BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

EXXEL Distributions

11-06-2008, 12:01 PM   #45
E92-Lighting
United_States
Rep
Drives: Next Generation LED Lighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tondtar View Post
Wrong chick to pick on ...I'd go after Danica next time if I were you
fugly
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2008, 12:09 PM   #46
radix
you know he kills little girls like you
No_Country
Rep
Drives: -

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruxp View Post
The thing is, driving fast really isn't that unsafe. Driving recklessly is unsafe.

Speeding laws are archaic. At this point, they mostly just exist for municipalities to make money.

Street racing *is* reckless driving, maybe not in the strict legal sense, but in every other sense. Personally, If I see you or anyone else street racing, I will immediately call the police and report your license plate number. I have no tolerance for people who put their own personal thrills above the safety of others. If you want to race, go to a track and race where there are no bicyclists, no pedestrians, no deer to pop out of nowhere, no unexpected potholes, etc, and where everyone understands the risks involved.

Driving fast can be unsafe, especially when you're the only one doing it. People that street race should face the jail time they deserve. I suspect that most of these street racers don't really have the driving skill they think they do anyways. At least when you're at a track you know that everyone around you is willing to share in the risk.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2008, 12:32 PM   #47
Tondtar
12 yr old Juvie
Vanuatu
Rep
Drives: His Mom Crazy

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by electronicwoot.com View Post
fugly
I didn't say do her ...I said : Race her
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2008, 12:47 PM   #48
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Chevy Aveo

Quote:
Yeah, I think a few people on this thread are mainlining estrogen. Mixed with a healthy dose of goody-two-shoes self-righteousness.
you, sir, are an idiot. it has nothing to do with enhanced estrogen levels or self-righteousness, it has to do with not killing yourself or someone else. the lady in the IS-F in this situation was the smart person. i'm sure she was sitting in her car hoping this kid would just move on because she didn't want to risk her car or her life, so what! i had someone do that kind of ricey shit to me in my m3 and he almost ended up killing me trying to antagonize me into a race. i wrote a thread about it if you care to find it.

on another note, according to my observations, bmw has made the 335 too inexpensive because it seems that all the import tuner kids have migrated to the 335. it's a damn shame because i see the tokyo drift crowd in nice bimmers everywhere. OP, and all the other douche nozzles that condone his actions, all seem like they just hopped out of a civic hatchback. grow up, be civil, and share the roads. all you're doing is reinforcing bmw stereotypes.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2008, 01:46 PM   #49
marty_mcfly
Banned
Rep
Drives: ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakepilot View Post
on another note, according to my observations, bmw has made the 335 too inexpensive because it seems that all the import tuner kids have migrated to the 335. it's a damn shame because i see the tokyo drift crowd in nice bimmers everywhere.

wow. amen. and i thought i was the only one that thought/noticed this.
this is exactly why i dont drive the 335 much anymore. every g-damn 350z, g35, g37, evo, etc etc tries to race me. whether my car is in its stock form, or has all the same stuff it has on right now - its the same result.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2008, 03:15 PM   #50
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: MP4

Quote:
on another note, according to my observations, bmw has made the 335 too inexpensive because it seems that all the import tuner kids have migrated to the 335. it's a damn shame because i see the tokyo drift crowd in nice bimmers everywhere. OP, and all the other douche nozzles that condone his actions, all seem like they just hopped out of a civic hatchback. grow up, be civil, and share the roads. all you're doing is reinforcing bmw stereotypes.
Agreed.

But the problem is, power is so cheap now. And even the hyudnai's are making quality cars due to improvements in manufacturing and R&D. So where does a premium brand improve to differentiate itself to justify the cost? Higher tech than we already have? The cost of that would just increase exponentially. Maybe going back to hand built products, but then the consistency might start to lack more. Its a tough market when diminishing returns in products vs. price is as far along as it has become.
      11-06-2008, 04:51 PM   #51
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 Jerez DCT M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
regardless if hes a cop or not, it sounds like you condone this kind of behavior. as far as that writing tickets comment; the law is the law. so what if your car is made for high speeds and setting awesome lap times? that doesnt mean the rules dont apply to you. if you consider calling someone a moron over the internet as harassment (for encouraging street racing nonetheless) then youre a moron.
Just because a law is in the books that makes it correct? There were laws passed forcing relocation of ethnic groups in the US, that is correct because it passed? Sorry, I don't blindly look at laws and assume they are correct, I prefer to think for myself.

