BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for sale/wanted/trade

EXXEL Distributions

12-17-2011, 07:00 PM   #1
JCtx
Major General
Rep
Drives: No BMW yet

2008 E92 M3 6MT SSII/BLACK, all options, 9K+ miles, ORIGINAL owner

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
Car is sold. Mods, please delete.

Last edited by JCtx; 01-10-2012 at 04:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2011, 08:09 PM   #2
saeedg48
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche 991.1 GT3

interior looks super clean.

2015 Porsche 991.1 GT3
2015 F80 M3 -- Individual; Space Grey
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2011, 05:45 PM   #3
TX335
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 M3

bump for a good guy!
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2011, 06:56 PM   #4
smmmurf
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 DCT 353k+ miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by elp_jc View Post
Thanks man. No car is perfect, and even though I had my first accident in my 50 years on this car, you can't really tell. And it's perfect where it counts (at least to me), which is a perfect interior, and mechanically basically like new but alraedy broken in, with 9K+ highway miles with no abuse, never redlined (8K max once, floored twice, never launched or quick shifted), and never wrecked (I don't consider the side brush a wreck). Never hit a big pothole either. That's the advantage of buying from a mature car enthusiast, who doesn't believe you have to drive a car hard to really enjoy it. I have an F430 at my disposal, and have never abused, spun, or redlined either. And a fast motorcycle (K1300S) too.
Poor poor car...
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2011, 09:04 PM   #5
Salna
Private
Rep
Drives: 08 e90 M3

^ I don't get if that's sarcasm or not
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2011, 01:10 PM   #6
smmmurf
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salna View Post
^ I don't get if that's sarcasm or not
Of course it is sarcasm

Why would you own a F430 or M3 and not floor it regularly...
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2011, 01:13 PM   #7
smmmurf
Colonel
Rep

Elp, recommend you swap out the 19's. They ride like crap on anything except glass smooth roads.

Pilot Sport A/S also is not a great riding all season compared to the softer stuff out there- the design is effectively 10 years old with a mild "plus" update about 5 years ago.

You might like the car with Continental DWS on OEM 18's. It will ride like a little cloud.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2011, 08:37 AM   #8
mkPOTO
Mr. Nice Says Hello
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 | X5 xdrive 35i MSport

Garage List
bump for a very clean car, and great color!
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2011, 07:05 PM   #9
smmmurf
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Tires and ride are great; never had an issue with ride. PS2s are only worth it if you drive super aggressive in the curves, and really need them: they wear pretty quickly, are noisy as hell, and are crap in cold weather (by design). Not a tire for me. And the A/Ss have all the performance you need outside of a track. Finally, you don't have to drive like a maniac to enjoy a nice car. And I live in the freaking desert, not in the mountains, so I drive mostly fast, not hard. Have nothing to prove to anybody. Oh, and please keep the thread on subject. Thank you.
You said you were selling it because it was too harsh for your wife and too loud so I suggested the best riding and quietest combination for this car. I agree with you that PS2's on 19's are loud and ride like junk. Maybe you'd change your mind about selling it if you put on the combo I suggested? too good of a car to give up because of the wrong wheel/tire setup.

cheers

Last edited by smmmurf; 12-27-2011 at 07:19 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2012, 09:12 PM   #10
Chamberlin
Green Beemers
United_States
Rep
Drives: 27 BMWs...and counting

Garage List
Hello, first post here- just wondering if this car is still available? I have a bid out on another car on the west coast right now, but I've been looking for a nice/unique backup if that auction falls through. Your car seems to really have some nice mods, but even more so, the history, maintenance and low miles are phenomenal. I've been looking at E92s for about 3 weeks straight, and I wish other sellers had 1/10th the info and descriptions that you do. I'll check back here once I know the result on my other endeavour! Hmmmm will I drive West on I-10, or East on I-10! Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2012, 06:45 PM   #11
cousinvinny
Registered
Rep
Drives: ls430

Question Nice car.

Can you email me some more picture of the wheels and where damage was. my email is cousinvinny@yahoo.com. what your number.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2012, 06:50 PM   #12
Chamberlin
Green Beemers
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Thanks much for your reply Elp - you are right about the rock chips in the desert my friend... I have a silver-grey car as well, and had some custom body work done...primer was dark, and years later, it looks like the front of the car was blasted with a shotgun! In any case, I'll be lettin' you know the outcome of the other car tomorrow. Thanks again for your reply and honest descriptions...better than CPO'd in my book.

Quote:
You'd drive east buddy. From my house to the Porsche dealership was 298 miles, so you have an idea. And also living in the desert southwest, I REALLY doubt you'd find a better car than mine. Only area you can do better than mine is in the front, due to rock chips. But a pristine one will look like mine in no time in your area . At least you wouldn't feel bad if you get a rock chip on mine . Oh, and an almost new Dr. Colorchip kit (the large one) goes with the car as well. Took some fresh photos today for an interested member, but nothing shows. The great thing about this color is the primer is almost the same, so hardly noticeable. If it was a dark color, it'd look like crap to me, since I'm super anal. Now that it's not pristine anymore, I'm not afraid to use it. I babied it for somebody else, like my wife says < he he>. Good luck with your hunt.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2012, 09:18 PM   #13
Chamberlin
Green Beemers
United_States
Rep

Garage List
OK Elp, it looks like I have myself a Melbourne Red M3 - If the seller flakes out for some crazy reason, I'll be sure to check back with you. Thanks again and good luck with your brother!

Quote:
No worries man; better to take your time on a deal like this. And yes, I MUCH prefer to purchase from an original private owner than any CPO, especially with that much warranty left. You can always extend it, if desired. And rest assured my car would look WAY BETTER than described. I rather do that than the opposite . By the way, my brother is very interested in the car too, and he's coming tonight to check it out. Told him no special favors; whoever pays for it first takes it. And yes, full asking price. If somebody wants a keeper, there's no better deal than this IMO. If somebody wants to drive it for a year or two then sell it, there're many cheaper alternatives with higher mileage. Depends what you want. Take care gang, and thank you for your interest. Good evening.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2012, 09:28 PM   #14
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
It's probably the accident that is scaring most. Price is good for the mileage though.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2012, 10:13 PM   #15
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
In reality it's just paint work; not much different than if car had been keyed. Many cars have that kind of work done by dealers due to transport damage and owners were never told. Guess it doesn't show up on Carfax for that reason. Anyway, maybe the word 'accident' scare some people, but my accident is just a notch above a keying accident . Most cars need paint work at some point, so if the rest of the car is intact, I don't frown upon that anymore. But each person is different. And I sleep well at night knowing that whoever buys my car will say this thing looks like new; glad I didn't freak out . Good luck to all.
Yeah I hear you. Just pointing out a possible reason for it not selling since I can't find anything else wrong with your ad. Seems to be a very nicely built car. GLWS!
Appreciate 0