BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

European Auto Source (EAS)

09-15-2009, 07:58 PM   #45
askiles
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Sedan - Alpine White

Okay, so I pick my car up from the dealer tomorrow. They ended up having to change the VANOS unit! There was one in the country, and luckily I got it. They first changed a VANOS sensor of some type (cam position I believe), and that did not fix it, so they ended up changing the whole unit. It worked though. It has been almost 2 weeks without my car...it is weird!

-Andy
      09-15-2009, 08:51 PM   #46
niterider
Proove It!
Rep
Drives: Gintani Supercharged

Quote:
Originally Posted by kffighter View Post
I got 4 malfunctions last night. (1) Engine malfunction - reduced power, (2) DSC malfunction, (3) DBC malfunction, and (4) start assist malfunction. Service tech at BMW San Diego thinks it is a DSC sensor malfunction. I'm taking it in tomorrow. I have Dinan exhaust and ECU. I'll let you know the results once thry fix it.
This and many of the concerns on here sound like the ICV and the hoses that attach to it. There is an SIB for this, If it happens intermediate, then its the valve only and if its a permanent failure its the valve and all the hoses. The car will also have starting and idle issues.
      09-15-2009, 08:52 PM   #47
niterider
Proove It!
Rep
Drives: Gintani Supercharged

Im sure this will store tons of faults since it will cause the vehicles power to be limited or cause it to not run at all.
      09-15-2009, 10:00 PM   #48
Eugene-TAIWAN
Brigadier General
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by askiles View Post
Okay, so I pick my car up from the dealer tomorrow. They ended up having to change the VANOS unit! There was one in the country, and luckily I got it. They first changed a VANOS sensor of some type (cam position I believe), and that did not fix it, so they ended up changing the whole unit. It worked though. It has been almost 2 weeks without my car...it is weird!

-Andy

congrats!

Past: Gintani stage3 M3, Cayman GTS
present: Porsche 993RWB, 964RS America,996 cupcar, 964 turbo 3.6,Macan Turbo,997GT2,930 turbo,i3, MINI JCW
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2009, 10:32 AM   #49
kffighter
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3 Convertible

Diagnosed as Bad Idel Control Device. Replaced and everthing seems good.
2007 Porsche 911S (gone but always remembered - 1st Porsche)
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2010, 03:13 PM   #50
3toM
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i EB Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by kffighter View Post
Diagnosed as Bad Idel Control Device. Replaced and everthing seems good.
Thanks for posting. I recently had same errors as you. DSC malfunction, DBC malfunction, etc., along with an increased emissions error, and car put into reduced power state. I was initially told by dealer it was the Vanos solenoid. After looking through and seeing these posts, I called the dealer and mentioned checking the Idle control valve. Picked up my car after the weekend, and the repair invoice made no mention of repairing a Vanos solenoid, but did specify the replacement of the idle control valve. Thanks!
Appreciate 0