Do you have any idea what technical strides the automotive industry has made over the past few decades? Cars are faster, brake better, safter, cleaner, where is the corresponding change in the speed limit?

The speed limit has nothing to do with racing and safety and everyhing to with creating revenue and giving police an excuse to stop you.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2008, 05:15 PM   #52
ncoig
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: The women crazy

Quote:
Quoted posters, check all the boxes below that apply:

[ ] I am a douchebag with a stick up my ass
[ ] I am over 40
[ ] I am a cop (check first box as well)
[ ] I am a female
ROTFL!
2004 S60R AWD 6M Prem/Clim/Tour/Nav/18"/CK3000/V1 (Retired)
1999 Frontier XE-V6 4WD - F/R ARB Lockers
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2008, 05:17 PM   #53
ncoig
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChineseGuy View Post
+1
+2
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2008, 05:22 PM   #54
ncoig
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335e92tx View Post
And we could go on year about sizes of appendages,, but it only REALLY matters to one person and the sounds SHE was making last night were not complaints.
Oh, geez.

-N
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2008, 05:38 PM   #55
bmwturbopower
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08' E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90330iS View Post
what lesson?
that racing on a public road with cars around is dangerous. If I see a person doing this around me I will be the first to call highway patrol and hope that they take you car and driving privileges away. If your out where no one is than that is fair game. You will just involve yourself and the other stupid individual.
      11-06-2008, 05:53 PM   #56
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Chevy Aveo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNic335i View Post
that racing on a public road with cars around is dangerous. If I see a person doing this around me I will be the first to call highway patrol and hope that they take you car and driving privileges away. If your out where no one is than that is fair game. You will just involve yourself and the other stupid individual.
bingo. most of these stories i hear on here are people that live in populated cities on congested freeways. racing on roads packed with people is not cool. now if you're in the middle of nowhere and there isn't a soul around for you to hurt besides yourself, go for it. i won't lie and tell you that i don't haul ass whenever i go to my buddy's ranch in the middle of absolute nowhere, because i do, but it just isn't right in the city. besides, you have a better shot at getting hit by lightning then having a chance encounter between a bimmer and an IS-F on some deserted road in the middle of egypt. keep it PC folks.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2008, 06:54 PM   #57
jhv
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky View Post
Just because a law is in the books that makes it correct? There were laws passed forcing relocation of ethnic groups in the US, that is correct because it passed? Sorry, I don't blindly look at laws and assume they are correct, I prefer to think for myself.

Do you have any idea what technical strides the automotive industry has made over the past few decades? Cars are faster, brake better, safter, cleaner, where is the corresponding change in the speed limit?

The speed limit has nothing to do with racing and safety and everyhing to with creating revenue and giving police an excuse to stop you.
what kind of comparison is that? internment camps and speed limits? yeah, those laws are pretty similar. one was an extreme violation of citizens rights and an act of intense prejudice; the other is in place to maintain the well being of the public. i dont understand why youre so against against speed limits. are you in that big of a rush that you cant stand to drive at a reasonable speed?

i could have a car that stops from 60-0mph in fucking like 1 second, that doesnt mean i should go crusing at 60 on the sidestreets. just because you can doesnt mean you should. improvements in automobile safety DOES NOT correspond to how fast you can/cannot drive. they can make a car out of jello for all i give a shit, but as long as people are driving, there is always room for error, such as crashing into people.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2008, 07:23 PM   #58
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tondtar View Post
I didn't say do her ...I said : Race her
+1 If I didn't know who she was and saw her in the mall, I doubt I would've been interested.
      11-06-2008, 07:27 PM   #59
335e92tx
ahat
Rep
Drives: Was '07-335e92 - Now '13-335IS

Quote:
on another note, according to my observations, bmw has made the 335 too inexpensive because it seems that all the import tuner kids have migrated to the 335. it's a damn shame because i see the tokyo drift crowd in nice bimmers everywhere.
When the 335 was designed, Im sure it was intended to fit into a certain price/performance point. They just did not figure what would happen when the various tuners were able to increase output from 20-30 %

So someone splain to me why ACTUAL runs get different treatment than my NON event?

