BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions

12-25-2010, 06:44 AM   #23
karussell
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 4 wheels

Merry christmas to our soldiers, airmen, sailors, and marines. The enlisted corps are the heavy lifters in our armed forces. Thanks for your service. I wish the military just issued M3's :-) Definitely well deserved.

I think the military sales program is great and you can't go wrong with any of the dealers participating really. Since I'm near graf, I have to say that Bavarian Motor Cars is also a great military sales dealership in the local area.

I got to take my son to the plant in Regensburg and we got a personal tour while watching them build our E90 M3. We did delivery at the Welt and its doing great as a snowmobile right now.
      12-25-2010, 06:54 AM   #24
shawshank772
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i and 16 M3

I was enlisted E-6 USMC and bought my 135i through Pentagon. I am now a contractor and because of what I thought was VERY poor service from Pentagon I chose MSP and Lisa Dimmick. I couldnt be happier with them and her service.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2010, 06:55 AM   #25
donovan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: R8 - Ford Raptor

Do explain..

Audi R8 v10
Ford Raptor
m3e46freak@yahoo.comfor all euro parts!!
ebay/craigslist verified/ m3post/e46fanantics/m3forum/zpost/bimmerforum
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2010, 12:50 PM   #26
PortoM3
M3lover
Germany
Rep
Drives: SSII M3

It is true, you do have to have orders. However, this also counts for any govt peeps as myself. I am currently stationed in Iraq for the second time. The first time I was here, it was back in 2007-2008. I didn't go with pentagon sales because I just needed the car much sooner than what military sales told me. I ended up paying more, but I got my car sooner. I think it was about 3 months sooner. So, if you want to save a few thousands and willing to wait (maybe not now since they are more available), I would say do the military sales. Any government employe can take advantage of it, as long as you got orders to prove you are PCS or TDY. Happy Holidays to all our service men and women, specially the ones in Iraqistan and Afghanistan.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2010, 03:24 PM   #27
SHADY1
Hamann M3 Fan
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & F10 M5

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
2008 E92 M3 Coupe  [8.14]
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by donovan View Post
Is someone doubting the idea and fact of paying a lot less with the Military Sales Program Shady1? My e92 is DCT/EDC/Ipod, retails 64,000, with my demo discount and 3000 down I paid 47,880.
Congrats on your M3 , and yes someone thinks this is not possible or some strange reason

JZB,6MT, My mods 360 Forged 20inch wheels,VF650 Supercharger custom tuned,ARH Long Tube Headers,Hamann CF roof spoiler,H&R springs,CF grills,Hamann rear trunk spoiler,Hamann Side Skirts, ARKYM full CF bumper, Gintani Race exhaust, ARH X-pipe catless,RPI scoops,AA SSK, Arkym CF Double Sided Vented Hood,
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2010, 03:27 PM   #28
SHADY1
Hamann M3 Fan
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & F10 M5

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
2008 E92 M3 Coupe  [8.14]
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortoM3 View Post
It is true, you do have to have orders. However, this also counts for any govt peeps as myself. I am currently stationed in Iraq for the second time. The first time I was here, it was back in 2007-2008. I didn't go with pentagon sales because I just needed the car much sooner than what military sales told me. I ended up paying more, but I got my car sooner. I think it was about 3 months sooner. So, if you want to save a few thousands and willing to wait (maybe not now since they are more available), I would say do the military sales. Any government employe can take advantage of it, as long as you got orders to prove you are PCS or TDY. Happy Holidays to all our service men and women, specially the ones in Iraqistan and Afghanistan.
Are correct and I had to wait over a year. but while I was waiting I bought mods for the car to pass time it was worth the discount to me.

JZB,6MT, My mods 360 Forged 20inch wheels,VF650 Supercharger custom tuned,ARH Long Tube Headers,Hamann CF roof spoiler,H&R springs,CF grills,Hamann rear trunk spoiler,Hamann Side Skirts, ARKYM full CF bumper, Gintani Race exhaust, ARH X-pipe catless,RPI scoops,AA SSK, Arkym CF Double Sided Vented Hood,
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2010, 03:55 PM   #29
donovan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Thanks Shady This car will be my track bitch and weekend whore

Audi R8 v10
Ford Raptor
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2010, 02:30 AM   #30
osteome
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by karussell View Post
Since I'm near graf, I have to say that Bavarian Motor Cars is also a great military sales dealership in the local area.
+1 on Bavarian. For me it is a location thing too, but they were excellent in assisting with my order and keeping me updated (ordered an E93 in October of 2008 for a March 2009 delivery). Price-wise, some say that you can nickel and dime a few more dollars off the posted prices. I got the I-pod connector cable and a M3 key chain thrown in with the deal, but paid the posted prices.

