BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)

06-21-2012, 12:34 PM   #23
Prince_of_Persia
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 6MT E92 M3

My OEM exhaust mod:

AW|FR 6MT E92 ///M3
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2012, 01:07 PM   #24
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjw2331 View Post
It will for the exhaust but not the rest of the car. Unless, for some bizarre reason, the mod causes something else to malfunction and the techs can prove it. As a word of advice for those who work on their exhausts. Check your bolts and torque them properly.
Please expand on this... There was a big thread on this where someone thought installing an exhaust caused their differential to fail, and someone else proved that there was no relation.

Not saying you're wrong, but I hate to see misinformation being spread out there...
      06-21-2012, 01:31 PM   #25
IbanezGod
997TT, X5M
Rep
Drives: 997TT, X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Denver View Post
Spend 5% the price with oem exhaust mod.
getting this done next weekend $500
      06-21-2012, 01:47 PM   #26
1sikbmr
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjw2331 View Post
It will for the exhaust but not the rest of the car. Unless, for some bizarre reason, the mod causes something else to malfunction and the techs can prove it. As a word of advice for those who work on their exhausts. Check your bolts and torque them properly.
Please expand on this... There was a big thread on this where someone thought installing an exhaust caused their differential to fail, and someone else proved that there was no relation.

Not saying you're wrong, but I hate to see misinformation being spread out there...
There are two bolts on the diff that hold up the exhaust. Some people when re installing the exhaust forget to put those nuts back in to secure it. I have no idea if this is directly related to the diff problems that people are talking about but just telling you what i know.

F80 ///M3 6MT Avus Blue ZCP
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2012, 02:30 PM   #27
iamcpap
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW X5M

I bought a used Dinan axle back from a forum member and loved the improvement over the stock exhaust as well as the black tips. When that gets too quiet, add a Challenge Street Pipe. Used Dinan for $1500 + Challenge Street pipe for $995ish is the best sounding exhaust without messing with CEL's and such without being too LOUD. If you wanted LOUD, there are 20 different options that will deafen you.

Last edited by iamcpap; 06-21-2012 at 02:30 PM.. Reason: add not ass...
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2012, 02:51 PM   #28
drakar99
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 M3 coupe,DCT, Perf. exh

I have had the M Performance Exhaust for several months. It looks great and sounds better. Love the sound...to the extent I do more open windows/roof driving to listen to it...even up to 88 degrees outside temp!
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2012, 03:02 PM   #29
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sikbmr View Post
There are two bolts on the diff that hold up the exhaust. Some people when re installing the exhaust forget to put those nuts back in to secure it. I have no idea if this is directly related to the diff problems that people are talking about but just telling you what i know.
Yep, I installed my Gintani so I know exactly what you're talking about. From what I was reading in that pretty long thread, it seems that these nuts simply hold the exhaust up and have no effect on the diff at all. Of course I put them back on properly, so I'm not worried, but I'm wondering if there are people out there freaking out over nothing and people perpetuating misinformation. Figured I'd try to save some people the future ulcer development
      06-21-2012, 03:57 PM   #30
Nautik
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2009 AW M3 DCT

UUC Corsa exhaust is similar to perf exhaust at 1/3 the price.
      06-21-2012, 06:51 PM   #31
///Malek
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Jerez Black E92 -

Rated///M- you must must go for the M Performance exhaust - before taking delivery of my M3 I wanted a mod which would make this M3 stand out from the rest. I ordered the part then cancelled, then went onto you tube to listen to it, then ordered it again. m division pulled out all the stops on this one. Made of Inconel,2 year man warranty, 18 kg lighter than stock, no drone unless youre in low revs on 4th, but this too is minimal.Performance BMW magazine features it this month and has nothing but good stuff to say about it.the cold start sizzle makes me grin every time.let me put you in the picture-- I guy with his wife and kid walked pass the car at a Mall in an underground car park as I started it up. I noticed the guys head turn and thought , well it's just another one of those looks.i noticed him turn around again in my rear view mirror.i continued on my way out of the Mall but stopped on one side to fiddle with my iPod.Cruzin pass me is that guy in a white 2012 frost edition competition m3. I know that e sound got his attention .go for m perform pipes- u won't regret it
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2012, 06:58 PM   #32
Peahi
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3 CPE

