BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

European Auto Source (EAS)

04-10-2013, 01:18 PM   #1
slipaway37
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 ZCP/E92/M3

Paint Protection Film over Frozen Colors?

I recently had the 3M VentureShield matte material installed on my Frozen Grey M3. Now my car looks completely "two-toned" from the front fenders forward, and I despise the look.
The rocker panels, rear qtr panels and side mirrors are barely noticeable.
This material is also very absorbent and attracts dust, etc very quickly. I even have bug-gut stains on it already!

I know there isn't a current product avail that replicates the BMW frozen paint scheme (this is more of a satin finish), and I am curious if anyone has tried the standard clear bra application, or have found a different supplier that isn't so noticeable?

An example of the Expel Stealth film is coming, but my guess is it will be the same result.

Thanks for any input.