I am home on R&R now, and while it is great to be home for the holidays, I can only stare at the garage queen for now.
Gone: M3 E93 Silverstone II over Bamboo
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2010, 02:56 AM   #31
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVF4Rrider View Post
Please tell me you don't believe that...
what is it you disagree with?
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2011, 12:06 AM   #32
CDT
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 E93 Convertible

Sorry to add in, as your title said "enlisted," but I wanted to offer that any military individual with a "18..." series passport qualifies for "diplomatic pricing" from BMW even in the states. This will save thousands. Only catch I believe is that it can't be applied to the "M" models (which I know is what you're looking for). Just wanted to offer this up to anyone else it could benefit.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2011, 12:46 AM   #33
MVF4Rrider
PCA, BMWCCA
Rep
Drives: 997S, MV Agusta F4, E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FStop7 View Post
what is it you disagree with?
SOFA is an agreement between the US and the host nation. The SOFA agreement between the US and Germany has nothing to do with a military buying program. In its 83 articles, it covers things like residential and settlement, marriages, expulsions and removal, legal rights, banking, etc. It does mention pricing, and that a qualifying US member will not pay more than a local resident for the same goods or services for anything available in the local community. The BMW military sales program is completely separate program created to be able to sell US spec cars to those serving overseas. BMW sets the rules on who they will sell to, and it's more than just active duty. I've purchased 10 BMWs from PCS. I'm active duty and lived in Germany from 2004 to 2009. The fact the sale is tax free is a US law that stipulates the buyer is not liable for US taxes if the product was delivered in the foreign country for at least 140 days prior to shipment to the US.
      01-20-2011, 04:46 AM   #34
donovan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDT View Post
Sorry to add in, as your title said "enlisted," but I wanted to offer that any military individual with a "18..." series passport qualifies for "diplomatic pricing" from BMW even in the states. This will save thousands. Only catch I believe is that it can't be applied to the "M" models (which I know is what you're looking for). Just wanted to offer this up to anyone else it could benefit.
I have a m3 ...? Military,Germany,America,Sofa agreement.

Audi R8 v10
Ford Raptor
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2011, 11:15 AM   #35
double eagle
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 M3, '09 MS3

Retired MSgt USAF (1964-84)…does that count?
      01-20-2011, 11:40 AM   #36
donovan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Absolutely not.

LoL "get in here big guy" , group hug?

Audi R8 v10
Ford Raptor
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2011, 02:46 PM   #37
M3 Piotr
Lieutenant Colonel
Poland
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 Frozen Black F87 M2 LBB

Garage List
E7 USAF. Bought three cars so far from Pentagon Car Sales (PCS) to include E90 M3 and received best service ever. To add the owner, David Baker, owns E90 M3 in Frozen Grey, and is the M Flight member and the sponsor of M Flight . PCS on regular basis gives back to military communities by sponsoring or making donations to various military units and functions, something that their competition (Bavarian, Superior) lacks to do.

Some of the things they support
http://pentagoncarsales.com/community.php

In Wiesbaden/Mainz area I highly recommend Nathan Barnes.

Follow me on Insta: M3Piotr

Last edited by M3 Piotr; 01-20-2011 at 03:04 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2011, 03:02 PM   #38
M3 Piotr
Lieutenant Colonel
Poland
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 Frozen Black F87 M2 LBB

Garage List
Just to clarify some myths, here is the breakdown who can take advantage of military sales pricing:

"Do you qualify to participate in the BMW Military Sales Program?
Any Military/DOD member qualifies to use BMW Military Sales when:

- Permanently stationed outside the USA (PCS)
- Deployed (outside the USA and its territories)
- TDY/TAD (outside the USA for just one day)
- Flight Duty (specified destination outside the USA)
- Afloat in International Waters "

http://pentagoncarsales.com/benefits.php

Follow me on Insta: M3Piotr
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2011, 05:30 PM   #39
BMWCadet
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 MR M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335i Piotr View Post
Just to clarify some myths, here is the breakdown who can take advantage of military sales pricing:

"Do you qualify to participate in the BMW Military Sales Program?
Any Military/DOD member qualifies to use BMW Military Sales when:

- Permanently stationed outside the USA (PCS)
- Deployed (outside the USA and its territories)
- TDY/TAD (outside the USA for just one day)
- Flight Duty (specified destination outside the USA)
- Afloat in International Waters "

http://pentagoncarsales.com/benefits.php
Yeah, you're correct, but I'd like to reiterate what MVFRider stated regarding taxes. While those who are deployed are able to participate in the program, they will still have to pay state taxes on the M3 whereas those stationed overseas and register the vehicle there can avoid that. When I purchased my 335, I payed $41k brand new/fully loaded. What was the cost in California back in 2007?
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2011, 05:53 PM   #40
BMWCadet
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 MR M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVF4Rrider View Post
SOFA is an agreement between the US and the host nation. The SOFA agreement between the US and Germany has nothing to do with a military buying program. In its 83 articles, it covers things like residential and settlement, marriages, expulsions and removal, legal rights, banking, etc. It does mention pricing, and that a qualifying US member will not pay more than a local resident for the same goods or services for anything available in the local community. The BMW military sales program is completely separate program created to be able to sell US spec cars to those serving overseas. BMW sets the rules on who they will sell to, and it's more than just active duty. I've purchased 10 BMWs from PCS. I'm active duty and lived in Germany from 2004 to 2009. The fact the sale is tax free is a US law that stipulates the buyer is not liable for US taxes if the product was delivered in the foreign country for at least 140 days prior to shipment to the US.
101% correct
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2011, 02:20 AM   #41
Asbachnate
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Hello all,

My name is Nathan Barnes and I'm a long time Sales Consultant for Pentagon Car Sales in Germany. I can't tell you how pleased we are to read all the positive responses in regards to the service provided by Pentagon Car Sales, it really means the world to us!

Just to touch on a few subjects or questions discussed previously, it's true the client ordering while deployed and taking Stateside Delivery will not be able to avoid the State Sales Tax in most cases, however that being said they still will realize an average savings of roughly $8,000 off the Stateside price, where they would have had to pay taxes anyway. So the savings is real, and definitely worth the wait. BTW, we can complete an entire transaction via email for anyone deployed, so please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or would like to receive further pricing information.

For those taking delivery in Europe, there are a few advantages that they should know about as well.

1. If you register your M3 for just one day overseas, then you have avoided the $1,300 Gas Guzzler Tax. This tax is collected at the point of sale, and because we are overseas this tax is not due, even when you return to the States.

2. State Sales Tax. There are a lot of rumors out there regarding the States Sales Tax, however in "most" cases as long as the car is registered overseas for 6-12 months, the purchaser most likely will not need to pay the tax when they register their BMW at their next duty station. To clarify what your states rules are though I encourage you to contact your local DMV or Dept of Revenue and ask what their guidelines are for returning military or GS Civilians.

3. Home Shipping. This also applies to those stationed down range, however quite a few of you stationed in Europe will have 2 cars during your tour, and the military will only ship one. BMW or MINI in this case will ship your BMW/MINI back to one of five U.S. ports once your tour is completed, possibly saving you another $2000 in expenses.

So as you can see, the savings are very substantial when purchased through Pentagon Car Sales, and this really is a once in a lifetime opportunity to get a BMW at the lowest possible price.

As for who qualifies, Piotr pretty much hit the nail on the head. Naturally those stationed in Europe or Deployed qualify. However as mentioned above, you don't need to be permanently deployed, just one days TDY orders to Europe or Down Range will qualify you as well. Also, it's not just active duty personal that qualify, but also Government Employees, GS Employees, Diplomats, and those working for a Government sponsored company in possession of a U.S. I.D. card such as Dynacorp.

In the mean time, if anyone has any questions regarding the program or would like pricing information, please feel free to contact me directly at nathan.barnes@pentagoncarsales.com. Or you can call me from overseas at 01149 6134 5678 11.

Pentagon Car Sales
Nathan Barnes
BMW/MINI Sales Consultant
Ludwig-Wolker Str 14
55252 Mainz-Kastel
Tel: +49 (0) 6134 5678 11
Fax: +49 (0) 6134 5678 22
E-mail: nathan.barnes@pentagoncarsales.com
Web: www.pentagoncarsales.com
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2011, 04:16 AM   #42
donovan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

There you have it.

Now the real group hug...get in here Nathan.

Audi R8 v10
Ford Raptor
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2011, 09:53 AM   #43
quality_sound
8 tracks of madness
United_States
Rep
Drives: Slowly

Nathan - You guys should look into the loaner car program that Bavarian offers. I knwo a number of sales that Pentagon lost because of that. All but one person I've dealt with at PCS have been great, but a free loaner is a free lonaer.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2011, 11:06 AM   #44
donovan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Quality sound makes good sense.

Audi R8 v10
Ford Raptor
Appreciate 0