I thoroughly enjoy my exhaust...no drone, awesome rumble-ly cold start (sets off some losers' alarms in the garage at work), roars as you step up into the showtime RPMs. I'm more a discrete person...I don't want to sound like a honda ricer at stoplights during the afternoon stop and go, but enjoy the sound when I open it up.

Have you seen these vids? From here: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=705815

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=QKFLpbfMcHI Damn, I can embed videos to save my life. If anyone can fix, please do!

Last edited by Peahi; 06-21-2012 at 07:08 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2012, 07:06 PM   #33
eisenb11
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 SSII

Love my M perf exhaust. My GF thought it was a huge waste of money when I told her how much it was going to cost me. When my car came in, the techs weren't able to install the exhaust until the next day so I picked the car up and we drove around without the PE.

Got the PE installed on the car the next day. Turned it on and wow. Drove around and lots more *wow*. By the time we got home after the first trip, she had changed her opinion from "waste of money" to "totally worth it".
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2012, 07:50 PM   #34
CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kthxbye View Post
M Performance exhaust sounds great, but save the $$ and get the ACM Style Exhaust Mod. It is the exact same style as the M Performance exhaust (as confirmed by a BMW engineer)

The only difference it the type of metal. The M-Perf is made of Inconel, which is marginally lighter than the stock exhaust material and resonates (vibrates) at a slightly different rate. I would save the $1,500-$2,000 and do the mod which will get you sounding 95% just like the M-Perf.

Unless side by side the difference is really inaudible, heck even side by side its rough. Plenty of threads on the topic or you can call ACM and get more details.
I do not fully agree.

I heard both side by side, and they do NOT sound the same at all. The M-performance sounds more refined, more exotic. If you are willing to spill the dough, definitely worth it.

However, the OEM mod does sound very good too, awesome for the price.

Last edited by CanAutM3; 06-22-2012 at 10:44 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2012, 08:58 PM   #35
Mick0
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90 M3

The M performance exhaust is worth it's price. It sounds fantastic, I've actually had people come up to me in the parking lot at work to tell me how much they love the sound of the car. I agree with the descriptions of it sounding more exotic, that's right on. Don't be afraid to bargain on the price with dealers though.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2012, 09:29 PM   #36
ONEOF40 FS M3
FROZEN SILVER
Rep
Drives: '12 E92 M3 FS EDITION

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated ///M View Post
Hola again, everyone.

Two questions for you folks!

1. I ordered myself a new V1. What's the best place to put it?

2. Is the M performance exhaust worth it? I want a throatier growl from the exhaust and don't want to give up my warranty.

1. V1 - I used it between all my three cars and always put it on the right side of the driver sunvisor but like any device you have to know how to use it...by itself it will not save you...had it for 8 years, and it has save multiple times every year...dont go anywhere without it...false alarms? sometimes but I take any alarm serious...

2. MPERF EXH - I just purchased my new 2012 e92 Frozen Silver M3 DCT ZCP in Xtmas and installed M Performance Exhaust in March 2012...I researched every possible exhaust in the market and this was the best fit for the e92 M3 for all the right reasons = oem and perfect balance sound, no drone. I previously owned an e60 M5 with SS race-performance exhaust with X-pipe, and the M Performance exhaust is AS addictive as that one....and believe me it does not get much better than the S85 V10 engine sound!!!

