ship your order) but again, if you want these wheels, you gotta live with it.

...unless you guys find new ones on ebay or something or manage to get a hold of real ppl at fanatec in the hills. gl with that tho. every time i tried to call them, it went straight to answering machine and every email ive sent goes to germany.

their location on their website says they're located at 8200 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 200
Beverly Hills, CA 90211. im not sure if its a warehouse/store/office/or what, but if any of you guys actually goes there, crack some heads for me and tell them to ship my setup.

gl everyone
      01-06-2011, 10:50 AM   #83
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
i believe their new GT2 wheel is compatible with pc, xbox, and ps3.

the gt3rs clubsport edit that i ordered early december that was due to ship late december is now pushed back to early january. i think the gt2 is first fanatec wheel thats compatible with xbox and maybe the first clutch wheel compatible with xbox, so im willing to bet the estimated ship date of sometime in january for the gt2 is going to get pushed back as well. esp with hungry forza3 players and many of them strapped with xmas cash.

judging by what ive read on other forums, fanatec functions at a snail's pace when inundated with orders, but they do eventually come through. i wouldn't worry about getting one if you pre-order, just expect to sweat a little if the 3 of you combine orders (youre looking at ~$1400 paypal transfer to a germany-based company with shady customer service and maybe a month long wait before they ship your order) but again, if you want these wheels, you gotta live with it.

...unless you guys find new ones on ebay or something or manage to get a hold of real ppl at fanatec in the hills. gl with that tho. every time i tried to call them, it went straight to answering machine and every email ive sent goes to germany.

their location on their website says they're located at 8200 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 200
Beverly Hills, CA 90211. im not sure if its a warehouse/store/office/or what, but if any of you guys actually goes there, crack some heads for me and tell them to ship my setup.

gl everyone

Yeah I'm scared of sending $$ and having to wait and wait and wait...

I'll check the address out

Wish I knew the address yesterday as I was in the area
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2011, 11:22 AM   #84
phile92
pok gai, ho fai
United_States
Rep

Quote:

looks like its an office. i just streetviewed it
      01-06-2011, 11:22 AM   #85
HPFREAK
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

I asked them If I could pick up from their "CA distribution" warehouse, and they said...NINE NINE NINE! Also they have failed to answer 2 of my other questions regarding their customer service methods and how they handle broken or damaged wheels. They just avoided the question. I seriously doubt they ship anything from their address in LA. It may just be an office to deal with customs at the Harbor. Maybe they would have a few sitting their though. I may wait to see if Playseat gets some in stock and order from them along with a seat setup. I do not like placing orders for things that are not in stock and have no firm ship date.

Quote:

01-06-2011, 11:30 AM   #86
dorifto88
Major
Rep
Drives: 88 Nissan Pathfinder

can i get in on this fanatec group buy??
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2011, 12:23 PM   #87
Sylon
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i, SG/CR, 6MT, M-Sport

Garage List
2011 135i  [9.20]
Im thinking about that GT2 wheel, but gotta wait till Im back in the States. So awkward that its easier for me to order a Fanatec wheel from the states than it is from the country its sold from.

Anyone know where I can get a Playseat setup but without the seat??? I already have a seat from an actual car (350Z) but would like that playseat setup.

2011 BMW 135i | Space Gray | ///M-Sport | BMW CCA #450291
Facebook / Instagram / YouTube / Twitter
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2011, 02:55 PM   #88
HPFREAK
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Trust me you will be back in the states long before the GT3 and GT2 wheels are ready. They just pushed the ship time into "Feb". I knew this would happen which is why I did not pre-order. They told me that they would for sure ship this month but no firm time. They will push it off again until march or april. There are issues with China right now, that they are at the mercy of.

This company seems like they have no money to order these things up and stock them for sale on an on-going process. If they did this they would sell more since their are a lot of people like me who do not like this buy and wait bullshit with no idea as to when we will get the product.

Not only that but they are not doing the GT2 clubsport package. Now you have to order all of that indiv.

The wheel comes only with the paddles no H-pattern shifter. Not sure why they changed that on the site since you can still buy the shifters they say. It is getting a little confusing with them. I have zero confidence ordering now. I am going to wait and see if Thrustmaster follows through with their promise to make their wheel compatible with other games and platforms. T

The reviews I have seen say it is a better feeling wheel in GT5 than the GT3 or GT2, and is on parr with the really expensive Frax and ECCI wheels that cost over 2 grand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylon View Post
Im thinking about that GT2 wheel, but gotta wait till Im back in the States. So awkward that its easier for me to order a Fanatec wheel from the states than it is from the country its sold from.

Fry's is supposed to start selling them soon and they do have them on their website no for pre-order. 600 bucks is pretty high though for a wheel that works with only one game right now.

Anyone know where I can get a Playseat setup but without the seat??? I already have a seat from an actual car (350Z) but would like that playseat setup.