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=184270

I guess there are just more AR members on some forums than others.

'13 335IS N54 (1 of 373 LeMans Blue out of 3597 total production e92)- Grey interior (1 of 24 in LMB with any trans- 1 of 14 with DCT)-MODS -MFactory LSD/MHD-BQ custom Tune/ATM-IC/AFE Momentum GT Intake/Konis/Mfront&HeimJoint Rear rods&arms/Brembos.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Lo6aHZRo7XqtPkhL8
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2008, 07:39 PM   #60
Inspired
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
So someone splain to me why ACTUAL runs get different treatment than my NON event?

Read your first post and tell us why. Idiots..Grow the fuck up man.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2008, 07:43 PM   #61
ruxp
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by anmcguire View Post
Street racing *is* reckless driving, maybe not in the strict legal sense, but in every other sense. Personally, If I see you or anyone else street racing, I will immediately call the police and report your license plate number. I have no tolerance for people who put their own personal thrills above the safety of others. If you want to race, go to a track and race where there are no bicyclists, no pedestrians, no deer to pop out of nowhere, no unexpected potholes, etc, and where everyone understands the risks involved.
Er.. if you're on an empty stretch of freeway, what're the odds of bicyclists and pedestrians popping up out of nowhere?

Why is racing someone on an empty stretch of road reckless driving? Is everyone on the autobahn going 120mph+ driving recklessly, because of the possibility of pedestrians or bicyclists getting hit? Is a pedestrian or bicyclist that pops up out of nowhere going to do any better getting hit at 65mph than they are at 120mph?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anmcguire
Driving fast can be unsafe, especially when you're the only one doing it. People that street race should face the jail time they deserve. I suspect that most of these street racers don't really have the driving skill they think they do anyways. At least when you're at a track you know that everyone around you is willing to share in the risk.
Do you take your 335 to the track? If not, why did you buy a 335?

Quote:
you, sir, are an idiot. it has nothing to do with enhanced estrogen levels or self-righteousness, it has to do with not killing yourself or someone else. the lady in the IS-F in this situation was the smart person. i'm sure she was sitting in her car hoping this kid would just move on because she didn't want to risk her car or her life, so what! i had someone do that kind of ricey shit to me in my m3 and he almost ended up killing me trying to antagonize me into a race. i wrote a thread about it if you care to find it.
There are two different issues here

1. street racing
2. trying to antagonize someone into a race in a dangerous fashion

I disagree with the second action. But from what it sounds like, the woman in the IS-F didn't even notice the OP. Doesn't sound like he was doing anything 'dangerous.'

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakepilot
So now the BMW stereotype is the Tokyo drift crowd? Strange.

Why did you buy a 335 instead of a 328?

How many people bitching here have a JB3 or other performance mods?
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2008, 08:04 PM   #62
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 Jerez DCT M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
what kind of comparison is that? internment camps and speed limits? yeah, those laws are pretty similar. one was an extreme violation of citizens rights and an act of intense prejudice; the other is in place to maintain the well being of the public. i dont understand why youre so against against speed limits. are you in that big of a rush that you cant stand to drive at a reasonable speed?

i could have a car that stops from 60-0mph in fucking like 1 second, that doesnt mean i should go crusing at 60 on the sidestreets. just because you can doesnt mean you should. improvements in automobile safety DOES NOT correspond to how fast you can/cannot drive. they can make a car out of jello for all i give a shit, but as long as people are driving, there is always room for error, such as crashing into people.
You apparently missed the point that just because a law is in the books does not make it just or right.

Just because a speed is set at a rate does not mean you HAVE to travel at it. It is called the speed LIMIT. The current limits are archaic and need to be revised to correlate with the abilities of modern automobiles.