PREVIOUS M CARS - 02 E39 M5 / 06 E60 M5 / F10 M5 6MT 14 991 C2S
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2012, 01:07 AM   #37
R3dn3k Flyby
BigMacs
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M5

Garage List
2019 BMW M5  [9.67]
Somewhat curious why folks are constantly mounting V1 on the passenger side of the mirror. I've got mine mounted just above and to the driver side of the mirror below the tint. Great range and within reach to easily adjust. Mute for false alarms. Turn it up when I've got the music up. Hardwire kit was used. Turns on/off with car.

2020 RDX A-Spec : Apex Blue Pearl / Red
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2012, 08:18 AM   #38
KJ
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 - Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3dn3k Flyby View Post
Somewhat curious why folks are constantly mounting V1 on the passenger side of the mirror. I've got mine mounted just above and to the driver side of the mirror below the tint. Great range and within reach to easily adjust. Mute for false alarms. Turn it up when I've got the music up. Hardwire kit was used. Turns on/off with car.
I got mine installed in the same spot. Perfect location IMO!
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2012, 10:16 AM   #39
ersin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 YMB F80 M3

Quote:
I mount on the passenger side as high up as possible yet still below the tint. I can't see it or reach it as easily but I use the the V1 concealed display and the remote audio accessories to solve this. Mounting it on the passenger side of the mirror makes it harder for someone to see it from the driver side window. Also has great performance in that spot.

If you do not have the CD or RA then make sure you mount it where it is easily seen and operated, like you have on the driver side of the RVM. That spot is also as good for performance as the other side of the RVM. For best results in general, mount it high up on the windshield.

Cheers.
      06-22-2012, 10:28 AM   #40
Singletrack
4th down; 4th quarter? Renegade.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3; 19 FG M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated ///M View Post
Hola again, everyone.

Two questions for you folks!

1. I ordered myself a new V1. What's the best place to put it?

2. Is the M performance exhaust worth it? I want a throatier growl from the exhaust and don't want to give up my warranty.
1. V1 - used or direct.

2. I think so. Stock exhaust sounds amazing, just too quiet. If you are keeping the rest of the exhaust intact, then the M performance is a great choice.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2012, 06:16 AM   #41
doubleo
Memento Mori
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peahi View Post
I thoroughly enjoy my exhaust...no drone, awesome rumble-ly cold start (sets off some losers' alarms in the garage at work), roars as you step up into the showtime RPMs. I'm more a discrete person...I don't want to sound like a honda ricer at stoplights during the afternoon stop and go, but enjoy the sound when I open it up.

Have you seen these vids? From here: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=705815

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=QKFLpbfMcHI Damn, I can embed videos to save my life. If anyone can fix, please do!

hey man, do you (or anyone) know the name of the song in the intro of this video?
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2012, 04:25 PM   #42
kero
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 i8 Pure Impulse

has anyone done remotely activated cutouts?
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2012, 04:37 PM   #43
TVMA Doc
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3, Jerez Black

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by boostedM View Post
1. If you live anywhere but Virginia, put it anywhere you want. It's legal in the other 49 states. Although, some states have some "gotcha's". Florida, for instance, you're not allowed to have anything on your windshield but a state issued registration sticker, or the likes thereof, or a toll device (Sunpass, Easypass, ect) because anything else "obstructs your view".

2.IMO, not at all. Talk with your dealer about honoring your warranty with aftermarket exhaust. I go to Fields and I have extreme modifications (supercharger, full catless exhaust, lowering springs) and they honored my full warranty. A lot of dealers have employees who are enthusiast like all of us, and are pretty lenient with M cars.
For those states the Bel Sti-r is the wy to go. inconspicuous and so far not detectable by the RDDs.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2012, 04:40 PM   #44
TVMA Doc
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3, Jerez Black

Garage List
Quote:
It makes look cleaner while driving (unless you are the passenger), it is a bit easier to conceal from the cop that nailed you-unless he looks through the front window (I've had officers never take a look beyond my window and the rear bumper), and it makes it a shorter shot to the fuse box for hard wire. Other than that, it is just personal choice.
Appreciate 0