BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Electronics: Audio / Video / Phone / Alarm / Navigation / Radar

02-23-2015, 06:02 PM   #1
tgagnebin
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
WTB - Laser Interceptor (BMW Edition of course)

Anyone have a Laser Interceptor system for sale? Must be BMW edition. Prefer at least the triple or quad receiver, but would look at a double as well.
Hit me up!
Tyler
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2015, 11:46 PM   #2
tukluc
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Be careful what you wish for.....I was in the market as well and researching found numerous sites that questioned the validity of the LI:

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/new...terceptor.html
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2015, 01:08 PM   #3
tgagnebin
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tukluc View Post
Be careful what you wish for.....I was in the market as well and researching found numerous sites that questioned the validity of the LI:

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/new...terceptor.html
Thanks for the heads up. I didn't see this before I went on my quest to find one of these LI's. It doesn't look like I'll be purchasing an LI unit.

Looks like there is a ton of info out there and different opinions on what the best system is these days. Any personal preference or real life experience you've had that would make you suggest one system over another?
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2015, 12:11 AM   #4
W Cole
Major
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3

I tested mine with a pro laser III and it worked flawlessly. Go on some of the countermeasure forums. There are tons of independent tests. That guy on Ferrari chat is full of it.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2015, 02:27 AM   #5
tukluc
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

I am not going to vouch for someone I don't know and just because I saw it on the internet....

But...look into it further and there are numerous issues with LI.

Most importantly, I find it interesting that on their OWN website (https://www.laser-interceptorusa.com...te=common/home) .....not a single one is available for purchase? Lawsuit?

Too much $$ for that risk.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2015, 11:10 AM   #6
whats77inaname
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: when at all possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgagnebin View Post
Thanks for the heads up. I didn't see this before I went on my quest to find one of these LI's. It doesn't look like I'll be purchasing an LI unit.

Looks like there is a ton of info out there and different opinions on what the best system is these days. Any personal preference or real life experience you've had that would make you suggest one system over another?
I've had 3 experiences, 2 of which have been documented here:
www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=859480

Last edited by whats77inaname; 03-11-2015 at 11:16 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2015, 05:06 PM   #7
tgagnebin
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
No LI's for sale on website

Very interesting points by a few of you above...

WHY in fact are there no more LI's available on their website? Well one email I got from Cliff said:

"The factory has promised a new Gen. X Laser Interceptor the 1st Qtr of 2015 but as of yet, we have not seen anything."

EDIT - a few emails later, and Cliff was pushing this new "Stinger" brand pretty hard: www.stingerradarusa.com
hmmm

Interesting....wonder when this will happen (IF it happens).

I've also been looking at the Laser Elite LE. I can get a quad unit shipped direct from Great Britain for $900USD. Seems like a steal. Only issue is the heads are not BMW grill friendly, meaning I'd have to mount them lower than ideal. That in itself is debatable as many have mounted their diodes low and still have good coverage.

I'm torn... wait for the new LI to come out and hope it is an improvement, buy a 2nd hand LI unit, or save some money and go with Laser Elite?

Thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2015, 10:20 PM   #8
NYC M3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m3

i bought a quad LI about a year or so ago, and it has saved me plenty of times to pay for itself.
Appreciate 0