You think the speed limit is to protect the safety of the people? I think FAR more intensive driver education and driving courses would make a far greater impact in public safety than an arbitrary number. Licenses are handed out to people who should never have them in the first place. Ignorance is bliss.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2008, 08:05 PM   #63
radix
you know he kills little girls like you
No_Country
Rep
Drives: -

Quote:
Er.. if you're on an empty stretch of freeway, what're the odds of bicyclists and pedestrians popping up out of nowhere?
Almost zilch. Deer, cayotes, racoons, etc. on the other hand greatly increase the odds. Besides, you're assuming street racers limit their activities to the highways. Just the other day someone posted a thread about how they kept up with a Bentley on Sunset Blvd.

Quote:
Why is racing someone on an empty stretch of road reckless driving? Is everyone on the autobahn going 120mph+ driving recklessly, because of the possibility of pedestrians or bicyclists getting hit? Is a pedestrian or bicyclist that pops up out of nowhere going to do any better getting hit at 65mph than they are at 120mph?
It is reckless because at 120mph+ an empty stretch of highway can turn into a not so empty stretch of highway quicker than you can stop.

You simply cannot compare the autobahn to US highways. It's better maintained, with better drivers, with better lane discipline, etc. Besides, not all of the autobahn is unlimited. Where unlimited, the recommended speed on the autobahn is 80mph. If you get into an accident at greater than the recommended limit, guess who's responsible?

Quote:
Do you take your 335 to the track? If not, why did you buy a 335?
I bought the 335xi because it's a great car, and yes I do plan on taking it to the track at some point. I'm a little too busy right now though.

Quote:
There are two different issues here

1. street racing
2. trying to antagonize someone into a race in a dangerous fashion

I disagree with the second action. But from what it sounds like, the woman in the IS-F didn't even notice the OP. Doesn't sound like he was doing anything 'dangerous.'
What are the pros for street racing?

1. It's fun/exciting.

What are the cons for street racing?

1. Increased chance of damaging your car or others property.
2. Fines or even jail time.
3. Increased chance of killing or seriously hurting someone.
4. Parts damaged by an accident won't be covered under warranty either.
5. It nullifies your insurance in case you do get into an accident.
6. It makes you look like a tool.
7. It gives BMW owners a bad reputation.

I could list more, but there is really no reason to.

Quote:
So now the BMW stereotype is the Tokyo drift crowd? Strange.

Why did you buy a 335 instead of a 328?

How many people bitching here have a JB3 or other performance mods?
I fail to see why ones model selection or mods have anything to do with street racing for two reasons:

1. Mods such as JB3 could very well be, and should be, used for track purposes.

2. It is possible to enjoy increased hp/torque and stay within the bounds of the law, and within the bounds of reason.

You're trying to create cause and effect where there is none. The argument that the only reason people purchase tunes such as JB3 is to street race is absurd.

Last edited by radix; 11-06-2008 at 08:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2008, 08:06 PM   #64
TiAg335i
Trance Life
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Quote:
When the 335 was designed, Im sure it was intended to fit into a certain price/performance point. They just did not figure what would happen when the various tuners were able to increase output from 20-30 %

You're kidding right...you mean to tell me BMW engineers didn't know what they were building?
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2008, 08:10 PM   #65
335e92tx
ahat
Rep
Drives: Was '07-335e92 - Now '13-335IS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiAg335i View Post
You're kidding right...you mean to tell me BMW engineers didn't know what they were building?
They knew what the output was if the boost was increased using normal ways and thats why it was limited to 8.5

Why would they take the time to reverse engineer a boost increase (such as the aftermarket uses) when they could dial in whatever boost they wanted?

'13 335IS N54 (1 of 373 LeMans Blue out of 3597 total production e92)- Grey interior (1 of 24 in LMB with any trans- 1 of 14 with DCT)-MODS -MFactory LSD/MHD-BQ custom Tune/ATM-IC/AFE Momentum GT Intake/Konis/Mfront&HeimJoint Rear rods&arms/Brembos.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Lo6aHZRo7XqtPkhL8
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2008, 08:21 PM   #66
TiAg335i
Trance Life
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Quote:
They knew what the output was if the boost was increased using normal ways and thats why it was limited to 8.5

Why would they take the time to reverse engineer a boost increase (such as the aftermarket uses) when they could dial in whatever boost they wanted?
I still think that the engineers had a clear understanding of the potential of the N54...and were very well aware of the tuner market.
Appreciate 0